Would it be worth it..

wumples

To get a series 1 box at this point? Somehow I've managed to acquire all but the R and SR cards of series 1, without buying a booster box. I think the SR cards of this set are the most aesthetically pleasing, but I don't really have any of them. Because I am Canadian (falling dollar), most of these cards would cost me $40+ to buy singular. Not an option for teenager. So, senior card collectors, is it worth it to buy a whole box just for R/SR?

I apologize if there is already a thread like this or if I am not supposed to post threads like this here. I cannot find anything :(

Oh! Just remembered - how much does shipping cost for 2 booster boxes on Amiami? (I usually get the cheapest tracked option). I figure that if I get series 1 box I may as well get it at the same time as series 4 comes out.

Hmm I dunno about two boxes :/

But when I got my box, the shipping was around 10-15 usd?? (don't know the exact price) but that was for EMS so I'd imagine it'll be cheaper if it isn't EMS.

Edited by Jin

Oh! Just remembered - how much does shipping cost for 2 booster boxes on Amiami? (I usually get the cheapest tracked option). I figure that if I get series 1 box I may as well get it at the same time as series 4 comes out.

I bought 2 boxes from amiami and with 2 packs of plastics it ran me $120.

At 1st buying boxes is good when you have nothing. But as you get doubles; You'll want to trade or sell to buy more boxes or individual cards.

Thats how I see it, unless a good trade comes up but that's based on opinion.

So I say buy boxes (and plastics since amiami charges like $5 while on ebay and amazon they're 15-20) and trade/ sell the doubles until your collection is satisfying to you

SR prices taken from Amenitydream.com

Marth - 750 yen
Shiida - 3000 yen
Ogma - 550 yen
Navarre - 1000 yen
Tiki - 2400 yen
Camus - 300 yen
Chrom - 800 yen
Lucina - 1800 yen
Gaius - 500 yen
Cordelia - 3000 yen
Tharja - 1600 yen
Owain - 600 yen

= Average of about 1358 yen a SR
4 SRs in a box = 5433 average SR value from a box. Assuming each SR is distributed at an equal to the other SRs, of course.

So buying a box is statistically worth it (using these prices anyway, it's likely you'll be able to find individual sellers that sell the card for cheaper than the site). This calculation doesn't include Rs (Nowi is a R worth just about as much as the lower SRs) and the small chance of getting an SR+ either, which pays you half the box back at least if you can sell it. It also doesn't include shipping costs on either side.

Just buy boxes unless you only want 1-4 specific SRs cards and nothing else from the set pretty much. Plus buying a box from amiami is just way less hassle.

Thanks everyone for all your help! I will be getting boxes in mid March.

Truth is that I'm only really interested in 3 of the SR cards, but they are among the most expensive, plus I could not trade due to lack of my own SR.

Ugh. Just checked the conversion rate for yen to cad. $60. I remember last year when 5000¥ = $50 CAD.

Edited by wumples

Just looked into this on Amiami since I think the cards look good.

I would be best off buying the 16 pack boxes right? Also, what is the "box purchase bonus" mentioned?

At last, where can I find the list of what cards are included where? (The last question is just me being lazy, sorry.)

Thanks for your answers in advance ^^

Edit: Just saw some things had a "download number" too, what would that be?

Edited by Ultros

Just looked into this on Amiami since I think the cards look good.

I would be best off buying the 16 pack boxes right? Also, what is the "box purchase bonus" mentioned?

At last, where can I find the list of what cards are included where? (The last question is just me being lazy, sorry.)

Thanks for your answers in advance ^^

Edit: Just saw some things had a "download number" too, what would that be?

When you buy a whole sealed box, it comes with a promo card (one of 2) and a dlc code for Fire Emblem if( It's region locked though so japan only).

To answer your 1st question. So far Amiami is the cheapest site for boxes. On average a box is at most 50 after shipping expenses. Amazon and ebay are gonna charge you atleast 60 unless you're lucky.

Amiami is consistently better.

Edited by Omegaweapon