Questions for Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn fans!

thejayeagle

I was wondering between each of these characters which are the more popular. I am looking for people's opinions based on capability in battle, personality, and designs.

Nephenee vs Aran vs Danved,

Oscar vs Kieran vs Makalov vs Titania vs Astrid vs Fiona vs Geofferey vs Renning,

Rolf vs Shinon vs Leonardo,

Boyd vs Largo vs Nolan,

Jill vs Haar,

Marcia vs Tanith vs Sigrun vs Elincia,

Lethe vs Lyre vs Ranulf,

Mordecai vs Maurim vs Kyza,

Janaff vs Ulki vs Volug,

Soren vs Ilyana vs Tormod vs Calil vs Bastian vs Sanaki vs Pelleas,

Rhys vs Laura vs Mist vs Micaiah vs Oliver,

Mia vs Zihark vs Stefan vs Lucia vs Edward,

Sothe vs Volke vs Heather,

Reyson vs Rafiel vs Leanne,

Gatrie vs Brom vs Tauroneo vs Meg,

Vika vs Nealuchi

Skrimir vs Giffca

Naesala vs Caineghis vs Tibarn vs Nailah

Ena vs Gareth vs Nasir vs Kurthnaga

I'm not comparing Ike to anyone because 9/10 people will likely say Ike cuz lets face it, aside from Hector, he is the best lord stat wise, plus he was popular enough to make it into Smash Bros twice.

Nephenee wins in every category.

Oscar vs Kieran vs Makalov vs Titania vs Astrid vs Fiona vs Geofferey vs Renning,

Titania is generally considered really good in terms of stats and battle capability, but they can all be at least pretty good...although Makalov and Fiona are probaby the two worst. I like Geoffrey and Oscar the best in terms of design and personality, though.

Shinon is the best in terms of battle capability, unless you put a LOT of time into Rolf and Leonardo. I like Rolf's design and personality the best, though.

Boyd vs Largo vs Nolan,

Boyd and Nolan can both be good, although Nolan might be a tad better. None of them are really noteworthy in terms of personality, and in terms of design I like Nolan the best.

Jill vs Haar,

Jill is generally considered excellent if you put time into her, whereas Haar is considered excellent right off the bad. I like Jill's design and personality more.

Elincia is the best in terms of personality and design (in my opinion) and I personally consider her the best unit out of these.

Lethe vs Lyre vs Ranulf,

Ranulf wins in all categories.

Mordecai wins in all categories.

Janaff vs Ulki vs Volug,

I personally don't really use any of them, but I've heard Janaff and Ulki can be good.

Soren is probably the best in terms of battle capability, but none are super-great. I don't have a favorite for design/personality.

I like Laura's design a lot, and Oliver has a very humorous personality. Mist and Rhys are probably the two best units, though.

I've seen huge debates about whether Mia or Zihark is the best. I prefer Mia in all categories.

Sothe is forced in RD so using the other two is really one of the most pointless things you could do. I don't care for any of them personally, but I suppose Volke has the best design.

I prefer Reyson, but they all have pros/cons as units. I like them all about the same in personality and design.

Personally, I seriously argue that Brom is a great unit who is seriously underrated. Gatrie is preferred thanks to his speed, but Brom I still argue is good. I also like Brom the most in terms of personality and design.

Vika vs Nealuchi

*Shrugs*

Skrimir vs Giffca

Giffca, he's basically a mini-Caineghis in terms of battle capability. Skrimir has a more developed personality, though.

All are great and overpowered. I like Caineghis the best in terms of personality and design.

*Shrugs*

I can tell you who I like better overall. Although it is more based on "I just like them better" more than usefulness. Although usefulness can play a factor.

Nephenee

Titania

Rolf

Largo

Haar

Elincia

Ranulf

Mordecai (RIP Kyza)

Janaff

Calil (Sanaki is a close 2nd)

Oliver

Stefan

Volke

Reyson

Brom

Nealuchi, I guess

Skrimir

Tibarn

Nasir

It's difficult for me to look up and down the page due to being on my phone to type but I have to put in a vote for Zihark though. I thought Soren was my best character until Zihark happened and I was legit afraid of him in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Hatsuoki

This is who I prefer to use, pretty much.

Aran, no contest. Tanky and strong ftw. This dude was somewhat underleveled and could take critical hits.

Kieran because I think he's the best in both Tellius games and I have bias for him. :P

Rolf in PoR, Shinon in RD no contest. RD Shinon is one of the few archers in the whole series that's super good, I think.

Boyd vs Largo vs Nolan,

Boyd, no contest again. He's one of the hardest hitting beorc units in both games! Love dat strength. He usually gets nice speed for me too.

Jill vs Haar,

Jill in PoR since I never used Haar there, but Haar in RD.

Tanith in PoR because dat Reinforce ability, and Elincia in RD.

Lethe vs Lyre vs Ranulf,

Ranulf in both games, though Lethe is good in PoR too. I also have Ranulf bias though. :P

Muarim in PoR, Mordecai in RD.

Janaff vs Ulki vs Volug,

Volug, though you can't really compare him to Janaff and Ulki because they're birds while he's a wolf...

Soren, even though I despise him character-wise.

I like Rhys best because frail sickly dude owning bad guys (when he gets light magic). Srsly.

Zihark because more bias and I actually think he's the best out of the ones I've used here.

Volke in PoR, Sothe in RD.

I'd say Reyson, since I'm most familiar with him.

Gatrie, dude is surprisingly FAST for his class!

Vika vs Nealuchi

Nealuchi because Vika has shit availability.

Skrimir vs Giffca

Skrimir, because again, he has better availability.

Tibarn is a badass.

Kurth, he is like WHOA. Nasir is best in PoR though.

Edited by Anacybele

Aran, definately. One of my best units and saved me in the final fight. I liked all of the knights so its hard for me with that one.

Bastian was definitely my favorite mage. He was my favorite personality wise, and at least for me he was good.

Volke, for both his character, and being one of my best units endgame.

Out of the Sword users, it is hard to choose between Zihark, Stefan, and Mia. I took both Mia and Stefan into the endgame, and both were really good.

Gatrie, no contest. Though personality wise I really liked Tauroneo.

Nasir out of the dragons. I liked him in PoR, and my main objective in Radiant Dawn was to use my main team from Path of Radiance.

Tibarn, though I really liked Naesala.

I also really liked Rafiel. He was effective for me, and definately better personality wise in my opinion.

Sigrun was a really suprising unit, and wish I used her more to bring her into endgame.

A lot of the others are the same answers as everyone else. Shinon, Jill, I really wasn't big on the fighters, but if I had to choose it would be Nolan. Unfortunately he didn't make it to the end. Ike killed him in the last round of the fight, and I didn't feel like restarting for my 50th time.

I'm going to leave out some where I use none of the members of a comparsion group

Titania is the best, and if it's PoR I also like to run Astrid. RD Astrid is... hard to use even with Paragon, though.

Shinon if RD, none of them if PoR because I'm too busy mount rushing and if I need a bow I'll use Astrid

Jill vs Haar,

Both. I like both a lot, honestly. Can't really go wrong with either, unless Jill gets RNG screwed, I guess.

All of them. Run full air force. Make your enemies fear you.

Lethe vs Lyre vs Ranulf,

I don't run non-royal, non-heron Laguz that much but Ranulf was pretty endearing in PoR as far as I remember as a character, so him.

See above, but sub Ranulf with Mordecai.

Janaff vs Ulki vs Volug,

Captain Abs

Soren's my favorite both as a character and a unit, but I like Calil, Sanaki, and Bastian as characters too.

Mist.

Lucia's my favorite character by a long shot but she's also a terrible unit. Unitwise, Stefan in PoR, Mia in RD.

Volke.

Both Reyson and Leanne. Reyson slightly more probably? But idk I like both of them

Skrimir vs Giffca

Skrimir

I mean I like all of them but Tibarn and Nailah a bit more

Not so much as a unit, but I'm fond of Kurth as a character.

Edited by Thor Odinson

It was FE: Path of Nephenee to me. I love Aran but I was too lazy to level him up.

Oscar vs Kieran vs Makalov vs Titania vs Astrid vs Fiona vs Geoffrey vs Renning,

I like both of 'em, but I'm a little bit biased about Kieran.

Rolf in RD, none in PoR. My Rolf was so strong. Idc what others think of archers/bows in both games. I may be biased because he's my 2nd favorite FE character.

Boyd vs Largo vs Nolan,

Boyd to support him with Rolf

Jill vs Haar,

Jill in PoR, Haar in RD(aka Radiant Haar).

Tanith in PoR, Elincia in RD.

Lethe vs Lyre vs Ranulf,

Didn't use any of them that much but Ranulf.

None

Janaff vs Ulki vs Volug,

I didn't use em either but I remember using Volug for a while.

Soren in PoR, Calil in RD.

I didn't use healers in PoR so I'm giving this to Micaiah since I'm stuck with her in RD. She was a pretty good healer.

Stefan in PoR, Mia and Edward in RD. But my most fave is Edward.

Sothe since I'm stuck with him too.

He was useful in the final battle in RD.

Vika vs Nealuchi

Neither

Skrimir vs Giffca

All of em. I like 'em all because they're so strong. I personally love Tibarn the most, Naesala is next.

Only used Kurth and I'm biased.
Edited by BeMine96

Nephenee vs Aran vs Danved

Neph is my favorite over all, I like all of her. I like how she is a normal girl who is a bit awkward.

Oscar vs Kieran vs Makalov vs Titania vs Astrid vs Fiona vs Geofferey vs Renning

My favorite Fire Emblem character! I love Kieran! He is strong, funny, endearing and I can't help but have a crush on him. In RD he got hit by the nerf but that does not stop me from using him.

Rolf vs Shinon vs Leonardo

Well, best at everything, incredibly funny, awesomely bitter, a total pro... Shinon is great and I wish there were more characters similar to him. He is awesome with the Double Bow against Deghinsea.

Boyd vs Largo vs Nolan
I love Boyd so much. Awwgh. Handsome and a very nice unit on top of it? But I will never forgive him when he had 8 SKL promoted in PoR.

Jill vs Haar

I have a thing for eyepatches, also I am not keen on Jill.

Marcia vs Tanith vs Sigrun vs Elincia

Elincia! My favorite female character in FE! I love her bravery and kindness. As a unit, she is awesome, IMO. Very good support and a candidate for the healing spot in RD engame, although she is in general a good jack-of-all-trades.

Lethe vs Lyre vs Ranulf

I don't use cats, so I'm voting Lyre out of sympathy.

Mordecai vs Maurim vs Kyza

Probably Muarim. He is cool.

Janaff vs Ulki vs Volug

Probably Ulki. He is weirdly likable.

Soren vs Ilyana vs Tormod vs Calil vs Bastian vs Sanaki vs Pelleas

This is hard... because I can't choose between Ilyana and Pelleas. I like Ilyana mostly due to jokes between me and my sister, and Pelleas because I loved him as a character. As units, they are both poopy and surpassed by others, so err. I think I'll go with Pelleas because Ilyana is still a bit on the one note side.

Rhys vs Laura vs Mist vs Micaiah vs Oliver

Rhys! He is so cute! And he fits the high RES niche. Lovely staff user... but his offense is... err... gosh, he is adorable though, isn't he? Titania x Rhys 5ever.

Mia vs Zihark vs Stefan vs Lucia vs Edward

Probably Zihark. He can be kind of funny, and is a nice change to broody edgy myrmidons.

Sothe vs Volke vs Heather

Volke......... because he reminds me of Solid Snake. Whenever I play PoR with my sister and we voice the characters in humorous tones, I imitate David Hayter when I voice him.

Reyson vs Rafiel vs Leanne

Rafiel. He is very cute and tender. Also, celerity. Leanne is another serious contender, she is so adorable and her moments of bravery are very endearing.

<3 GATRIE <3 He is Shinon's perfect partner (not in that way I swear guys), plus he is also funny. Not to mention strong!

Vika vs Nealuchi

Nealuchi because he is a badass grandpa.

Skrimir vs Giffca

Skrimir is so sexy, no contest. Ok there are more reasons for this! I love his growth as a character, and it was interesting to see how much of a hot head he was. I loved his dialogue with Soren.

Nailah. She is cool and badass, and of course she is an excellent unit. Nailah x Rafiel 5ever.

I can't choose because I think I like them all, but I guess Kurthnaga is the best choice due to his personality and character. As a unit, of course, he is the ultimate Est, so I can't really recommend him.

Ok. Some sort of witchcraft took over my post so ignore that first line in bold's boldness, and that ghosting quote box.

Soldiers: Nephenee. Not a fan of any of these guys tbh, but Neph is the one thats the most usable and tends to do better.

Pallies: Titania first and formost. But i really love just about all of them. So to narrow it down by how good they are: Titania, Oscar (PoR), Kieran, Astrid (PoR), Makalov. Geoff and Renning, i really dont use them. Fiona is legit bad, but i like her character.

Archers: Shinon. Just...Shinon.

Fighters: N O L A N. I do love a good Boydening, but Nolan wins hands down.

Wyverns: Oooo...eagh....

IP73rh.jpg

Pegs: Uhhh Marcia. Tanith is also really good. Elincia in RD is whomp too. Ugh...I love all of them though. Sigrun is on the bottom as a unit.

Cats: Ranulf. :)

Tigers: ITS MORDY TIME!

Hawks and Volug: Umm...I like the hawks but Volug wins.

Mages: S O R E N. Hes like my second favorite character in the entire series so yeah.

Healer/Light Mags: Mist is my favorite. Micaiah is the most useful though.

Swordies: Zihark.

Thieves: Definitely Volke. I do like Heather, but Volke is just yes.

Herons: L E A N N E.

Thwomps: Meg is my favorite. Deal with it. Best as a unit? Big T is hella useful and Gatrie's got gud shit. (just ass for move)

Ravens: Nealuchi RAHHH! I like Vika but Nealuchi's whole character is just the business and he can be legit useful if you know how to bullshit.

Lions (non-royal): Skrimir. He gets good character development and can be useful af in part 4.

Laguz Royals: I WHIP AND NAE NAESALA!

Durgins: Kurthnaga is my favorite.

Sothe vs Volke vs Heather

Volke......... because he reminds me of Solid Snake. Whenever I play PoR with my sister and we voice the characters in humorous tones, I imitate David Hayter when I voice him.

can never unsee

now I will always read volke's lines in solid snake's voice

nephenee, because she's cute, has a nice design, and is pretty easy to train compared to the others. also obligatory joke about how you forgot danved.

oscar! he's like my favorite fire emblem character in general. i like him a lot. he's just such a nice guy. also he's an okay unit i guess but not as good as titania in either game

shinon, probably. i also like rolf because he's cute but really i like both of them. i really like the conversation they have in radiant dawn when shinon gives him that bow

nolan because he looks cool and also he seems like a nice enough guy. he's also an almost good unit for a fighter. or maybe he actually is good and mine just got really screwed which is why he could almost never double anything and had to rely on the brave axe to kill things.

haar because jill got super screwed in my runs of both games which resulted in her being useless in path of radiance and only good after reaching dragonlord in radiant dawn (although she was really good then). also haar has an eyepatch. eyepatches are cool.

elincia

i really like her design and i like her character and also she has a really nice theme song and also she has a really good sword and is a really good unit in radiant dawn.

ranulf

he's a nice character and might be the only character in radiant dawn with actually good voice acting. also he's blue.

tigers suck

why is volug with the birds

janaff i guess

soren is the only one out of all of those that has ever been decently useful and also i like his character more than any of those others.

oliver is the best and most beautiful character ever i like rhys he's cute

mia's really cute and has one of my absolute favorite designs for a fire emblem character and is also a pretty great unit in radiant dawn. zihark is pretty cool too and i also really like stefan. in addition edward managed to kill ike so i kinda like him too. i'm biased towards swordmasters.

volke looks cool but i actually kinda liked sothe in path of radiance while i actually didn't recruit volke. still volke looks cooler and sothe has a terrifyingly exposed

midriff so volke.

reyson is a really good singer! and also i like his design a lot. and his character's pretty nice too.

meg

i never used vika or nealuchi but vika has a better design i guess?

i don't like skrimir but i don't even know who giffca is so skrimir

i like all the royals. all of them. i guess not caineghis much since i never got to use him but i like all of them at least a little. i guess tibarn.

kurth i guess

Well I suppose if I had to pick... it would be:

Nephenee

Oscar

Rolf

Boyd

Haar

Marcia

Lyre

Mordecai

Janaff and Volug tied

Tormod and Ilyana tied

Rhys

Mia and Zihark tied

Sothe

Reyson

Gatrie and Meg tied

Vika

Skrimir

Nailah

Ena tied with Kurthnaga

Nephenee

Titania

Shinon

Largo

Jill vs Haar tie

Elincia

Lethe

Maurim

Ulki

Pelleas

Rhys

Mia

Volke

Reyson

Gatrie

Vika vs Nealuchi Neither dislike both equally

Giffca

Tibarn vs Nailah tie

Nasir

Edited by Xander

Por: Nephenee all the way.
RD: Nephenee is generally praised but in reality she sucks here with better options all around. She needs transfers and babying to get her to a solid point. After that she'll rock the game! Danved is okay but lacks mvement for his first chapters to keep up. Aran is pretty solid but is generally overshadowed. In my opinion. Aran>Danved>Nephenee. But none of the 3 really should be used.

PoR: Titania>Oscar>Kieran>Geoffrey>Astrid>Makalov. With makalov the only one needing real effort te become usefull.
RD: Titania>Geoffrey>Kieran>Oscar>Makalov>Fiona>Astrid. Don't use anyone past the first three. Oscar is okay for some chapters but should be benched shortly afterwards.

PoR: Shinon>Rolf. Really use Shinon in the early chapters. Then use neither afterwards.
RD: Shinon>Leonardo>Rolf. Shinon all the way. The other 2 are usefull for chip in the chapters they don't take up a deployment slot others would've liked.

Boyd vs Largo vs Nolan,

PoR: Boyd>Largo Both solid in their own ways.

RD: Nolan> Boyd. Nolan is a good tank and quite speedy. Untill endgame rears it's ugly head he's a solid choice. Boyd is too slow even with transfers.

Jill vs Haar,

Por: Jill>Haar. Jill super good. Haar is okay.
RD: Haar>Jill. Jill still super good. Haar just became godlike.

Por: Marcia>Tanith>Elincia. Poor Elincia is kind of bad but the other two ROCK HARD.
RD: Elincia>Tanith>Marcia>Sigrun. Elincia is prety damn good this time thanks to her own sword. Tanith is usable.

Lethe vs Lyre vs Ranulf,

Por: Lethe>Ranulf. Mainly because LEthe transforms right away and has many chapters on him.
RD: Ranulf>Lethe>Lyre. Ranulf is solid. Lethe is okay in part 2. Lyre is a cutie trash tier.

Por: Muarim>Mordecai. Muarim starts with solid stats, Mordecai is too slow.

RD: Mordecai>MUarim>Kyza. Mord has really good Defense. Muarim has good stats and is solid in part 1 but then dissapears.(Ironically being able to survive decently in the chapter he returns near the end.). Kysha is barely beter then Lyre.

Janaff vs Ulki vs Volug,

Por: Ulki>Janaff. Dat dodge and good Str growth make Ulki slightly better. But I'dd reccomend using neither.
RD: Volug>Janaff>Ulki. The hawks have similar usability but Janaff starts 1 level closer to that mastery skill. Both are really good and good candidates for combat in the army splits of part 4. Volug is jsut so good in part 1 he takes the cake here.

Por: Callil>eeeehhhhh. yeah.... Callil is pretty good. Most of the others are growth characters.

RD: Soren>Callil>Sanaki I can't be bothered with the rest. Mages sadly are not that good.

Por: Rhys>Mist. Mist needs too much exp.

RD: Micaiah>Rhys>Oliver>Laura>Mist. This one was hard for the ordering near the tail. Micaiah is forced and actualyl pretty okay. The rest.... whelp I would not reccoment using them after their healing uses are done.

PoR: ugh Swordmasters..... Stefan>Zihard>Mia>Lucia. And I wouldn't reccomend using Stefan either. He's okay.
RD: Edward>Zihark>Lucia>Mis>Stefan. Edward is needed for a few chapters. Zihark is pretty okay for his earth suport in the DB chapters. Lucia is nice to have in Chapter 2-2. rest is obsolete.

Por: Volke>Sothe. Yeaaaaah.
RD: Sothe>Heather>Volke. None are usefull combatwise n the lategame. At least Sothe has his combat early on and Both he and Heather havetheir stealing/chest/door phase. Volke has NOTHING.

Por: Reyson. hurr durr.
RD: Rafiel>Reyson>Leanne. Since a choice between them is only valid for endgame Rafiel is the clear winner. Turn 1 is all it takes on those maps.

Por: Gatrie>Tauroneo>Brom. I like Brom..... use none of them tbh. Gatrie has his early uses. Tauroneo has solid stats right off the bat. And Brom seems to be the growth character among them.
RD: Tauroneo>Brom>Gatrie>Meg. Oh am I going to get flak for this one. None of them should be planned to be used longterm. Which means Tauroneo for his solid performance in the DB chapters is the best. And Brom's performance in part 2 puts him second.

Vika vs Nealuchi

RD: Nealuchi>Vika. I.... really like Vika. But Nealuchi is usefull in 2-P, 2-2 and 2-F. While Vika is overshadowed in all 3 P1 chapters. Her ability to fly and carry is her best trait.... Sob*

Skrimir vs Giffca

I actually do not know. Skrimir is really good in 4-P and 4-3, While Giffca is a pretty solid choice for endgame.

Tibard>Caineghis>Nailah>Neassala. Bleh.

This is basically a Who's the best of the class type of question, so I'll go in order and based only on FE10.

Sword users

Best: Mia

Mostly because she is the most balanced out of the 4 and her contributions are appreciated. BEXP also helps her case since she'll cap Skl and Sp pretty quick to fix her str and durability issues. Edward is also good in general but he has a higher dependence on growths and level ups whereas Mia has a slightly better position among the GMs.

My favorite of the 4 is Stefan in terms of design. HM to Zihark.

Lance users

Best: Nephenee

Pretty much same as Mia, favoring her being a more versatile unit and having P2 coverage. Aran is a tank too, but he struggles so much with Sp its not even funny. BEXP will serve him good mostly by 2nd and 3rd tier where he'll cap Str and Def quickly, but still he'll probably get doubled whereas Nephenee will have higher Sp, have Adept and fix Str issues at a faster pace than Aran fixing his Sp issues. Danved is simply terrible and is so mediocre that he'll only be good with favoritism.

In terms of design and personality, Nephenee.

Axe users

Best: Quite difficult because the competition is tough. I'd say Boyd mostly due to affinity and being more oriented into str and tanking. Boyd competes with Haar and Titania while Nolan competes with Jill and Volug. Both unit's contributions are good enough to be usable.

Favorite: Boyd, I prefer tha background he has with the GMs and his pairing with Mist.

Bow users

Best: Shinon

Hands down, all the hate to Shinon, but this sniper is so awesome that he'll do the job for you, specially with the Killer Bow and high Spd. Leonardo is also a nice marksman but his growths are so terrible that you'll have to rig Hp, str and sp or pull BEXP lv ups to even out his lack of balance in terms of needed stats. Leo with crossbows and Beastfoe is really fun in 3-6 and 4-5, but the care and the investment is quite considerable while Shinon shares a more confortable position. Rolf is also a good sniper with higher str but his sp is quite eww.

Favorite is Leo, but his growths are horrible. Who needs so much luck and res where you face a few mages in the game and it doesn't even stimulate Archer/Mage usage?

Paladins

Best: Titania

Don't even think it. Best out of all of them. Quick promotion and she becomes more beast than what she already is and has high contributions in P3. Oscar is also good but his Sp cap and low Str will make him struggle to kill enemies even by 3rd Tier (unless he procs Sol every minute), however his Str is fixable with BEXP and early Skl/Sp caps. Geoffrey is also strong but he shows up until 4-5 where enemies are powerful and dangerous, he's still pretty good due to having Paragon and Sol, and killing an enemy or two will make him level up. Kieran and Makalov both are growth unis and will struggle at killing enemies consistently, although Kieran is on a better position than Makalov; Makalov being Sword locked at Tier 2 hurts his ranged combat but both are ok. Astrid is a special case because she'll need so much care throughout all her Tier 2 until she caps stats and promotes. She'll need Blossom and kills to level up quickly and get good levels because her growths aren't spectacular either. Once she promotes she'll get Javelins and Sol and kill more consistently, and will have enough Sp to double Auras with White Tide. Oh and Renning is simply ok, but the rest contribute throughout all the game.

Favorite: Geoffrey, I miss his green armor!

Pegasi:

Best: Elincia, HM to Marcia

Elincia is awesome because of Amiti, Canto and staves, she owns Ludveck at P2 and is pretty solid on P4 that she'll eliminate most threats with ease with her good bases and awesome growths. Marcia is also good but she'll need care and treatment. Tanith comes with good bases and has a better position than Sigrun. Sigrun comes with terrible bases and growths and although she's still useful, the other pegasi are likely the better option. However, Sigrun's high Res is appreciated in the desert where Bishops won't target her, whereas Marcia and Tanith will struggle a bit if not using Pure Water.

Favorite: Sigrun, she's gorgeous but statwise is kinda meh.

Wyverns

Best: Haar

Haar stomps the game pretty. A speedwing, level ups and BEXP will make him more monster than what he already is. He will only need forges by late Part 3 and Part 4, so he'll avoid resource wastes, making him a highly efficient unit. Jill is also a pretty good unit, she'll need some stat boosters and lv ups and she'll be unstoppable. Positive things about Jill is that her higher Res make her more viable in Silver Route than Haar, but both are awesome.

Favorite is Jill, hm to her back story at Talrega in FE9.

Thieves

Best: Sothe

He basically deals with Part 1 pretty by himself. The rest are redundant but it's up to you whether to use them or not. Heather is faster like Nephenee while Sothe is more like Ike. Volke is cool due to Lethality and having higher crt.

Favorite: uh, Volke.

Mages

Best: Soren

Soren has the most confortable position out of all of them, caps stats faster, receiving the benefits of BEXP. Ilyana is also really good but her growth are pretty much average and having a higher variance in terms of stats, make her levels have higher risk, making it hard to tell whether she'll turn out good or not, but her availability favours her. Calill is also good due to having good growths but her availability sucks a bit. Tormod is in a worse position than Calill or Sanaki. Bastian is terrible, Pelleas is mediocre but has better posibilites of being better than Bastian. Sanaki is basically Micaiah with Anima tomes.

Favorite: Ilyana. Although Pelleas is also close.

Bishops/Healers

Best: Micaiah

She's the best at both combat and healing, although Laura will be better at combat due to better combat stats but will require more effort. Rhys is kinda mediocre, Oliver is poop and Mist is effing horrible.

Favorite: do I need to say it?

Laguz

I don't really use Laguz that much so I'll summarize it by telling that royals are by far the best. But my favorites are:

Tigers: Kyza

Cats: Ranulf

Wolf: Volug

Hawks: Tibarn

Raven: Naesala

Dragon: Kurthnaga

Heron: Rafiel. Imo the best of the three is Rafiel since he vigors 4 units right off the bat, then Leanne then Reyson. They're not ro face combat so stats aren't that important besides high Hp, and BEXP levels are basically better than regular ones.

For those that are wondering why I put Volug with Janaff and Ulki, is because if I didn't, then Volug would be being compared to Nailah... which is a laguz royal. There is not really a contest between those 2.