Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

You know, a lot of arguments could have been avoided if the game released earlier, like November maybe? Anyway, Intelligent Systems have shown that they are a studio that takes feedback to heart, so as long as I get to finally play some more Fire Emblem, I'm OK.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, sorry then. I tested it out before I left it as is.

It's cool. I'm glad the guy on the left has a positive outlook on the possibility of there being a replacement for the touching. Honestly, I'm more concerned about what will be there for your spouse.

Edited by Giga Man

I'm getting tired of Nintendo censoring everything. The rating system is there for a reason, not every game has to be E10+.

You do realise that one of the biggest reasons it got taken out was probably because people complained about it, right? Ever since it got revealed, there have been people complaining about FE becoming a dating sim and pandering to Waifu-fags/Weebs/Otaku-crowd/whatever insult you care to imagine. People have only been coming out to defend skinship or protest against censorship en mass ever since Kotaku announced that it was out and likely long after it was removed from the game, so they had no reason to think that people would care about the topic this much. Not everything gets removed because of censorship.

Edited by Phillius

I'm getting tired of Nintendo censoring everything. The rating system is there for a reason, not every game has to be E10+.

You do realize this game is rated T right

I would love it if they "replaced" it with you inviting a character to your room, the screen fading to black, and then the game tells you your relationship improved. That would make more inappropriate than it already was.

Depends on where you are in the world, actually.

We Canadians have to pay $100 for the SE.

Is that 100 Canadian dollars or 100 U.S. dollars? Because if it's 100 Canadian dollars, isn't that technically less than what you'd pay in the U.S. because of currency conversion?

Also, person who posted the IGN Nintendo podcast video, can you at least tell us at what time in the video they discuss Fates? The video you posted is over 1 hour long.

EDIT: Okay, apparently timestamp was given on page 60. Never mind.

Edited by Sunwoo

You do realise that one of the biggest reasons it got taken out was because people complained about it, right? Ever since it got revealed, there have been people complaining about FE becoming a dating sim and pandering to Waifu-fags/Weebs/Otaku-crowd/whatever insult you care to imagine. People have only been coming out to defend skinship or protest against censorship en mass ever since Kotaku announced that it was out and likely long after it was removed from the game, so they had no reason to think that people would care about the topic this much. Not everything gets removed because of censorship.

Citation needed? I don't recall any official source saying it was removed in response to fan complaints.

Citation needed? I don't recall any official source saying it was removed in response to fan complaints.

Official source? No, but would they have censored Soleil's support if people hadn't whined about the unfortunate implications of it? 'One of the biggest' doesn't mean the main reason it was removed (I also meant to say 'probably one of', so that's my b), but fan complaints definitely would've been a factor considering the number of people on this forums alone who were complaining about 'Waifu Emblem' and how far FE has degraded. Hell, even in this topic you can find people going 'neener-neener, how does it feel to not be able to touch your waifu you dirty weeb'. Imagine going somewhere were the complaints tend to be more intense. I've seen people say that they weren't buying the game solely because skinship was in and that FE was dead.

I'm probably just being cynical though. After Australia's treatment of Left 4 Dead 2, the way I view censorship has been shot to hell so bad that most complaints about skinship being cut seem very much like an over-reaction to me.

Edited by Phillius

well it was fun while it lasted

I have a dreadful feeling that NoA is going to go crazy and try to get all of the subtitled skinshipping videos off of youtube

I guess I have a reason to keep my JPN 3DS arround for a while longer

apparently getting assked for a kiss is too taboo for our wonderful puritan country

who has no problem with exessive over the top violence

See you all around the forest, bye!

ohh I hope this is just one big missunderstanding

Well nobody has actually seen it, the story for Ign and Kotaku was that a Nintendo rep told them so and we still have that 1GB of data that's useless

I'm way too deep into denial

Edited by Captain Karnage

Is that 100 Canadian dollars or 100 U.S. dollars? Because if it's 100 Canadian dollars, isn't that technically less than what you'd pay in the U.S. because of currency conversion?

Actually it's better in Canada in terms of conversion. 79.99USD converts to 111.80CAD so we're kinda getting a deal.

Actually it's better in Canada in terms of conversion. 79.99USD converts to 111.80CAD so we're kinda getting a deal.

I think Horace said something along the lines of that, yeah. That's pretty interesting. What's the price of one full game in Canada, then? Since the price of the SE here is literally standard price of one 3DS game (~40) + price of one path as DLC (20) + price of Revelations as DLC (20). Or something like that.

Edited by Sunwoo

Well, that's that. All I ask for is two things.

NoA, please put a good enough replacement that still uses the 2D models in some fashion. I can understand if the touching has to go, but I'd hate to see the huge work that went into the models go to waste. I actually thought they look great and I'd like to see them in-game myself.

To those who didn't want the feature, please be good winners and don't gloat about this nor shame those who legitimately wanted to try it out (like me). Just because some of us like playing stuff like this for fun does not make us creepy weirdos or anything like that. This is more of a remark in general, as I haven't seen any of that here in this thread, but I felt like saying that since the haters of this feature have been pretty vocal elsewhere.

I think Horace said something along the lines of that, yeah. That's pretty interesting. What's the price of one full game in Canada, then? Since the price of the SE here is literally standard price of one 3DS game (~40) + price of one path as DLC (20) + price of Revelations as DLC (20). Or something like that.

The full price of one game is $49.99 the last time I checked. And then + one path + Revelations are $25 each.

Edited by carefreejules

I'm actually more upset that Kotaku was right then I am about skinship getting removed. I wanted them to crash and burn soooooo badly D:

They could still due to how they handled this. Its fucking SHIT journalism and they should be ashamed of themselves fir posting it without proper citation. How do these fuckers even operate? That is not journalism.

Official source? No, but would they have censored Soleil's support if people hadn't whined about the unfortunate implications of it? 'One of the biggest' doesn't mean the main reason it was removed (I also meant to say 'probably one of', so that's my b), but fan complaints definitely would've been a factor considering the number of people on this forums alone who were complaining about 'Waifu Emblem' and how far FE has degraded. Hell, even in this topic you can find people going 'neener-neener, how does it feel to not be able to touch your waifu you dirty weeb'. Imagine going somewhere were the complaints tend to be more intense. I've seen people say that they weren't buying the game solely because skinship was in and that FE was dead.

I'm probably just being cynical though. After Australia's treatment of Left 4 Dead 2, the way I view censorship has been shot to hell so bad that most complaints about skinship being cut seem very much like an over-reaction to me.

Omg no. Soleil's support was SO DEFINITELY always going to change. That shit would not survived localization regardless of fan discontent. To assume they changed that due to fan outrage alone is, no offense, but woefully ignorant of localization works. Just like Peri's Japanese personality (being perpetually a 9 year old) would not have survived. Dude.

As for the IGN podcast, thats more trustworthy tbh and welp. From the sound of it, the touching is out but the assets might still be used? We'll know just how in coming weeks.

The full price of one game is $49.99 the last time I checked. And then + one path + Revelations are $25 each.

In that case, looks like both Canada and the U.S are getting it for the price of one full game + DLC of the other path + Revelations.

We're all aware how various fan communities reacted to controversial elements of the game but it would be presumptuous to say that Nintendo altered their plans on account of the opinions of vocal minorities. These people do localization as a profession and you think they answer to the whims of the internet when making big decisions like the removal of skinship? It's equally possible that the removal of problematic elements is coincidental with what they had in mind anyway. There's no way a support like Soleil x Mamui would have made it through, whether we complained about it not.

I think you are over emphasizing the value they place on this "public outcry". But if NoA does alter the localization on account of fan complaints, fix Fates' plot please!

I think you are over emphasizing the value they place on this "public outcry". But if NoA does alter the localization on account of fan complaints, fix Fates' plot please!

I hope the localization team looked at the story and agreed it needed to be fixed, then did their best to do so. I really wonder if they could pull it off, and I hope so.

Haha Neko, dont bet on that! How many videos of English play have i seen overemphasizing Corrin's importance and Hoshido blood relations? A lot now. :p

Oh well. Game is still gonna be fun to try.

Wait did they change this? Where?? :0

Official site has her summary as "Was raised a spoiled child and still acts spoiled." So i assume that she got Henry Treatment where shes hilariously murderous or weird but cries cuz spoiled, instead of being a literal child psychologically.

Ugh mobile posting

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

They could still due to how they handled this. Its fucking SHIT journalism and they should be ashamed of themselves fir posting it without proper citation. How do these fuckers even operate? That is not journalism.

Omg no. Soleil's support was SO DEFINITELY always going to change. That shit would not survived localization regardless of fan discontent. To assume they changed that due to fan outrage alone is, no offense, but woefully ignorant of localization works. Just like Peri's Japanese personality (being perpetually a 9 year old) would not have survived. Dude.

As for the IGN podcast, thats more trustworthy tbh and welp. From the sound of it, the touching is out but the assets might still be used? We'll know just how in coming weeks.

I just thought Peri was uber violent, or just a female Henry

Maybe we can just tap the screen and a sceen will play out

I hope the localization team looked at the story and agreed it needed to be fixed, then did their best to do so. I really wonder if they could pull it off, and I hope so.

9ca.png

credit goes to thane for that lovely work of art

anyways I can't wait untill we find out more about the english version

You know, I've seen so many people bash Fates story at this point, that I know I'm going to love it because 9 times out of ten I love what the majority hates, and hate what the majority loves

So, Skinship is gone, and we have some unknown replacement. My curiosity knows no bounds, and it will be sated the 19th.

Edited by MCProductions

well it was fun while it lasted

I have a dreadful feeling that NoA is going to go crazy and try to get all of the subtitled skinshipping videos off of youtube

Funny you should say that because yesterday, I was looking for the original 10 minute My Castle introduction trailer from Nintendo's Japanese youtube account, and it has apparently been made private. The fan translation of it is still around, though.

On that note, I'd love it if NoA dubbed this trailer. In before Felicia's voice hate.

Edited by Giga Man

You know, I've seen so many people bash Fates story at this point, that I know I'm going to love it because 9 times out of ten I love what the majority hates, and hate what the majority loves

I'm going to love Fates' story just to spite the haters