New Fire Emblem Fates Screenshots?

carefreejules

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how varying the maps are now. In Awakening a lot of the maps looked similar to each other, but now we have some really well designed maps from the look of it. I can't wait to see all of them.

Edited by Tolvir

Translated from Rainarok?

Also are these English Patch or English Release?

I'm under the impression that they are English Release screenshots because the tumblr where I got the screenshots from, they also have an official website where they cover gaming news in general so it wouldn't make sense if they were from the English patch. That's the impression I get anyway.

Here's the article link that contains the screenshots on the website.

Edited by carefreejules

What type of tome is ragnarok? In gaiden it was dark, but I was under the impression that nosferatu was the only dark tome in Fates.

It's kinda fiery IIRC.

Also Gaiden didn't have Dark Magic, it had Black Magic, which is basically Anima Magic. Think Black Mage from Final Fantasy.

...And yeah those screenshots are official; they're from the Fire Emblem Fates new 3DS XL press release.

I think that Ragnarok is probably the localized name for the tome Mjolnir I think it's called I mean that's what I think at least from what I saw of that chapter camilla did have a tome of some sort I'm not sure if it was fire or thunder though.

EDIT;nevermind I just found out I have no idea what I'm talking about

Also Ragnarok is a fire tomb apparently.

Edited by goldenlance7

The item icons are probably the worst design failures in the game.

Here, it's hard to tell just what Ragnarok is at a glance. We know it's fire, but every single tome looks like fire. It's weirdly lazy after all of Awakening's icons, and they could have recycled some Awakening icons for some Nohrian weapons.

Ragnarok is the tome equivalent to a silver weapon. Pretty sure only DMs and Sorcs get stuff like Nosferatu and Camilla is a Malignant Malig Knight so it can't possibly be considered a dark magic.

Which weapon is Kodachi btw? It's not Yato, so what is it, one of the toys you randomly get from My Castle?

Ragnarok is the tome equivalent to a silver weapon. Pretty sure only DMs and Sorcs get stuff like Nosferatu and Camilla is a Malignant Malig Knight so it can't possibly be considered a dark magic.

Which weapon is Kodachi btw? It's not Yato, so what is it, one of the toys you randomly get from My Castle?

How many Dark tomes even exist? I've literally only seen Nosferatu and it's terrible now. I'm guessing one from Awakening would be there too?

Really what do you dislike about him? If you don't mind me asking?

Well, I just don't find his design pleasing to look at. His hair is kind of doofy and his costume is so tight he looks like he could use oxygen support and something to eat.

How many Dark tomes even exist? I've literally only seen Nosferatu and it's terrible now. I'm guessing one from Awakening would be there too?

I believe Nosferatu is the only one, though I might be wrong about that.

I still can't get over how ugly default male Corrin is.

I still can't get over how ugly this official translation made by professionals is. The font is horrible, some name changes are ridiculous (Yato? Xander? Niles? As official names?) and I agree about Corrin. I just hope they were able to flavor the dialogue well, as it was done with Awakening.

also lol at takumi owning kamui so easily, archers are OP in this game

Edited by Rapier

Nosferatu is still cheesy; you just don't double or proc skills with it anymore. However, you needn't buy more than one either!

It's probably a perfect tome for Nohr!Odin who has good bulk and doesn't really manage to double all that much anyway.

oh, and neither Ruin nor Aversa's Night are in the game.

Edited by Espinosa