Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Dear lord... between those still in denial about skinship being out/edited and those quarreling with each other about why waifu and husbando petting is good or bad in the first place, I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm a Fire Emblem fan.

Either way, you guys just gotta drop the salt. At this point, why would Kotaku or this journalist go this far to fake a report if it is truly baseless? Like the journalist said himself, there would be nothing to gain and everything to lose.

In any case, I'm personally fine with all of this. If the petting is gone, then cool, Fire Emblem hasn't sunk to new depths in the west at least (in my eyes). If the journalist is lying, Nintendo's PR lied to him, there was a miscommunication, a misunderstanding of information, or whatever other conspiracy theory is out their regarding this, then cool, now the whole world can see firsthand this cringeworthy mini-game and potentially mock us for what this series devolved into. Either way, some amount of FE/Fates fans are gonna lose no matter what.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d5mRfZ.jpg

I'm laughing hard now. Wha ha ha ha.

Looks like it's real after all.

Edited by PuffPuff

Or in game with the digital version. Point being you do choose a side, if it's a good way to do it is another thing but you are choosing one regardless.

Whatever. Nintendo lied to the NA fanbase in the 2nd direct - not sure how anyone is surprised by more of it now.

Dear lord... between those still in denial about skinship being out/edited and those quarreling with each other about why waifu and husbando petting is good or bad in the first place, I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm a Fire Emblem fan.

Either way, you guys just gotta drop the salt. At this point, why would Kotaku or this journalist go this far to fake a report if it is truly baseless? Like the journalist said himself, there would be nothing to gain and everything to lose.

In any case, I'm personally fine with all of this. If the petting is gone, then cool, Fire Emblem hasn't sunk to new depths in the west at least (in my eyes). If the journalist is lying, Nintendo's PR lied to him, there was a miscommunication, a misunderstanding of information, or whatever other conspiracy theory is out their regarding this, then cool, now the whole world can see firsthand this cringeworthy mini-game and potentially mock us for what this series devolved into. Either way, some amount of FE/Fates fans are gonna lose no matter what.

d5mRfZ.jpg

This is decisive to show that it is real.

Don't almost all of Nintendo's videos have comments disabled?

just NoJ

but strangely enough Metroid Prime Federation Force (as many dislikes as it has) still has comments enabled

I'm laughing hard now. Wha ha ha ha.

Looks like it's real after all.

like Loki said before, they know about the shitstorm going on right now and probably don't want it in their comments section

Edited by Captain Karnage

the comments are disabled

I assume because of the current shitstorm going on right now

Yes.

But at least the commercial video is good!

Edited by PuffPuff

Unless you get the Special Edition or online version.

Besides, one way or another, it's still choosing, be it either at home or at the register.

So an edition that they made like 12 copies of or one where you don't even get a physical copy.... lol.

The "choice" is a joke. The entire marketing scheme behind pretending it is a choice has been laughable since the 2nd direct.

Nintendo lied to the western fanbase in the 2nd direct - I'm entirely unsurprised by everything happening now as a direct extension of that.

Edited by ckc22

That

So an edition that they made like 12 copies of or one where you don't even get a physical copy.... lol.

The "choice" is a joke. The entire marketing scheme behind pretending it is a choice has been laughable since the 2nd direct.

Nintendo lied to the western fanbase in the 2nd direct - I'm entirely unsurprised by everything happening now as a direct extension of that.

That's why I've seen older comments saying nintendo should have chapters 1-5 as a demo, fading to black right at the choice.

Nintendo never actually lied tho, considering all they EVER said was that your choice made a huge impact on the storyline. They never specified in ANY advert WHEN you made the choice until they revealed the 2 versions.

I'm just going to wait until Nintendo makes a official statement before anything else (as unlikely as that is at this point). Something solid would be really nice, right about now.

Then again, they probably feel like they can stay silent until the storm blows over. Admitting it's not in there is just opening themselves up to more criticism. Is it the right thing to do? Surely not, but I guess from a marketing standpoint it makes a little sense, I guess.

That's where I am at this point. I want Nintendo to "officially" just come out and announce either "Yes, it's removed" or "No, it's still there" or even "No, but we altered it a bit".

Also, whatever the plan is, they should be up front about it! I rather be told now so that I won't be mislead when told the truth much later......you know, I just thought about something dreadful, but...I dread the possibility of them waiting for a Nintendo Direct before we get an answer( because who knows when that may happen)...

Nintendo never actually lied tho, considering all they EVER said was that your choice made a huge impact on the storyline. They never specified in ANY advert WHEN you made the choice until they revealed the 2 versions.

They presented the 2nd direct in NA with every implication that the game was a single entity while at the exact same time they were revealing split versions to the Japanese audience. Try again.

They presented the 2nd direct in NA with every implication that the game was a single entity while at the exact same time they were revealing split versions to the Japanese audience. Try again.

They never said it was a single entity tho, all they ever said was that the choice was very important to the story. Sure, they were very vague in the US directs, but they never actually lied.

That's where I am at this point. I want Nintendo to "officially" just come out and announce either "Yes, it's removed" or "No, it's still there" or even "No, but we altered it a bit".

^^^

I went here because I knew this was the most sane but also most active community with these sorts of things, but even then it's still hectic. This is just a bad idea. The only reason I can see being quiet about it would help is if it was replaced with something a whole lot better, and even then.

Pretty much every video has comments enabled.

I see. Thanks for correcting us. I could have sworn I've seen it on another thing before, but I guess not.

Also, whatever the plan is, they should be up front about it! I rather be told now so that I won't be mislead when told the truth much later......you know, I just thought about something dreadful, but...I dread the possibility of them waiting for a Nintendo Direct before we get an answer( because who knows when that may happen)...

...Am I the only one who thinks it would be weird if they announced 'yes it is removed' in an Nintendo Direct?

Because Directs are kind of known for showcasing upcoming games and showing off some new ones in the works that for them to say "oh yeah this feature is not included in the Western version" is a little...unfortunate? Unless they follow up with a "But, we have a replacement implemented that we hope you guys will enjoy instead".

I just can't help but chuckle of how they could address this.

You guys just keep grasping for straws, trying to prove or disprove skinship being out. Just be patient and wait for Nintendo to say something. Worst case scenario, we wait 21 days til release day. Boo hoo. Nobody is proving anything here.

It also would've made the shitstorm blow over far quicker. If they'd just come out and said 'in', 'not in' or 'it's changed', people would've vented their rage/mocking of those who wanted it in and it would've just been over with. But only Kotaku reporting on it and the lack of other information aside from some e-mails from Woolslayer that have blurred out send dates has prolonged the tension to the point where the backlash from either side is going to be far worse no matter what they say.