Uglyest animations

Enaluxeme

Those goddamned shamans with their freakishly slow animations, a fact exacerbated by the fact that they were largely enemy units. I was shocked to see the Druid animation being listed among the bad ones since frankly its speed was such a welcome fresh air over the shamans that I couldn't register any downside at all.

Also, while I don't exactly hate them, I resent how much worse the promoted lord criticals are in FE4 than the absolutely awesome junior lord criticals.

Edited by Alastor15243

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the gba animations. They may not be realistic, but they're fun to watch, and thats what the animations should be if you are forced to watch them (or turn them off entirely). That said, Roy's non-Binding Blade animation is just.... really rough. Especially after playing FE7 first and comparing Roy to Eliwood. He holds it weird and does an awkward looking upwards angled stab.

The animations in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are total time sinks. They're simply intolerable.

Shadow Dragon animations aren't especially great either but at least that game lets you skip the whole enemy phase. That was such a wonderful feature!

FE10 and FE13 have the best.

Honorable mention to FE11 and FE12 for having skippable animations, the next best kind of animations.

GBA and FE9 animations are horrendous that they legitimately keep me from playing those games. Honestly can't pick the worst offenders because they're all so bad.

You can turn the animations off. They shouldn't be stopping you from playing the games.

Anyways, I agree that Ike's Ranger animation is pretty bad with the way he swings his sword. I also don't like most of the Knight animations, because they're abysmally slow. And finally, the GBA Soldier animation is kind of bland and boring.

I actually really liked the over-the-top animations of the GBA era, but they could get boring after a while because there's no variation to it, besides the critical hit.

Path of Radiance is the only game I played where I just had to turn off the animations, because they are SO slow and SO boring.

Special mention goes to Dragonmasters/Dragonlords using axes at 2 range. Why does it take forever?

This one is really kinda dumb. The reason it takes so long is because for one thing the game waits for the Hand Axe to return to the Dragon Knight. Afterwards, the Dragon Knight actually waves the axe a little before the animation ends. Of course, the player usually can't see any of these things because the auto camera is focused on the target until the end of the animation, so it just looks like the game is waiting for no reason. But it can be seen by changing the camera mode.

Speaking of RD Dragon Knights, during battle the Daein Dragon Knights are actually red for some reason. Not sure if it's the same palette as the Begnion versions.

Edited by BrightBow