Who is the most OP unit in Fire Emblem History

Locke087

I want to say Haar, because he easily outshines every unit and him being able to fly makes every chapter in the swamp or desert rather easy. The only time he isn't that good is in the endgame, but no unit is really worth it in the endgame thanks to the presence of Naesala, Tibarn, Giffca, etc.

Now that I think about it though, for every chapter he shows up in, even as an NPC, Tibarn is pretty OP. If you don't take availability into consideration, I think he's easily the most powerful unit in Fire Emblem.

Though I probably have to say Seth because, unlike Haar, and especially Tibarn, he is always present, always there to trivialize any chapter.

Units being able to solo has little impact on whether they are the best or not imo. FE9 Ike can solo and I think everyone understands now that he's not the best. Almost anyone can solo once they've gained sufficient EXP.

I agree with Horace that Seth and Sigurd are #1 and #2, at least when it comes to pre-FE12. Both Kris and Robin have a bigger impact on how hard the game is though...like, they make the highest difficulties so much more tolerable. FE4 doesn't even have a proper high difficulty and even though Sigurd-less FE4 is very tedius and he saves a lot of turns, it's not just Sigurd that makes that game so easy.

Seth actually kind of struggles come lategame

I guess you're referring to things like Lyon, Dracozombies, Gorgons, etc?

How about the Black Knight in FE10? I know his time one your squad is very limited, but if that isn't OP, I don't know what is. Seriously, He's a max level, end of game character that shows up to wreck people in the first part of the game. He's definitely way OP for when you have him... Although, so is Nailah the Wolf Queen. Both these characters come in at part 1 and can utterly obliterate any "opposition" aka wet paper units. For their timing and limited chapters, they are certainly very OP. But they aren't nearly as full-game OP as the other characters mentioned previously.

How about the Black Knight in FE10? I know his time one your squad is very limited, but if that isn't OP, I don't know what is. Seriously, He's a max level, end of game character that shows up to wreck people in the first part of the game. He's definitely way OP for when you have him... Although, so is Nailah the Wolf Queen. Both these characters come in at part 1 and can utterly obliterate any "opposition" aka wet paper units. For their timing and limited chapters, they are certainly very OP. But they aren't nearly as full-game OP as the other characters mentioned previously.

But of the chapters you get him in, one is a gimmick chapter, the other chapters he's literally an exp killer because nothing you put into him rewards you later on. I mentioned Tibarn earlier, that his availability sucks, but he does level up, he can support, rescue and fly, and you can bring him to the last chapters. With the Black Knight, you're just giving kills and exp to him that you'll never get back, it'd be like calling Orson a good unit to call him a good unit. I don't even think he'd be good for LTC.

Black Knight can do things in LTC if you ferry him. ORKOing things up a ledge is pretty useful on that map if you go through those.

EXP hogging doesn't exist. The Black Knight wouldn't be any better if he was L19. Sure, if he kills something, Jill and Nolan get nothing out of it...but the same goes for every other member of your cast.

Seth: Can solo pretty much most of FE8

Myrrh: Once leveled up, is pretty much unstoppable with 0 damage taken from enemies

Morgan: Robin+Waifu/Husbando. And Robin is already pretty OP so pair him/her up with someone and if that someone is powerful enough, that makes Morgan even more adaptable to any class than his/her mother/father.

Honorable mention: FE13 Tiki, FE10 Haar (haven't played but just from seeing people use him...)

When it comes to raw power, a notable example would be Katri from Tear Ring Saga. She can turn into the holy dragon Neuron who is literally invincible towards everything the enemy can throw at her (with a lot of munchkining, it's barely possible for the player to scratch a holy dragon) and she can deal 30 points of defense negating damage across a 3x3 area. So she can essentially kill up to 9 enemies with one single attack. If she isn't going Kaiju on her enemies, she is still a useful Staff user with the rare Summoning skill. And while she isn't around forever, she does stick around for far longer then the Black Knight does in Radiant Dawn, probably for at least half of Holmes' route.

Edited by BrightBow

Merlinus, easily:

- He has the dodging tent of doom

- He's one of the few characters in Fire Emblem that can carry up to 105 weapons. Seriously, do you want to even go up against anyone carrying that many weapons?

- He has the most constitution of any Fire Emblem character in the series history

- He can't die, no matter how many times you stick him in harms way. He'll just laugh off his "death" and run away with all his goods and wares, no matter who or what it is that kills him

- His FE6 incarnation is arguably the hardest character to level up in FE history, which shows just how powerful he is and how hard it is for him to improve upon his perfection

- When normal people in tents get hit by lightning, they suffer serious burns and even death. When Merlinus gets hit by lightning, he harnesses the electrical power to turn it into a horse and uses the leftover power from the lightning bolt to reform his tent into a wagon.

In all seriousness though, my vote goes to Seth for being a powerful unit with strong bases and decent growths that's available for the entire span of FE8 (barring Chapter 5x, since that chapter forces a brand new team on you just for one chapter).

Edited by Randoman

I think Shanan would be a good contender. Unless you have Holsety Arthur he will be the first holy weapon user you get and from that point on he can just slaughter everything that comes at him without worry. I think he doesn't even need the Balmung to do that, a steel sword doesn't make him any less of a killing machine.

When fighting the early holy weapon bosses he's not having a hard time either. I found that he regularly trashes Blume and Ishtar when you send him after them.

Shanan starts out very strong, joins earlier than Sety and he's still useful in later points of the game.

I don't get why Seth it getting a lot of votes, really anyone can solo the faceroll-fest that is Sacred Stones, I soloed "hard" mode using only Lute without EXP grinding in the map/tower.

In battle Julius, Alter his stats to "fit" in another universe (So like in Radiant Dawn his stats would be in the 35-40 range instead of 25-30) and he can solo basically any game. The only opposition would be...

Gharnef (But he also wouldn't deal any damage either)

Julia (Obviously)

This is under the assumption Loptyr is "blessed" (As Loptyr is a god himself) and can hit Ashnard, Black Knight, Dheginsea, Sephiran, and Ashea otherwise they would be immune.

But for player characters probably Sigurd who can trash the entire generation solo and gets the OP as hell Tyrfing.

But of the chapters you get him in, one is a gimmick chapter, the other chapters he's literally an exp killer because nothing you put into him rewards you later on. I mentioned Tibarn earlier, that his availability sucks, but he does level up, he can support, rescue and fly, and you can bring him to the last chapters. With the Black Knight, you're just giving kills and exp to him that you'll never get back, it'd be like calling Orson a good unit to call him a good unit. I don't even think he'd be good for LTC.

I never said he was a good unit or that it helps you throughout the game; I was simply stating that is he very Over-Powered compared to both your units and the enemies at that time. I mean, he's even pretty strong at the end compared to most units. Anyway, he is certainly an OP, which is the point of the thread correct? It's not best for LTC or best throughout the game, it's simple most OP unit.

Yeah I'm gonna say Robin. S/He's just overpowered in every sense of the word except initially starting off. But seriously, they have access to every class, can level up faster than everyone else, have the ability to obtain nearly every skill in the entire game, can specialize in anything... Robin would turn the highest difficulty of nearly any other game in the series into a joke.