Nohr/Hoshido Pairing Advice??

Soonaynay

Pretty self-explanatory, but any help with the following pairings would be extremely helpful! I've organized them according to how confident I feel about them, meaning I'm pretty set on the beginning pairings, but could use a lot of help towards the bottom of the lists. Thanks in advance!

Nohr:

Xander x Kamui (unchangeable)

Leo x Nyx

Odin x Elise

Zero x Camilla

Flannel x Azura (thought Azura could use the defensive support bonus, plus their kids should be pretty great?)

Lazward x Charlotte (like this one for the supports/personality more tbh)

Kaze x Mozume

Silas x Effie

Arthur x Berka

Benoit x Pieri

Jacob x Felicia (basically the leftovers, but don't their modifiers clash?)

(Luna is alone, mostly because I dislike her personality)

Hoshido: (much more unsure about this list; a lot can be switched around)

Jacob x Kamui (can marry Kaze, Subaki, or Takumi instead if optimization deems it necessary)

Ryoma x Kagerou

Takumi x Oboro (vassal-lord love)

Subaki x Hinoka (red-haired Matoi yes)

Hinata x Setsuna (balance out Hinata's terrible speed, and vice versa for Setsuna's paltry defense/strength?)

~Yomi x Sakura

~Saizou x Felicia (~=magic moms can be switched around)

~Asama x Orochi

Kaze x Hana (I want to avoid doing the same pairings as in Nohr, so if Mozume-Kaze before, none of that now)

Silas x Mozume

Nishiki x Azura

(Rinkah is alone, mostly cause I heard she's a subpar unit)

Edited by Soonaynay

Assuming this is for main game wise

Nohr:

Xander x Kamui (unchangeable) If she is in a class that gives +Spd then it will be pretty good

Leo x Nyx works

Odin x Elise Works, though will take quite awhile to pair since Elise is a staff bot

Zero x Camilla Pretty good

Flannel x Azura (thought Azura could use the defensive support bonus, plus their kids should be pretty great?) Azura doesn't really need defensive bonuses since she should never really be in a position where she is attacked. The resulting Shigure will be really great, though Velour will take a pretty big hit to her bulk

Lazward x Charlotte (like this one for the supports/personality more tbh) Works

Kaze x Mozume They don't really help each other at all. The resulting Midoriko would be really good though

Silas x Effie Works

Arthur x Berka Good for Beruka, meh for Arthur and Lutz

Benoit x Pieri Benoit and Ignis get basically nothing, but Pieri really likes this pairing

Jacob x Felicia (basically the leftovers, but don't their modifiers clash?) Pretty terrible pairing

(Luna is alone, mostly because I dislike her personality)

Hoshido: (much more unsure about this list; a lot can be switched around)

Jacob x Kamui (can marry Kaze, Subaki, or Takumi instead if optimization deems it necessary) One of the best pairings

Ryoma x Kagerou Best pairing

Takumi x Oboro (vassal-lord love) Aight pairing

Subaki x Hinoka (red-haired Matoi yes) Hinoka gets nothing and Baki doesn't get any benefits for awhile. Meh pairing

Hinata x Setsuna (balance out Hinata's terrible speed, and vice versa for Setsuna's paltry defense/strength?) One of Hinata's best options

~Yomi x Sakura Best pairing

~Saizou x Felicia (~=magic moms can be switched around) Saizou does like the initial speed boost. Grey and Felicia don't like it to much

~Asama x Orochi Works out I guess. Asama is weird

Kaze x Hana (I want to avoid doing the same pairings as in Nohr, so if Mozume-Kaze before, none of that now) Neither unit gets much benefit from this

Silas x Mozume Silas doesn't get much out of this. Mozu gets cav which is great and the Sophie will be pretty great.

Nishiki x Azura No benefit at all to anyone involved really.

(Rinkah is alone, mostly cause I heard she's a subpar unit)

Responses in bold

Any suggestions to how I can improve the Kaze x Mozume, Arthur x Beruka, Benoit x Pieri, Jakob x Felicia pairings? Will switching Beruka with Pieri help Lutz at all? And where can I put Felicia?

Would Saizou x Orochi and Asama x Felicia work out better? And who should I pair Azura with?

Any suggestions to how I can improve the Kaze x Mozume, Arthur x Beruka, Benoit x Pieri, Jakob x Felicia pairings? Will switching Beruka with Pieri help Lutz at all? And where can I put Felicia?

Would Saizou x Orochi and Asama x Felicia work out better? And who should I pair Azura with?

Switching Pieri and Beruka would improve it. Kaze would like Effie/Camilla/Beruka/Pieri. Only Odin, Leo and Corrin like Felicia pairings other wise she doesn't help out much.

Switching Orochi and Felicia around is till the same problem.

You aren't going to be getting all the kids in normal run anyways without grinding so you don't need to focus on getting absolutely everyone optimal(which is pretty hard to do with everyone)

Subaki x Hinoka (red-haired Matoi yes) Hinoka gets nothing and Baki doesn't get any benefits for awhile. Meh pairing

But it gives a stronk Matoi tho

Oboro gives basically the same Matoi and helps Baki out immediately and Baki helps her out as well. Hinoka doesn't want anything to do with Baki anyways and there are better options for Baki and Matoi.

Assuming this is for main game wise

Responses in bold

Can you explain why JacobxFelicia is bad? i mean thier stat clash is that devastating for Deere?

Jakob and Felicia have pretty polar availability so getting them paired up isn't really happening until really late in the game. Not to mention both are support units. Dia is fine, just the everything before getting him is the part that makes the pairing really bad.

Edited by Shephen

Jakob and Felicia have pretty polar availability so getting them paired up isn't really happening until really late in the game. Not to mention both are support units. Dia is fine, just getting to him is the part that makes the pairing really bad.

I see the point now, just thought if thier stat clash can destroy him lol

thanks for the answer. :P

But it gives a stronk Matoi tho

Hinoka gets infamous Samurai, Baki and Matoi gets Lance Fighter for Lancefaire, Breaking Sky and Flamboyant.. I think it's a pretty big thing.

Hinoka gets infamous Samurai, Baki and Matoi gets Lance Fighter for Lancefaire, Breaking Sky and Flamboyant.. I think it's a pretty big thing.

Erm, personally, Flamboyant sounds pretty underwhelming for a level 15 skill, on top of what Shephen said...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Hinoka doesn't want Samurai. She has everything she needs in the Peg Line and Lancer line except the cavalier stuff and like Mag +2 from Spell Casters. Lancefaire and Flamboyant come really late and aren't really worth mentioning(Flamboyant isn't even a good main game skill).

Edited by Shephen

Jakob and Felicia have pretty polar availability so getting them paired up isn't really happening until really late in the game. Not to mention both are support units. Dia is fine, just the everything before getting him is the part that makes the pairing really bad.

How late does the second servant come again anyway?

(again shep the mvp when it comes to pairings)

Second Servant joins at the end of chapter 15 in all the routes. Second joining Jakob is pretty bad, and Second joining Felicia is a pretty good staff bot. Both don't lend well to pairing up.

A little bit of advice. For Kaze, you need to pair someone with high Speed AND Luck to fully benefit Midoriko. Even better the mother has access to Luck scaling skills like Stubbornness, Smithy Skill, Draconic Shield, and Miracle are useful skills that Midoriko should access. Kaze x Mozu isn't an ideal pairing since many of the skills Mozu has access too is accessible to Midoriko herself (since she can naturally access the Great Merchant class like Mozu, and can obtain Line of Death from inheritance from her father). Getting access to the Hoshido skill and Flamboyant is also useful for Midoriko

Some of the good pairing examples include Azura (naturally high speed and luck growths, and can pass down Luck +4), Felicia (also have high luck and speed growths, and can reclass into Hero class to gain access to Stubbornness for Midoriko to gain via inheritance), Oboro (reasonable speed and luck growths), Hinoka (same reason for Oboro), Charlotte (her Str+ bonus really help negate the -Str Midoriko get screwed over by Kaze), Sakura (arguable one of the best options since Midoriko can grab Miracle there), Elise (if you want to make Midoriko a magic user or a candidate for Explosive Shuriken Maid), and Elfie (same reasons why Charlotte is a good option).

Anyways, here are some of my suggested pairing for each route, I'm hoping for feedback and see if this is any better from the OP:

Birthright:
Kaze x Avatar with Luck+ modifier and Oni Savage secondary class
Saizou x Mozu
Asama x Oboro
Ryouma x Kagerou (this one I agree with)
Takumi x Hana
Hinata x Setsuna (also agree with this one)
Tsukuyomi x Orochi
Jakob x Azura
Subaki x Rinkah
Silas x Sakura
Nishiki x Felicia

Conquest:
Xander x Charlotte
Niles x Azura
Leo x Nyx (this one I agree with)
Benolt x Beruka
Silas x Mozu
Odin x Elise (also agree with this one)
Kaze x Felicia
Flannel x Pieri
Arthur x Elfie
Jakob x Avatar with Strength+
Lazward x Camilia

Revelations route is a little trickier since there is more pairing options between Nohr/Hoshido characters, so I'll do a list of recommended pairings in another post.

Hinoka doesn't want Samurai. She has everything she needs in the Peg Line and Lancer line except the cavalier stuff and like Mag +2 from Spell Casters. Lancefaire and Flamboyant come really late and aren't really worth mentioning(Flamboyant isn't even a good main game skill).

Flamboyant is actually quite good on Midoriko though. :|

Edited by Dark Paladin X

even if Lancefaire/Flamboyant are pretty late, Breaking Sky is still plenty big. and also saying Hinoka gets nothing vs gets something she doesn't necessarily need is completely different

Flamboyant is actually quite good on Midoriko though. :|

On what account? Because even if it was true, I'd be extremely hesitant to use a skill that obviously helps the enemy out more than it does the player.

On what account? Because even if it was true, I'd be extremely hesitant to use a skill that obviously helps the enemy out more than it does the player.

Midoriko's passive Lucky Charm increases Luck% skills by 20%. Combine that with Flamboyant and the Hoshido skill and something like Miracle, you're going to have a Midoriko that is hard to kill. Or get something like Extravagence, Line of Death, and Easy Life, you'll have a Midoriko that does tons of damage.

Midoriko's passive Lucky Charm increases Luck% skills by 20%. Combine that with Flamboyant and the Hoshido skill and something like Miracle, you're going to have a Midoriko that is hard to kill. Or get something like Extravagence, Line of Death, and Easy Life, you'll have a Midoriko that does tons of damage.

I thought Flamboyant only worked during battle? That'd mean it wouldn't help with stuff like Easy Life.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

According to Fire Emblem wiki, it does.

Well, either way, Miracle, Kaze's personal, and Draconic Shield are the most useful of all the skills with an activation rate based on luck... Not that that's saying very much.

For Kaze x Felicia, the speed and luck sounds really good, but doesn't Midoriko get strength screwed? Would you be running a magic Midoriko instead??

Pretty much in some degree yeah. The strength doesn't matter since she does make a good Explosive Shuriken Maid. Also, Midoriko can get Stubbornness from inheritance via her mother, Felicia (and if you manage to get Renewal via Logbooking, this will make a nice combination).

Also, IIRC, Midoriko will end up having around 22.5% ish growth rate in her Strength, combine that with Great Merchant's strength growth and later reclass her into a Maid once you max her strength, she should be a reasonable hybrid unit.

But...for the most part, Midoriko should mostly be treated as a utility unit rather than an offensive unit since most of the Luck% skills are utility based.

• 1 month later...