Birdz's Spritestuff

birdzgoboom

Hihi!

I do most of my spriting just for fun when I have free time. I don't have many to post right now and pretty much all of these are a year old or so, but I figured it would be best to start a thread up to get things going and to help calm my nervousness

Game-y stuff:

[spoiler=Busts]

Roy's from about a year ago... Sigurd/Eldigan too, but I just recently poked them both.

Everything is from scratch... I'm not using any particular FE palette, though, just my own palettes.

Roy

7w834WT.png

Eldigan

E9L1A2q.png

Sigurd

nIDFFhj.png

Quan

UKJYWpg.png

[spoiler=Animated]

[spoiler=wip stuff]

Manakete Roy

97hpvD2.gif

[spoiler= old stuff]

Roy Attack

roy-stuff.gif

Not game-y stuff:

[spoiler=Random FE Sprites]

[spoiler=More Roy oh boy]

16 colours, I did this for some Smashboards friends since we were hoping for Roy.

RIDE-THE-FIRE%20both.png

Working on something for Gaiden right now, but it's really big so I don't want to post it yet.

[spoiler=Random Non-FE Sprites]

[spoiler=FF2 Mateus]

16 colours... why...;;

emperor%20mateus%20sprite.png

And also, if anyone wants to have small FE characters in their sigs, I've been making small FE sprites that you're welcome to crop out a character you want/put them in your sig, the only thing I ask is some small credit text somewhere in your sig...
Originally I was just going to do main characters first, but two of my friends asked for Henry and Frederick, so I ended up making them too ;-; Next on my list of characters to do are Lyn/Hector, so Eliwood isn't all alone. If there's a character you want to see, you can post that suggestion too, so I can gauge character interest...!

[spoiler=Smol FE!]

fire%20emblem.png

Thank you for looking!!

Edited by birdzgoboom

Wow, when you say in your intro that you like making Pixel Art you should have mentioned that you're good at it.

Because those Pixel Arts are really great! Good work!

As for the Sprite of Roy. I really like his Cape's movement.

Again, you did an amazing job. Keep up the good work.

Ahhh man that's really awesome work! Particularly the detail in those full bodies and your palettes <3

(just in case) Have you heard of the Scribbles contest SF is running? (plug) This stuff would look great there and they've got prizes~ :D

Edited by Lenh

Oh, wow, thank you, you guys!! ;-; That really means a lot...

Lenh, I saw the Scribbles contest the other day! If I can get something done before the 2nd, I will totally enter! I just have to choose between two things I'm making and it's a difficult choice... ;v;

Sweet style! Looks great, no awesome is the word I am thinking of. This is one of the greatest sprites I have seen yet. The small words that are in the start of the first post feels like a self narration or play action, do you really do what is in that small text at the start? Jokes aside, great design and if you enter the contest, you got my support because I support my friends. Yeah, I am an Ike nerd..... Good luck in your future stuff! :D

Edited by Radiance

You. I like your style. Roy's animation is oddly cute.

Oh! You! I love your work too! Thanks for the compliment :)

Sweet style! Looks great, no awesome is the word I am thinking of. This is one of the greatest sprites I have seen yet. The small words that are in the start of the first post feels like a self narration or play action, do you really do what is in that small text at the start? Jokes aside, great design and if you enter the contest, you got my support because I support my friends. Yeah, I am an Ike nerd..... Good luck in your future stuff! :D

Thanks a bunch! I, uh, yeah. I've got pretty bad anxiety around new people and places, so those little blurbs help me get out my jitters... I'll get over it soon enough. x'D

> cruddy

gtfo

i cannot gtfo until Quan and Finn are a thing

Your style is fantastic! The Smash Roy one is just so dynamic and well put together. That little animation is really well done, too! I look forward to seeing more of your works :3

Thanks!!

can you make a smol sprite of marth in ssb melee and brawl?

Yeah, I can make him when I make Lyn and Hector. :)

----

Anyway, I've been doing something... basically if Roy was even cooler and could do cool manakete things thanks to Ninian:

ke7dGWD.gif

rip in pieces zephiel

It's... not done, but I'm pretty happy with it so far so i figured it was worth posting vv" His design is a mix of an Ice Dragon, manaketes from Awakening (I liked the wings on those), Roy's Awakening design/colours to go with the other sprites I have of him, and some SoS influence-- specifically like from

[spoiler= hasha no tsurugi spoilers]

Hasha no Tsurugi, where the SoS causes crystallization of dragons and it looks ultra cool. So there are lots of spikes.

Anyway, yeah. vv"

Looks awesome! But I don't know if it's just me, but when I look at it quickly I have trouble telling which part is which (head? shoulder? leg?). It's only after staring at it for a good three or four seconds that I can actually differentiate the parts. I wonder if there's much with the shading or palette you can change to make the parts more discernible?

I was wondering if I should poke that or not, so thanks for critting it. Hopefully this is better? If not, I can try poking it more, nbd.

PC0SSoW.png

and a wip thing I guess:

TxKM7sk.gif

small people turning into big dragons, why

Heh thats fine. It doesnt bother me if the small words are there. Its cool that you post to calm your anxiety. Btw that's too OP with the transformation. Must have Ninian blood idk. Animation is really fast as well.

Edited by Radiance

fffff hnnnghhhh thanksguys ;; I don't know what to say...

97hpvD2.gif

Updates to the manakete stuff...

Didn't like how the old still pose looked from the opposite direction/other reasons, so I moved the head down/changed it a lil. Made the transformation shorter. Still need to do a reverting animation and figure out the breath attack (amongst other pokes), but yeah... slowly getting there... x'D

eta: oh yeah. The gif is transformation, pause, attack, pause, closes mouth/end attack. (not looking forward to doing the reverting animation :C rip.)

As for the Ninian thing, yeah basically. I like to have fun with my headcanons... ;I

DH: An animation package? I might just make another manakete or two later and do that for those (like an Ice Dragon or something canon since those are actually relevant and people might have use for them), since this Roy one is pretty character-specific andImightwanttouseiteventuallyforsomething... is that ok? ;-;

Edited by birdzgoboom

So im in here going "oh look a noob. Noobishness ensues!" and lo, what dost i seeth before mine eyes? BOMB ASS SPRITES. And freaking Roy transforming into a durgin.

Dang, brah. Youse got gud. I take it Roy is your favorite character?

Man i cant wait to see Durgin Roy's attack flame animation!

So im in here going "oh look a noob. Noobishness ensues!" and lo, what dost i seeth before mine eyes? BOMB ASS SPRITES. And freaking Roy transforming into a durgin.

Dang, brah. Youse got gud. I take it Roy is your favorite character?

Man i cant wait to see Durgin Roy's attack flame animation!

I would be a liar if I said I haven't made sprites for a while now outside of SF, haha. ;v;" Thank you!

You'd think Roy is my favourite with how often I end up making stuff of him, but.. I'm actually pretty partial to Eldigan and Soren before Roy ;--;

Damn son, those are some awesome sprites. Specially the dragon roy, which i will take as confirmation to my EliwoodxNinian ship.

best ship.

The Awakening design is awesome. I wished they used that for Smash. I really like the design. The current one is good as well but I like the other more

I really like his Awakening design too, and his artist is one of my favourites so that's just double great. Smash Bros Roy got super tough though so I like them both :'D he must've hung out with Ike for a while before Sm4sh.

--

read the manga in gekka ginyu again and this comedy doujin and got inspired to get off my butt and fix Eldigan/Sigurd as well as actually make Quan:

E9L1A2q.pngnIDFFhj.pngUKJYWpg.png

Sigurd looks closer to his FE4 sprite pose now... and Quan went through a wardrobe change, kind of. Hopefully they look OK.

And a snippit/portion of the Gaiden thing I am working on, originally I wanted to get it done for Scribbles but it was just too big to get it done on time:

[spoiler=big]

Utp7UOU.png

doma has an ugly mug but I still love him

I'm going to try to figure out the last of the roydragon animation stuff soon... hhghhhgh. _(:'3 」∠)_

Your larger sprite works are really quite awesome. I love the detailing on Doma so far, and Celica and Alm both look great so far too. (especially like Celica's hair) Only thing I really notice is Alm's face doesn't look quite right to me, like his mouth doesn't match the intensity of his eyes. Looks amazing so far!

I fucking love you. I love you so fucking much. You are my favorite.

well goodness ilu too thank you

Your larger sprite works are really quite awesome. I love the detailing on Doma so far, and Celica and Alm both look great so far too. (especially like Celica's hair) Only thing I really notice is Alm's face doesn't look quite right to me, like his mouth doesn't match the intensity of his eyes. Looks amazing so far!

Thanks a bunch :D! And thank you for the critique, also-- I wasn't quite happy with his mouth either for some reason so I'm glad you pointed it out too.

vD3nkZR.png

Maybe improvement in mouth shape?

[Alm continues to yell angrily into the void "where is my remake"]