Hi there!

Gzei

Hi there, Gzei here!

I used to just lurk around both Serenes Forest and FE Reddit so hopefully now I can actively participate in the FE community. It's always fun to read about what other fans think about Fire Emblem and the games/characters in general. Stumbled onto the series when I was looking to play other games (got off the Pokemon train for awhile) on the GBA, my first console. Fire Emblem was one of the first games where I had exposure to the tactics RPG genre.

I started out with Blazing Sword based off the cover art and some screenshots alone, not knowing what to expect. I can safely say I did not regret my time spent at all :D

I was amazed by both the battle system, the whole management system, and having units to command, each with their own individual names and personalities. I really felt engaged with the story and these characters, and felt like I was part of their journey. The battle system gave me a hard time at first, with all the planning your moves ahead (and of course permadeath!) and all but I grew to really love it! It was just crazy how complete the game felt to me back then, and it pushed me to play Sacred Stones as well.

Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to try the rest of the releases. I had not been keeping up with the series ever since I finished Sacred Stones, so the announcement of Awakening came out to me from nowhere! And everything looked so...modern! The game was still super great though, and it really ignited my love for the series again. That said, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Fire Emblem Fates :)

Other blurbs about me:

- Currently playing Trails of Cold Steel

- Also waiting for Persona 5

- Love creating fanart

Cheers everyone!

Welcome to the community, Gzei!

The personalities attached to the characters is a big reason why I want to make sure they're alive, too! It's one of Fire Emblem's best aspects, if you ask me.

Persona 5 needs to come out already.

Welcome to the Forest, Gzei!

I was amazed by both the battle system, the whole management system, and having units to command, each with their own individual names and personalities. I really felt engaged with the story and these characters, and felt like I was part of their journey. The battle system gave me a hard time at first, with all the planning your moves ahead (and of course permadeath!) and all but I grew to really love it!

Those are also the reasons I fell in love with the Fire Emblem Saga.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the community, Gzei!

The personalities attached to the characters is a big reason why I want to make sure they're alive, too! It's one of Fire Emblem's best aspects, if you ask me.

Persona 5 needs to come out already.

Welcome to the Forest, Gzei!

Those are also the reasons I fell in love with the Fire Emblem Saga.

Its nice of you to join us. Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to Serenes Gzei! Have a great time!

Welcome to serenes

Thank you friends for the warm welcome! Have a super day :D