What Difficulty do you think you'll pick for your first playthrough?

Avalanche

Well, because I already have the Japanese version of the Hoshido path and Invisible Kingdom/Revelations and I have played them on Normal/Casual and Hard/Casual I'll probably play the English version of Birthright on Hard/Classic and/or Lunatic/Casual, Revelations on Hard/Classic and/or Lunatic/Casual and Conquest on Hard/Casual and/or Normal/Classic.

(And I might try Birthright on Lunatic/Classic... I'm so doomed x'D)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, Ephraim Hard Mode? Are you sure? That's pretty upsetting.

The person I talked to did say she hasn't played FE8 in a while and her skill level then could've been reflective of the difficulty she preceived EphHM to be. A couple of other responses I found from various players similar (maybe better) at my level said PoRHM as well.

Lunatic overall isn't as hard as Awakening's both Hoshi and Nohr from what I've heard.

I'm probably going to go with normal/casual for my first run throughs, because it's easier for me to get embroiled in the story if I don't have to worry so much about my characters actually dying. Past that, I'll probably do normal/classic, hard/casual, and hard/classic for all stories at some point, then I'll probably do whatever mode I feel like doing in order to fulfill my completionist desire to get all he supports like I did in Awakening (Apart from MU, because a lot of those were duplicates. -_-). I might do a Phoenix run through just so I can be amused at playing what will eventually feel like a zombie run. Just to know how it would feel to throw one character out that's just strong enough to deal damage, but not significant amounts, and have them pop up every second round often enough to massacre all these enemies. XD

I think i go for classic and normal for my first replay the Hoshido story. I already complete the game in Japanese and here i "force" to go with easy mode with the phoenix mode. Becouse my japanese is MUCH worst them my english so....yeah amazing paly some map and not know what i have to do (only in Nohor to be right). When the game come in italy i play with the perma-death (classic) with no exscuse. Maybe i can try play the third path in Lunatic/Classic.

The person I talked to did say she hasn't played FE8 in a while and her skill level then could've been reflective of the difficulty she preceived EphHM to be. A couple of other responses I found from various players similar (maybe better) at my level said PoRHM as well.

Lunatic overall isn't as hard as Awakening's both Hoshi and Nohr from what I've heard.

Huh thanks for the info. I found Ephraim HM really easy (except The Ghost Ship level). Awakening Lunatic was easy (except Chapter 2 and 5 ofc). PORHM is easy too, BEXP is a thing. I guess I'll start with Lunatic for all 3 then. After that, I guess I'll do challenge runs like No Royals or do PMU's.

Edit: I recall someone saying Nohr Lunatic was about as hard as HHM. HHM is a pretty nice difficulty.

Edited by OurBoyRoy

Normal/Casual first for all routes, then probably Hard/Lunatic casual and then Hard/Lunatic classic. One of the things that really upped Awakening's replay value for me was being thrown off by the growing difficulty curve and having to drop and figure out new strategies.

Still haven't gotten past ch.3 in Lunatic+ classic because of that ahah;

I got very lucky during Christmas and ended up buying both hard copies (TAKE MY MONEY), plus Amazon will supposedly have it at my doorstep on the 19th. So long as Conquest shows up I'll be playing on Hard/Classic, after playing since Blazing Sword I just don't find Causal to be my thing. I may try out Birthright on Lunatic/Classic but we'll see. Awakening's Lunatic was enjoyable but it felt like I had a fatigue bar over my head and could only handle so many resets for different enemy skills and perma-deaths. Will probably do Lunatic with Conquest after my third play-through and I've seen Revelations.

Probably my first run of each route will be Normal/Classic.

Subsequent playthroughs may be bumped up to Hard/Classic if I found Normal too easy the first time around.

Much like in New Mystery and Awakening, I doubt I'm going to touch Casual mode. Or Phoenix mode, for that matter.

I'm not sure, I might pick hard/classic in Conquest and Revelation at first to get used to the gameplay changes. Or just shrug it and go Lunatic/Classic to get the generics more skills for the capture. We'll see once I have the game.

How is Lunatic in this game by the way?

I'm not sure, I might pick hard/classic in Conquest and Revelation at first to get used to the gameplay changes. Or just shrug it and go Lunatic/Classic to get the generics more skills for the capture. We'll see once I have the game.

How is Lunatic in this game by the way?

not that much different with Hard mode. and you get fixed level up stats in Lunatic.

I have already payed them all on Lunatic/Classic, but since I want to read dialogue and enjoy the story, I plan on playing Normal/Casual for my first runs of each route, then boosting up to Lunatic/Classic again.

All my runs will be on Classic. I've pre ordered Conquest and I kindaaa wanna try hard mode, but I should probably play it safe and stick to Normal, especially from what I've heard about the difficulty level on that route.

Normal/Casual for Nohr, and then Hard/Casual for Hoshido. I feel like people need to justify playing casual for whatever reason, but anyway I just want to experience the gameplay and story first without stressing over permadeath.

I've been around for a while, and I'll go Casual once I'm more familiar with the game. It seems a little backwards, but that's because Casual features battle saves, and if this game is anything like Awakening, the RNG state is preserved when a battle save is created.

In other words, it's great if you want to manipulate certain RNG events. I don't know if full RNG manipulation is possible (a la the GBA games), but having some sort of control over what happens, and when, is better than nothing.

Whether my units die or not is irrelevant.

Not sure how I feel about this. Awakening had the whole stat inflation thing going on, which meant that as long as your units had significantly bigger numbers than the enemies, it wasn't too bad on Lunatic. If Fates' Lunatic has things like more creative unit placement, I'll squee with glee.

. . .nah, I'll just stick to Hard/Classic for everything. The difficulty in the middle has always been my default, and I don't see why I'd want to change that here! Might do a Normal/Phoenix for giggles, though.