Do You Have a Video Game Specialty?

CooledEvergreen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPGs, specifically JRPGs/action RPGs, are where I excel, I think.

Everything else I'm downright terrible, but I try. It took me like 16 hours to beat the first MGS and the other games are painful for me to sneak my way through. Then I have 0 intuition when it comes to action and fighting games. :<

Music Games (Rock Band. Guitar hero ect..), Puzzle Games (think Portal and Cathrine), and SRPGs (Fire Emblem, XCOM, FF Tactics, Advanced Wars) are game type I am really good at meaning I can play well on the highest difficulties, I am not pro or anything.

you might not believe me but i'm pretty good at fire emblem as far as remembering things and taking care in planning

when i play for an audience i usually throw all of my judgement out the window for comedy's sake, but I just replayed Radiant Dawn and I impressed myself with how good I was at planning last hits by new members (I got muarim to level 40 among other things)

Other than that I'm literally the worst League player ever and the worst Smash player ever and the worst Borderlands player ever and the worst Zelda player ever and...

ArcSys fighters. I'm not exactly tourney-level or anything, but I still know my way around BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and the P4A games.

I also tend to main shit tiers. Thanks, ArcSys.

I probably don't have too much of a preference or specialty in terms of type/genre of video games:

RPGs: Pokemon (main series and Mystery Dungeon spinoffs), Fire Emblem

Shooters: Cave Story, Team Fortress 2, Kid Icarus Uprising

Fighting: Super Smash Bros.

Racing: Mario Kart

Beat 'em Up: Senran Kagura

Rhythm: Rhythm Thief, Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

Visual Novels: Harvest December, ...

• 2 months later...

I feel that I am best with 2 games: Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Megaman X

I mastered both games. I know where are all the spheres on my first go, I found a way to clear The True Arena with Leaf without taking damage and overall I got used to the bosses attack patterns. With Megaman X I got all heart tanks, E-tanks, Hadouken and armor parts. Really the only thing left to do is a speedrun for RTDL and a no deaths run and speedrun for Megaman X

I'm good at Fire Emblem... and not the standard way.

I'm good at... coming up with solutions to problems no one but me had in Fire Emblem.

For those of you who are maximum patience cheapskates.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Despite NOT being good at platformers in general, I was really good at Cool Spot back on the Genesis.

I tend to do best at Strategy, RPG, and SRPG, just because that's what I tend to enjoy most/spend the most time on, though, and I don't really consider myself anything super special at most.

... well, okay, there are trivia games on either PC or handheld systems that I do well at, but that's not really about any gaming skill. I just know one guy who's frequently impressed by my random useless knowledge when he needs to crowdsource an answer on his trivia game.