What Difficulty do you think you'll pick for your first playthrough?

Avalanche

Exactly what it says on the tin. I'm curious what difficulty people here want to start Fates on. Personally, I'm pretty set on Hoshido Hard/Classic, but I'm not entirely sure about Nohr and Revelation.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I am doing Nohr I will likely go Normal first so I can see the maps, get used to all the new features, etc. Second play through will be hard, and then the last being lunatic. Though I will probably have at least 6 playthroughs on each version. This game is going to provide me with a solid 2 years worth of entertainment or more. One of the reasons I am looking so forward to this.

An unpopular decision but I'm going to do Normal/Casual like I did with Awakening. I like to enjoy the story and all the new characters first without having to reset all the time to save characters from permadeath. I might switch to something harder later.

I want to try one playthrough of each on Normal/Casual and then Hard/Classic, and after that I will probably be support grinding to fill out the support log so a lot of Revelations playthroughs on Normal/Phoenix for that. Possibly Lunatic at some point? I'm not sure, I never managed to get past Awakening chapter 4 on Lunatic, so if I feel up for the challenge, sure.

Im starting with nohr so ill probably do hard-classic, when I do hoshido hard-classic or lunatic-classic, revelations either normal-classic or hard-classic depending on whether it is too hard or not.

Hoshido Hard/Classic will be the first... Revelations same maybe, and I'm not sure for Nohr, maybe Normal-Classic? I don't know how difficult is Nohr Hard, so... IDK for it, but Hoshido is 100% to be in hard mode

I haven't played Fates yet (actually waited :c ) But I kinda just kept the difficulty around Hard. Couple normal & 1 or 2 Lunatic. But Hard is my range. It was when I started Fire Emblem with Awakening, & I will stay that way.

On all routes, probably Normal/Casual. That's what I did with Awakening, so I'll probably follow up on that. If I work up the nerve, though, I may try Normal/Classic ouo

I have never done Classic (except for when my mom bought me some of the previous games after I enjoyed Awakening so much)

But for one of my Nohr routes (My Lucy(fer) one) she will be Classic. But she'll probably be Normal; Hard at most. If I went Lunatic/Classic, it'd be suicide for me.