Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Chapter 10/Birthright Chapter 13 GameXplain 20 Minute Footage

AbsoluteZer0Nova

I believe that Arthur's english VA is Xander Mobus, for those who don't know him, he is the voice of the announcer of Smash Bros for Wii U and 3ds.

Am I the only one who thinks it's awesome for Arthur may be voiced by the annoucer of Smash Bros?

It's not confirmed but it looks pretty likely.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.. there are already some pretty big dialogue changes. Just look at Takumi right here:

"Nohrians aren't like normal, decent people. They live for the thrill of battle. I shall delight putting those cowards in their place.[..] Agreed, It's never a good idea to underestimate ones enemies. I refuse to lose the Nohrians, especially with that traitor among their ranks. We must prevail for the sake of Hoshido and all that is good in the world!"

Meanwhile in the japanese version he says:

"An ambush, is it? Well, I expected no less of them.
We won’t run away with our tails between our legs. It’s what they want.[..] That’s right. But be on your guard. I don’t want to lose to that traitor… We will win. This is Hoshido’s justice."

I mean, the sessence of what he is saying is the same, but they are really making him sound much more openly racist towards Nohr. Now I won't deny that he has racist views towards Nohr, especialy when he is ranting at Kamui and Aqua in the beginning. But it feels really overdone and gratuitous in the English version.

I heard Nishiki and immediately thought "The Second coming of Teddie."

If it's not Dave Wittenberg or Sam Riegel, than I'm going to eat my socks.

At first I thought I was Sam Riegel, but his "Problem Solved" line didn't sound like him.

Edited by Water Mage

Ooh, I like seeing Takumi sound like that. I was afraid Hoshido would be portrayed as too goody goody. Both nations should have good points and bad points. Nohr being all for battle, violence, and conquest while Hoshido has some Nohr-hating racists works nicely for bad points.

Edited by Anacybele

Did anyone else hear Effie's voice in the second video that was posted. It sounded quite deep

You mean when she was dual striking with Beruka? Yeah, it did sound kinda deep. These voices will indeed take some getting used to (Beruka sounded so high pitched, esp. during that critical hit she got in the one vid). I do like Arthur's voice though, I will say that.

...And? It fits her tomboyish, big-sisterly character alright. It also helps that there's some actual emoting with her. Felicia just sounds bored outside of combat.

That's actually how I imagined Hinoka's voice sounding

SHE KINDA SOUNDS LIKE RAINBOW DASH!! I think I might like her.

yall have bad taste

See, I never liked the "scratchy cracking voice" for tomboys thing that seems to happen in media because to me it just sounds like they're recovering from a sore throat. I expected a more mature sounding voice. Not necessarily a deep voice, but one suited for a big sister.

Also to make this slightly more on topic, the voice clips of the different characters seem to differ in quality for me. Some lines sound great, some sound bad. This applies to most characters and I don't think I'm 100% satisfied with any of the voices though I do like Azura quite a bit.

Edited by Fuzzlekins

Ooh, I like seeing Takumi sound like that. I was afraid Hoshido would be portrayed as too goody goody. Both nations should have good points and bad points. Nohr being all for battle, violence, and conquest while Hoshido has some Nohr-hating racists works nicely for bad points.

Sorry, but making Takumi seem more bad isn't going to improve shit on Conquest. Takumi was already a deeply flawed character and arguably the most realistic Hoshidan. Making him more of an unreasonably racist scumbag isn't the solution. You aren't greying a white character, you are painting a grey one black. Takumi didn't need that treatment.

Sorry, but making Takumi seem more bad isn't going to improve shit on Conquest. Takumi was already a deeply flawed character and arguably the most realistic Hoshidan. Making him more of an unreasonably racist scumbag isn't the solution. You aren't greying a white character, you are painting a grey one black. Takumi didn't need that treatment.

Nohr already treats him like crap. It's really a slippery slope thing that can be blamed on

Anankos possesion

Each to their own then, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Wow, Felicia's voice. Hoo boy. Joker Master Race?

Other than that, pretty solid! I'm enjoying what I'm seeing and even though I own the game I'm still psyched to go through it again for the gameplay and the awful, awful story.

At first I thought I was Sam Riegel, but his "Problem Solved" line didn't sound like him.

Oddly enough, the first thing that came to my mind when I heard Nishiki's voice was "Vic Mignogna".

On the other hand I don't consider myself to be good at remembering voices, so Idk.

But overall I'm fine with most of the english voices. the names not so much

Even if you want Hoshido to be more grey, there are plenty of ther characters to go for. Going for Takumi just devalues his very much justified misgivings with Kamui. Even if you take

the possession

in account, he already feels a lot more aggressive in chapter 5. I thought we wanted more depth and not less.

Edited by Nanima²

Well anyway it looks like Kamui is more resolved about choosing Nohr as he doesn't seem as regretful, which I know some people didn't particularly like.

"Sooner or later we must face the consequences of our actions. I knew this would happen when I followed my heart and sided with my Nohrian family. I must stand behind that decision no matter what. I will not run."

Well anyway it looks like Kamui is more resolved about choosing Nohr as he doesn't seem as regretful, which I know some people didn't particularly like.

"Sooner or later we must face the consequences of our actions. I knew this would happen when I followed my heart and sided with my Nohrian family. I must stand behind that decision no matter what. I will not run."

Could Kamui be *gasp* a better character?