Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Chapter 10/Birthright Chapter 13 GameXplain 20 Minute Footage

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Felicia's voice is laughable. Otherwise, I enjoy the change of Bowman -> Archer because they don't use Bows, they use Yumi. Idk about Spear Fighter, but Naginata Fighter is probably too long. Sky Knight is weird, but I don't care about Pegasus Knight, I actually wanted Pegasus Warrior, but that's around equal characters to Revenant Knight which was also changed so probably space limitations

i actually thought about amethyst or something like that, from this weird cartoon, don't remember name sorry ;-;

(google Amethyst cartoon, you'll see her)

you mean Steven Universe lol?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching GX's version of the footage in Genetics class, and I have to say that I legitimately paused the video to keep myself from laughing at how bad they did.

The chapter itself looked interesting, in that it looks at a defend map that isn't easily trivialized. That's my biggest problem with defend maps is how easy it is to break 95% of them.

I liked the voices barring Felicia, and I have to say this helps reaffirm my hype moreso than it already was.

Gamexplain added their own video of this chapter, but fair warning, it can be painful to watch, due to the guy playing really badly

Also watch this specific part,

at 12:06 on the video,

Don´t you just love Nishiki/Kaden´s laugh?

Seriously his english voice is just perfect, his VA made good deliveries.

Edited by Water Mage

I definitely feel much more mixed on this game's Voice Acting compared to Awakening's (though it could be that I was actually exposed to Fates' Japanese VA's beforehand, so I have a point of comparison). I agree that Felicia sounds a bit too deep (I actually did a double take when she first spoke) and I think that they took Camilla being the "Motherly" character a bit too far. Other than that, I think everyone sounds okay. Also, in terms of the Birthright Chapter that was also released today, I have to say that I really liked Kaden's (Nishiki) voice and thought his lines fit him really well. I also really like Crimson being changed to Scarlet

Gamexplain added their own video of this chapter, but fair warning, it can be painful to watch, due to the guy playing really badly

OH MAN NISHIKI'S LAUGH IS FUCKING PERFECT

I think so far he has my favorite English voice! FOX HUSBAND!!

Oh man, that laugh is delightful! Definitely my favorite voice so far, he's pretty great.

The more I listen to Felicia, the more I like her... It's awkward and not the best voice, but endearing somehow.

Yay!

Felicia's voice sounded freaking horrible my god... just what were they thinking?

Literally.

I just love how he just says: ARTHUR SUCKS.

Arthur, you fool.

You should be benched. Plus high chance of being critted. No. No. Noooooo.

I am not impressed with the voice acting so far. I may turn voices off in future play throughs. I am hoping they will grow on me.

Chapter 10 looks incredibly difficult on high Nohr difficulties. I am sure this chapter is a living hell on Lunatic.

When it's supposed to be defending there for only 10 turns.

I'm so happy they changed Felicia's voice to something deeper. Now I won't have to turn down the sound whenever she speaks, Her japanese voice really hurt my ears

Literally.

------

Takumi and Hinata sound awesome!
Selena has improved.
Selena

Using her original Japanese name of Severa!

Felicia's voice should have been switched with Flora's since she is the older sister. Great! Felicia has a failure voice both times!
Beruka's is good!
Didn't hear Elise's.
Nyx's is what it should be.
Camilla's sounds motherly as it should be!
Like Niles's personnel skill being called Kidnap!
Arthur sounds like Captain rescue in Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog.
Jaheel White should do Asyura. Did Sonic in Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog!
Beruka "Il'l kill them all for lady Camilla."
Is why that Camilla's skinship won't be present. Caressing her is just creepy and sick.
Edited by PuffPuff

I was watching GX's version of the footage in Genetics class, and I have to say that I legitimately paused the video to keep myself from laughing at how bad they did.

The chapter itself looked interesting, in that it looks at a defend map that isn't easily trivialized. That's my biggest problem with defend maps is how easy it is to break 95% of them.

I liked the voices barring Felicia, and I have to say this helps reaffirm my hype moreso than it already was.

It was probably Derrick playing.

An example of his skills:

He got Sain killed on the pirate ship in FE7 because he sent him into a group of dark mages, even though Lucius was tanking them just fine.

It was probably Derrick playing.

An example of his skills:

He got Sain killed on the pirate ship in FE7 because he sent him into a group of dark mages, even though Lucius was tanking them just fine.

Wow, I really need to watch that playthrough if he's THIS bad.

Vic Mignogna being in this game is yes to me. I loved him being Keldeo in Pokemon: Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice. :D

Oh yeah, and if Hinoka is indeed Ashleigh Ball (who I discovered voices not just Rainbow Dash in MLP, but also Applejack! Both are my favorite ponies!), I'll be super happy!

Edited by Anacybele

Vic Mignogna being in this game is yes to me. I loved him being Keldeo in Pokemon: Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice. :D

Yeah I agree here. I hope he's Nishik-KADEN. Gotta get use to that now.

Like, I want my Fullmetal Alchemist fox please Nintendo. And if not foxboy, I'd appreciate him being someone else at the least.

Arthur doesn't sound like Kronk. 3/10 won't buy.

I wanna hear more of Oboro's voice honestly.

Oh yeah.

Her's was done nicely too. Hinata's sounds dreamy.

Hanz is voiced by John Dimaggio. Trust me on this, I've played enough gears of war to recognize the voice.

The more I listen to Felicia, the more I like her... It's awkward and not the best voice, but endearing somehow.

It's starting to grow on me honestly

Wait, I've been saying Takumi wrong this whole time? I was saying "Tah-KOO-mee" before. Man, do I suck at pronouncing Japanese (I pronounce just about every other Japanese name/word wrong).

That's how I thought it was pronounced the whole time.

I really like Felicia's voice. Same with Silas's and Nishi-err, Kaden. Right.

Nishiki kind of sounded like Yarne to me for awhile, until his critical…but he still sounds pretty good.