Vacation/sick day on February 19th?

Klytus

Taking the day off from work...I'm not going to get anything done when I know the Fates SE is waiting for me, and this way I'll get a few hours of gaming in before the kids get home from school. Anyone else have the luxury of doing this? It helps when I've got 20 vacation days to use up in a year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in grad school, what's a vacation

(also I get paid hourly at work since I'm still in school and isn't a full time worker so any hours I don't work cuts into my paycheck, rip)

Edited by Thor Odinson

I requested the day off over a MONTH in advance. Mentioned I was going to be visiting some people very important to me, which is true, seeing as a friend (if not more) intends to join me on the day of pickup.

Stupid high school gets in the way

And to make matters worse, my mom will probably have to do a lot of shopping

So after I get my precious SE, I'll have to shop with Mom before playing it (because I get motion sickness if I play in the car :c )

Good news is I'll have off work that day. Bad news(ish?) is that I'll be in Europe that day, so I'm having it shipped to my house so it's there when I get home

I've had to take a number of days off work already so that's not likely. But once I'm done for the day, I'm taking the bus straight to my Gamestop, throwing my money at the register while simultaneously grabbing my game, hauling off towards home and taking shelter in my room, charger plugged in, where I will not leave until someone comes upstairs to tell me that I "have a problem" and even then, I'm probably still not moving from that spot.

How does one "accidentally" buy too many copies?

Not taking the day off because work is more important. Worst case scenario, I'll get my friend whom I preordered the games with to pick up mine for me as well.

The Gameplanet store is 10 minutes away of my job so... I'll pick my copy in my way, and probably shout at all the students I need to attend... To give me some minutes because I will probably be playing in job hours

But still, I will go to the store 1 day before, just to make sure if they will give the game in the release day , as sometimes they receive the games days later and to see if I can pick up the game already to pick a prepaid e-shop card because of DLC

Definitely.

The good part about being in college is that teachers don't give a shit if you're absent, and I have good enough grades to skip for 1 day :D

Besides, somebody needs to be home for when UPS gets to my door, who better for that job than ME *dances histerically*

I'll try, but I've missed so many days already. Plus, its being shipped out instead of picked up, and I think our mail comes at like, ~3:30ish, and that's 10 minutes after I get out of school, sooo.. I hopefully don't have to!