Recommendations for Team Size?

william2734

My Conquest team always includes 15~16 units.

They are usually in my final chapter team:

Corrin, Silas, Elise, Effie, Azura, Camilla, Beruka, Luna, Leo, Xander.

Feilicia or Jakob.

Flannel or Velour.

Zero or Eponine.

They are in my final chapter team for 1~3 playthroughs:

Benoit, Charlotte, Pieri, Midoriko, Foleo, Ophelia, Ignis, Kanna.

A capture unit from Ch 23.

3~4 magic users: Corrin, Leo, Elise, (Ophelia).

2~3 bow users: Zero/Eponine, Luna, (Midoriko).

1 temporary bow user: Azura.

Edited by Tooru

is this because of the exp nerf?

Ayup.

explain.

Here ya go:

Roughly speaking

Same Level = 30 Exp per kill, 10 exp per fight

Player 1 level higher = 25 Exp per kill

2 Levels: 19 Exp

3 Levels: 13 Exp

4 Levels: 7 Exp

5 Levels: 1 exp, no exp per fight

My team size in the routes is usually:

Hoshido: 5 combat pairs (most recent pairings are Ryoma/Kagerou, Silas/Hinoka, Takumi/Hana, Kamui/Servant, and Oboro/Saizou), Crimson (and maybe some pair up fodder for her which makes it 6 combat pairs), Staffbot, and Azura.

Nohr: 6 combat pairs (Kamui/Servant, Zero/Belka, Leo/Felicia, Marx/Charlotte, Effie/Flannel, Camilia/Harold), Azura, and a staffbot.

IK: 4 combat pairs at most prior to chapter 18, where I'll fit in a 5th, Azura, and a staffbot. Lowmanning is much more encouraged in IK than the other routes.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

My team size in the routes is usually:

Hoshido: 5 combat pairs (most recent pairings are Ryoma/Kagerou, Silas/Hinoka, Takumi/Hana, Kamui/Servant, and Oboro/Saizou), Crimson (and maybe some pair up fodder for her which makes it 6 combat pairs), Staffbot, and Azura.

Nohr: 6 combat pairs (Kamui/Servant, Zero/Belka, Leo/Felicia, Marx/Charlotte, Effie/Flannel, Camilia/Harold), Azura, and a staffbot.

IK: 4 combat pairs at most prior to chapter 18, where I'll fit in a 5th, Azura, and a staffbot. Lowmanning is much more encouraged in IK than the other routes.

none of the children?

none of the children?

Children isn't mus to get/use.

You're fine even with only parents, or rather i find it more challenging.

In fact, the child units are noifed in this game relative to Awakening (in some ways at least).

You can get child units very early on this time around, but if you get them too early, their base stats aren't necessarily going to be better than their parents' and their weapon ranks will almost certainly be worse. So children aren't really superior units unit much later on, and at that point you don't really need them.

Lowmanning isn't worth it because of the noticeable EXP drop at higher levels and the lack of thin hallways/chokepoints. However, it's worth it to prioritize a few units because you will inevitably kick someone out later for Ryoma/a kid/Xander.

none of the children?

Children are never more useful than their parents, in my experience. Even Velour, who is a straight upgrade to Flannel, isn't useful because whoever Flannel is being pair up fodder for is likely better than both of them by the time you get her.

A super early recruited Effie!Lutz in Nohr (comparable bases to Belka and if the current growth formula is assumed correct, has ~ 40%HP, 60% Str, 55% Spd, 50% Skl, 65% Def growths as a Wyvern which is ridiculous and can inherit HP +5 and Def +2 easily) or +Str Kamui!Shigure (who has problems existing anyway) are the only notable kids that make a difference, aside from drop in staffbots like Foleo and Dia who are better off recruited later.