Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Chapter 10/Birthright Chapter 13 GameXplain 20 Minute Footage

AbsoluteZer0Nova

I'm not a big fan of Felicia's voice but the others I'm liking so far. Yet again, I was one of the people that liked Felicia's Japanese voice so ... :)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur's voice is spot on in terms of Western Super Hero

Nyx actually sounds like a loli

Pretty sure Nishiki/Kaden is Bryce Papenbrook

Silas is 100% Anthony Del Rio or sounds a lot like it

For some reason, I thought Hinoka's voice would have been Leone's from AgK, or Rainbow Dash.

I honestly like this Felicia's voice better >_>. Felicia's voice in JP is cute, but it can get annoying real quick.

TnCiOl.jpg

EkMiGp.jpg

This will work since she said kawaii kun "Cute Child" in Japan.

0kPd0D.jpg

MQEAFX.jpg

Jealous.

She obviously loves you, Corrin.

ECIdfa.jpg

HjSezH.jpg

Rc2Ihs.jpg

DgfqrS.jpg

rKqD1v.jpg

NJDoFO.jpg

ottB90.jpg

She's no vixen.

A succumbus/vampire.

CfibJI.jpg

Kitsune.

Yes. Perfect name as it means Fox in Japan.

r8b7od.jpg

UI2OQx.jpg

bg2taL.jpg

EIDjGc.jpg

She's ready for a brawl.

lffFzP.jpg

Nice way of naming a buddy seal.

94iSlF.jpg

Confirmed name.

MniqUa.jpg

I0KOqY.jpg

pDGBYY.jpg

SDZw1Q.jpg

D6Juol.jpg

Called Festal.

nFkiz6.jpg

1iSJnm.jpg

FclZ0i.jpg

Best battle comment in the game!

w7EKqq.jpg

Showing off her empress arcana.

q4sR3U.jpg

o0Om2e.jpg

yneIPw.jpg

Confirmed to be Scarlet. Suitable for Crimson since they both have meaning saying that she is a rose on the battlefield as her high critting is her thorns.

Edited by PuffPuff

Still need to watch the full video, as I'm in my job I only went to check what I wanted to know, and I can say...

THANKS TO GOD OBORO KEEP HER NAME!

That's all... Oh wait, I like Takumi's voice in the video, you can feel he is angry with that voice. Now to watch full video when arriving home

I will admit that Felicia's voice caught me off-guard. Thought for sure they'd go with someone like Christine Marie Cabanos for her.

But still, I'll get used to it. I'll take a somewhat deeper voice over the chipmunk voice she had in the JPN version.

Edited by Sentinel07

For some reason I think Felicia's voice sounds like a Chihiro from Dangan Ronpa(Game Dub). Though I like Chihiro's voice and I think Felicia's is too out of character. Beruka sounds really really familiar, I thought maybe Carrie Keranen but I don't think so(though I would use her a lot more if she is Carrie Keranen). I really dislike Nyx's voice.

Felicia sounded like she had a Scottish accent to me. I'll have to hear more before I can pass judgment, but I'll take her sulfur hexafluoride voice over her Japanese helium voice.

Beruka's a little higher-pitched and emotive than I thought she'd be, but not necessarily bad. I'd have maybe casted Carrie Keranen and had her use something similar to her Irina voice from XCX.

Arthur is a god, however. Though if he were voiced by Patrick Warburton it would be like 10x better.

Edit: Huh, we both had the same idea of Carrie Keranen.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Kaden's voice is awesome, he fits him perfectly and the laugh just solidifies it as my favorite. I'm guessing he's either Vic Mignogna or Bryce Papenbrook.

As for the others, they sound OK to good outside of Felicia's, who while I'd still take over the Japanese voice, I wish she'd emote a bit more since she does sound acted in a few lines.

Okay, Felicia's voice is growing more on me.

Though I do wonder...why does it feel like there's an odd pause in her quotes? Like one of them sounded like. "woah.....woah woah!!" and another sounded similar. Maybe it was just me, but I don't get the pause.

Arthur doesn't sound like Kronk. 3/10 won't buy.

I wanna hear more of Oboro's voice honestly.

Arthur sounded appropriately hammy but now I wish he sounded like Kronk...

y u do dis, Ebony...

Arthur sounded appropriately hammy but now I wish he sounded like Kronk...

y u do dis, Ebony...

i want people to suffer that he isnt kronk with me

that he can speak squirrel

to flannel

Corrin: No, it can't be! ...How did you get back here before us?

Daniela: Uh... huh. How did we, Arthur?

Arthur: Well, y'got me. *Pulls down map of Nohr* By all accounts it makes no sense.

For some reason I see Nyx as Arthur's villainous partner.

Nyx: Arthur, pull the lever! Wrong leveeeeeeeeeer!

That bad luck is contagious.

Camilla sounds like an old woman and Hinoka like she has a sore throat. Yeaaaah, think I'll be playing with the Japanese voices on.

Eh, I like Camilla's. I was expecting them to go for a very flirty, breathy voice and very happy to be wrong in this case. If they're trying to go for the whole 'motherly' thing like it says on the website, they did a good job. Hinoka's I'm undecided on right now, but she hasn't really had many spoken lines heard (compared to Camilla anyway), so I'll wait and see.

Edited by Phillius

The laughing voices are pretty great. I thought Nishiki (still not used to Kaden) and Hans's voices were well done, Ryoma's two laughs took me by surprise, though. His laughing tracks are more... extended? But it's still good.

I do like the voices overall, especially Sakura and Leon, but Hinoka and Felicia are just... no. Hinoka sounded so good in Japanese, here is just... why? With Felicia, I didn't like her super moe voice that much either, but this one doesn't even fit her character...

Edited by Tsuky

Eh, I like Camilla's. I was expecting them to go for a very flirty, breathy voice and very happy to be wrong in this case. If they're trying to go for the whole 'motherly' thing like it says on the website, they did a good job. Hinoka's I'm undecided on right now, but she hasn't really had many spoken lines heard (compared to Camilla anyway), so I'll wait and see.

Japanese Camilla oozes sex appeal but English Camilla gives me the image of a grandma at church who pinches your cheek and speaks to you like you're a small animal.

Edited by NekoKnight

Japanese is Camilla oozes sex appeal but English Camilla gives me the image of a grandma at church who pinches your cheek and speaks to you like you're a small animal.

Yeah, I didn't like the Japanese sound bytes. The VA did an amazing job, but it felt uncomfortable given the context. The way Camilla acted felt like the worst kind of player pandering to me (scantly-dressed, sex-kittenish voice and personality, only goal in life seems to be looking after the player and an unhealthy obsession), but then they made that character someone you were raised the majority of your life to believe was your sibling and...no, please stop. And maybe get away from me if it's not too much trouble. The English VA definitely could've been better (she sounds way older than she looks), but I'll take the kind grandmotherly voice over the breathy, flirty Japanese one, if only because I don't feel dirty inside listening to the English one.

Wait, I've been saying Takumi wrong this whole time? I was saying "Tah-KOO-mee" before. Man, do I suck at pronouncing Japanese (I pronounce just about every other Japanese name/word wrong).

yea.. it's kinda bugging me...

I thought Beruka would have a deep voice lol and yes arthur sounds perfect.

Yeah, I didn't like the Japanese sound bytes. The VA did an amazing job, but it felt uncomfortable given the context. The way Camilla acted felt like the worst kind of player pandering to me (scantly-dressed, sex-kittenish voice and personality, only goal in life seems to be looking after the player and an unhealthy obsession), but then they made that character someone you were raised the majority of your life to believe was your sibling and...no, please stop. And maybe get away from me if it's not too much trouble. The English VA definitely could've been better (she sounds way older than she looks), but I'll take the kind grandmotherly voice over the breathy, flirty Japanese one, if only because I don't feel dirty inside listening to the English one.

Camilla's character doesn't seem to have changed though, just the voice. She's still your creepily obsessed obaasan onee-chan.

The other image I was getting was that of an elderly witch, trying to sweet talk you into entering her creepy house.

STRANGER DANGER! CAMILLA NOT SAFE FOR KIDS!