Fire Emblem Custom Chapter Randomizer

MarkyJoe1990

I haven't seen any randomizers that change level design and events, so... how's about I drop this little buddy here, stir up some interest, and hopefully get help and support on it, eh?

Unexciting%20Screenshot.png

What the hell is this and what does it do?

It's an FE7 Chapter randomizer. It generates custom maps and events, inserts them into your FE7 rom, and then you can play the maps.

The randomizer currently goes all the way up to the end of Lyn mode. Eliwood and Hector mode are completely unchanged. All chapters are beatable.

What are the features?

Well, while it doesn't generate map files, it DOES generate all of the event data it uses in the game, which you can modify to your hearts content and re-insert into the game.

It also allows you to designate a randomizer seed, which it then saves into a TXT file so you can send it to your friends, or write up your own list of seeds that you like.

Right now, the chapters are extremely simple and lame. They're all seize missions, you're Lyn, and the one enemy you fight is Batta, who sits on every throne. I want to change this in the future.

What stuff do you want to implement?

- Properly functioning everything, including usage of more tilesets, difficulty scaling, balancing, mission objectives, units, etc.

- I want the player to have a custom lord whose class they determine.

- I want to make the game start in Hector Hard Mode, so that I can use HHM bonus levels to properly scale enemy difficulty.

- I need to find a way to randomly generate a square reserved for "player units", then form a randomly generated path from there to the throne, which I'll use to tell the program "NEVER place non-traversable tiles here" so maps are always beatable.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Download

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

XuV2Rjk.png

I found a glitch.

Aside from that it looks interesting, in the future, maybe someone could randomize maps and make it compatible with Otaku's randomizer. That would be awesome.

I tested it just now and it worked fine.

Did you execute "FE Chapter Randomizer.py?"

Afterwards, did you assemble the "AssembleAll.txt" events into your ROM?

Do you have python 3.x installed?

Yes, I do, I seriously don't know what happened.

Here's the ups patch just in case you want it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4gt519qahi5ouqb/

That glitch screenshot reminds me of Glitch Rath. lol

Did I do something wrong? I downloaded Python 3.4, then done everything I needed to do step by step with the readme file. (yes, after cropping I pressed enter :P) Then I opened the Event Assembler, done everything I needed to do, but after that, this popped up:

Finished.

2 errors encountered:
File: AssembleAll.txt, Line: 2: File EAstdlib.event not found.: #include EAstdlib.event
File AssembleAll.txt, Line 4, Column 22: Didn't reach end, currently at Comma(,)
No data written to output.
Please give a tutorial video for idiots. :D
Edited by Glacoe

The first issue is caused by EAstdlib.event not being found. Assuming you have the event assembler and didn't move it from its native folder, you shouldn't have that problem.

The second problem, you'll need to send me your AssembleAll.txt so I can look at it.