What Difficulty do you think you'll pick for your first playthrough?

Avalanche

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was originally going to do conquest/normal/classic for my first run however I decided that it might be more rewarding to make the first playthrough hard instead so now conquest/hard/classic

I've been around for a while, and I'll go Casual once I'm more familiar with the game. It seems a little backwards, but that's because Casual features battle saves, and if this game is anything like Awakening, the RNG state is preserved when a battle save is created.

In other words, it's great if you want to manipulate certain RNG events. I don't know if full RNG manipulation is possible (a la the GBA games), but having some sort of control over what happens, and when, is better than nothing.

Whether my units die or not is irrelevant.

In Awakening, I've saved before a battle and reset when the RNG didn't roll very well.

I made the exact same movements, and the exact same results happened (a Paladin with a 52% hit chance hit and a 60% chance dual strike didn't proc).

I think GBA level of manipulation may be possible.

Hard/Classic to start out, learn the system and understand the maps, character spreads, etc.

Then, full on Lunatic so I can get that Lunatic+ unlocked asap.

Lunatic+ isn't in Fates. 'u'

And to answer OP's question, I picked Normal/Classic for my first playthrough.

Edited by Matt-hue

In Awakening, I've saved before a battle and reset when the RNG didn't roll very well.

I made the exact same movements, and the exact same results happened (a Paladin with a 52% hit chance hit and a 60% chance dual strike didn't proc).

I think GBA level of manipulation may be possible.

When the RNG state is preserved, it means that doing the exact same actions will cause the exact same result to happen. With the GBA games, it was possible to burn numbers, which caused a different outcome to occur after doing the same sequence of actions.

Probably not the reason why most people would choose Casual, but it should be taken into consideration! One day, I'll get my wish of perma-death and battle saves in the same mode (besides RD).

I'm Normal/Casual. I might try Hard mode if I have the guts, but still sticking to Casual. From what I've read, perma-death is the main caveat of Fire Emblem and I don't want to get frustrated losing my important units and have to reset repeatedly.

I'm not entirely sure. I'm thinking Normal/Classic throughout one of my playthroughs. When I did Awakening, I played Normal/Casual for the story, but I kind of want to get back into doing the permadeath adrenaline surge. XD

My playing order is Birthright -> Conquest -> Revelations. (Also kind of lines up with the current "recurring worlds theory" I've got going on with my group of friends.) I think I'll be on Classic/Hard for the entirety. Maybe. -chuckle- I want to be able to have the entire support log done by my sixth playthrough (I'm doing two simultaneous runs per title, one male, one female.), but I might need to throw the difficulty down to Normal because Conquest might potentially give me trouble without the DLC to help with grinding up support points... and because I don't have constant WiFi access, or friends in the city with the game, I can't count on My Castle battles, either. I have a feeling I might end up doing most of my Nohrian support logs in Revelation.

I do however figure if I go in on Hard mode, I can't say I know any other difficulty, and therefore the game won't feel as challenging as if I started on Normal and then went to Hard. I did the same thing in Kingdom Hearts. It's a fun self-induced trauma conga line when you know you're setting yourself up from challenges right from the get go rather than building up slowly.