Help with getting Ike some strength

Hi all,

This is my first play through of FE9 (I have however played FE10 multiple times so it's odd going back in time). Put simply, I am playing on Normal Mode, and my Ike is weaksauce. His Strength sits at a measly 7 (I believe that is what, 2 stat ups?) at level 16, and I am about to do chapter 8 (which my friend says is really hard). Even Mia has 10 strength and she's only level 10! I though myrms were the weak ones.

Anyways, I was just wondering as a heads up where I can get the strength +2 items in game (forgot what they were called since RD; Energy Drops?).

Regards,

EdwardSunnyDisposition

Wooow. Yeah, that's an unfortunately screwed Ike there. You might want to restart, sadly. As an Ike with low str will make the battles with the BK and stuff haaard. I should know, I had this happen to me once.

Edited by Anacybele

The other is in a chest in chapter 21.

If you don't want to restart, you can try and rig his levels. Keep Ike out of battle as much as possible. When he's about to level up at the start of a chapter, give him BEXP until he levels. If he doesn't get strength, reset until he does.

The other is in a chest in chapter 21.

If you don't want to restart, you can try and rig his levels. Keep Ike out of battle as much as possible. When he's about to level up at the start of a chapter, give him BEXP until he levels. If he doesn't get strength, reset until he does.

I think I will do that then. I really don't want to restart, even if I might not be that far into the game, simply because all my other units are doing pretty stellar I think. Boyd is an OP Fighter.

I just looked up Ike's strength growth as 50%. Wow I really have been screwed over :'/

Since you're on Normal mode, you should be fine without restarting. Pick Giffca in the final map and he'll pretty easily beat Ashnard. Use Physic (it's buyable at the Endgame) on your staff units for extra safety. Alternatively, give Ike Resolve and Wrath as skills (Aether is honestly never worth it imo) and it should patch up most of his problems.

Forge Ike a max Mt Steel Sword that doesn't weigh him down and continue using him. He still has 24 levels to gain strength. With promo bonuses and stat boosters, you should eventually be looking at a good Ike. You may want to escape from the optional BK battle anyway, but he will fight the final boss just fine - simply don't waste your Wrath and Resolve skills on anyone else before.

Forge Ike a max Mt Steel Sword that doesn't weigh him down and continue using him. He still has 24 levels to gain strength. With promo bonuses and stat boosters, you should eventually be looking at a good Ike. You may want to escape from the optional BK battle anyway, but he will fight the final boss just fine - simply don't waste your Wrath and Resolve skills on anyone else before.

I may have just burnt out my cash on a forged steel sword for Mia, is money easy to come by in this game?

I'm on chapter 16 and Ike's like the only character that 2-3 rounds. Everyone else 1-2 rounds. Frigging promote already.

Also Volke is ridiculously statistically sound for a frigging thief. 16 strength at level 15!!!!!

Volke is held back by the really bad Mt on his Daggers honestly. I guess Lethality helps a bit.