Animations: Do play with them on or off?

Azz

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do yoy play with animations on or off?

• On
    • Off
    • I have them on for a bit then turn them off
    • It depends on the game

Pretty self explanatory.

Do you play with animations on or off, or do you turn them off after a while or does it depend on the game?

Personally, it depends on the game. Like for the GBA games and SNES, I always keep them on, but for the 3D titles I just get bored of them after a while, especially in PoR.

Definately depends. I actually prefer Radiance/Dawn's on map animations, but the lethality skill in Awakening is too cool to miss(that fast forward button doesn't hurt either).

For GBA, I usually leave it on unless I've died 444 times and just want to speed through it.

It depends. For some reason I really like Gaiden's and Mystery's animations, but prefer the map animations in Genealogy and Thracia. I dislike the animation in 6-10 so I keep it off there, and with 11/12 I sometimes keep it on and skip occasionally and other times keep it off. Same goes for 13.

e: I forgot to mention that sometimes I'll turn off the ones I like so the map music isn't interrupted or turn on ones I don't like to hear the boss music.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

I leave them on 99% of the time, but I'll turn them off if I'm starting to get irritated or impatient. For example, replaying Apotheosis over and over again, or FE8's Chapter 19 on Hard (while trying to get all the chests and earn the Light Brand). And I always turn off dancing/staff animations whenever I can.

I also make sure to turn off animations for Wyvern Knights in FE8, but that's more of a practical reason.

Sometimes I'd turn em off in the games that have map-screen animations, like the Tellius and Jugdral games, for a nice change of pace.

I love keeping them on! But I know when I was playing Apotheosis (I got way more serious of course) I turn them off because it flows more fast, and I like seeing the cool sprites!

i keep them on if i want to watch them

so it depends

in fe11 and fe12 i always keep them on since i can skip the ones i don't like and watch the ones i do

in awakening i barely like any of them so a lot of the time i either keep it on and skip them or just turn them off

but the fact that you can speed them up is cool so sometimes i keep them on but i never watch them without speeding them up

in the gba games i pretty much always keep them on since not only do i like the animations a lot i am probably playing on an emulator which means i can fast forward through the ones i don't like

in fe9 i usually keep them on

in fe10 i really like the animations but they make the enemy phases take forever so i turn them off sometimes

oh also in fe4 i don't particularly like the animations but i like watching them and can fast forward through them so i keep them on usually

but sometimes i turn them off either because i want to hear the really good music or because i like the map animations. usually the former.

Edited by maybe

For the GBA games, I turn off healer and dancer animations, just because they're so long. If I'm grinding/stuck on a level I turn them off a lot of the times.

Otherwise, I typically have them on, because I love anticipating critical hits.

I like them in Mystery through Thracia and always use them. I like FE6's well enough, more than 7's even, and I like Shadow Dragon's for some reason.

So 3-6 and 11. I'll probably use Fates's animations for at least my first run in each game. I already like the animations, so unless I'm in a hurry they're staying on.

Depends on the game, I turn them off in 9 and 10 because the map animations are just as good and doesn't have to load each and every fight, but in awakening the map animations are really boring, so the battle animations are turned on.

More often than not I leave them on. I will occasionally turn them off while grinding or such, but for the most part I prefer to have them on.

On a side note, does anyone else actually change around and fiddle with the camera in the Awakening battles? I'll definitely tilt, zoom in and out, and even go into the first person view.

Off, since they're pretty repetitive and time consuming. Even if I decide to leave them on (like I do currently in FE5) I usually just speed up the emulator during them so yeah.

I only leave them in in Awakening because I like the cut-in's

Otherwise they make me rage because they take too long, so I turn them off.

Although I will say there is a feel for when you have a unit that may or may not survive and actually seeing them dodge/get killed by the attacks is a lot more exciting/rage inducing than watching them with animations off.