Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Chapter 10/Birthright Chapter 13 GameXplain 20 Minute Footage

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Honestly speaking it sounds like, maybe they heard how people hated Felicia's squeaky voice (not me, that's for sure) and decided to try to completely "revamp" that.......but it sounds like they could have put in a bit more effort perhaps......

The voices aren't completely horrible I guess but...maybe it's just me but they don't feel as natural as the awakening ones. Oh well..

That being said, it does still kind of feel like they could have put in more effort for it

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camilla's character doesn't seem to have changed though, just the voice. She's still your creepily obsessed obaasan onee-chan.

The other image I was getting was that of an elderly witch, trying to sweet talk you into entering her creepy house.

STRANGER DANGER! CAMILLA NOT SAFE FOR KIDS!

I dunno about that, I reckon they might've changed her a little. Compare the profile descriptions:

Japanese Translated Profile: Elder sister of the Nohrian Royal Family. She dotes over her younger brother/sister to the point where she would kill other people for them without a care.

English Profile: Malig Knight. Elder princess of Nohr. She adores her younger siblings and acts as a mother figure to your character-- but is a terror on the battlefield

The English one says siblings, note the plural, so she probably won't be as single-minded about her doting. It also says she's a mother figure for your chatacter, which seems like it'd be more of a viewpoint from Kamui than Camilla. Besides, the three scenes we've seen of her have been a) Chapter 6, when Kamui was kidnapped b) Showing up in Nohr chapter 10, where she acts like a cheek-pinching grandmother figure than an obsessive yandere and c) the first time seeing Kamui after they abandoned Nohr for Hoshido and probably very upset about that considering her backstory, all scenes in which you'd expect someone to be concerned about a person they considered their siblings.

Also, was she ever safe for kids? Because I don't think she was...

2893889-9340727553-jf0i7.gif

Edited by Phillius

Wow, that player really did not like Arthur XD

I honestly think Felicia's voice fits her really well. Although any voice would fit better than her ear-splitting Japanese voice.

Nyx's overly squeaky voice is actually a nice touch, seeing as how her youthfulness is a curse designed to make her suffer

Edited by FrostyFireMage

While it was cool to hear some of the voices and to see a defense level again, who ever was playing was bugging the hell out of me. I couldn't' watch. The entire time I was trying to figure out why he was putting units like Elise and Nyx so close to front lines, and they got so many characters killed that I just couldn't watch.

Edited by Tolvir

While it was cool to hear some of the voices and to see a defense level again, who ever was playing was bugging the hell out of me. I couldn't' watch. The entire time I was trying to figure out why he was putting units like Elise and Nyx so close to front lines, and they got so many characters killed that I just couldn't watch.

If it's who I think it is, he streamed FE7 and sucked for most of it; that was several months ago. He has an extremely basic grasp of the GBA mechanics and virtually no knowledge of anything else within the series; TL;DR he hasn't gotten past the learning curve because FE7's not very hard and the commenters on the stream handheld him (he still lost about 1/3 of his units).

At least whenever he'd check the tactician ratings he'd beat up on himself for 1 star in survivability.

I think the people doing these gameplay reviews are obligated by contract to play poorly. It's the only explanation.

Like, the guy was trying to attack some enemies with Elise. You could hear him try and fail to select them to attack.

I think the people doing these gameplay reviews are obligated by contract to play poorly. It's the only explanation.

Like, the guy was trying to attack some enemies with Elise. You could hear him try and fail to select them to attack.

That could be true. I didn't watch all the way through but I don't think he won the battle. which would make sense so that whatever happens later or after the fight isn't spoiled. I think Takumi is supposed to show up in that fight.

And his first choice to use the turret was Felicia, and then it took him a bit to realize how the turrets range works, then there was whatever he was doing with Nyx 17 minutes in.

That's interesting, Second Seals are now Heart Seals... they must have had a change of heart... :P

flowey_the_killer.png

And idk, I kinda like Hinoka's voice. It's rough but... idk, I'm just fond of it.

Are we sure that is parallel/second seals because seriously that sounds like what they would change the marriage seals to.

You made a good point, so I re-watched that part of the video and went frame by frame to read the entire re-classing tutorial that popped up. Marriage Seals are now called Partner Seals and Buddy Seals are now called Friendship Seals. So I guess Heart Seals are Parallel Seals, although it does make sense for that to be the name for Marriage Seals.

edit: fixing errors

Edited by Orion5487

Kaden's voice is awesome, he fits him perfectly and the laugh just solidifies it as my favorite. I'm guessing he's either Vic Mignogna or Bryce Papenbrook.

As for the others, they sound OK to good outside of Felicia's, who while I'd still take over the Japanese voice, I wish she'd emote a bit more since she does sound acted in a few lines.

Good. Give me the grandma waifu.

She's now more grown up.

lol

Edited by PuffPuff

I like see all characters talking in English (the phrase "Beautiful, just like me" sounds hilarious haha) also I like Oboro's voice (heard from the Nohr video)

Now I can hear the differences of characters voices, in Japanese Felicia and Oboro sound pretty similar:/

I like see all characters talking in English (the phrase "Beautiful, just like me" sounds hilarious haha) also I like Oboro's voice (heard from the Nohr video)

Now I can hear the differences of characters voices, in Japanese Felicia and Oboro sound pretty similar:/

Um...they are roled by the same VA. :)

That's a topic merge~!

As such, any double-posts from this point onwards are warnable. Furthermore, if stuff looks a little nonsensical before this post, blame the merger.

Also, why doesn't Corrin speak? It's a little weird...

Possible the localization added a "no-voice" option and that's the default used for the demos.

Dude, Saizo(u) sounds like he started smoking as an infant. >.>

Somebody around here half a year ago was saying that Saizo could be Patrick Seitz, and things do sound that way.

Edited by The DanMan