Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

I can't honestly bring myself to get angry over such a small part of the game. I get where people are coming from, and it sucks to get a product with less content without a choice in the matter.

I still think the game is worth my SE pre-order.

Edit: Plus the models are still going to be in the game. The skinship option will likely be dummied out. It wouldn't surprise me if someone figured out how to re-enable skinship, considering the 3DS homebrew scene rn)

Edited by Auro Astum

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I agree, but Nintendo always does this so we would have been preparing for the inevitable anyway.

I thought this thread would die, damn.

Die? Hah, this will keep on going until the game comes out. I do hope we get to know if there is a replacement soon.

I feel bad (not really) for the people who won't buy the game because skinship was cut. This is the first time it ever appeared in the series but NOW it's the deal breaker? I didn't even want it in the game but I bought the Japanese version anyway.

I feel bad (not really) for the people who won't buy the game because skinship was cut. This is the first time it ever appeared in the series but NOW it's the deal breaker? I didn't even want it in the game but I bought the Japanese version anyway.

i feel the same but more because

it's not even confirmed to be completely gone

the only thing that is confirmed gone is the ability to touch them

everything else points to the same or similar feature being present, just without being able to touch the characters

i can't tell if people are jumping to conclusions or are seriously cancelling their preorders over the ability to actually touch the characters

i feel the same but more because

it's not even confirmed to be completely gone

the only thing that is confirmed gone is the ability to touch them

everything else points to the same or similar feature being present, just without being able to touch the characters

i can't tell if people are jumping to conclusions or are seriously cancelling their preorders over the ability to actually touch the characters

Is pretty good that skinship is a deal breaker so i can snatch the special edition!

So, anyone who will cancel the special edition, please tell me so i can snatch it from you!

lol

But here people don't like FE, so will be very easy to buy the special edition

Edited by Light Master

For me it really depends on how much they took out.

I don't really care for the "petting" itself, though I honestly don't get why some people think that it's such a weird thing.

What I want is the interaction with the characters (the things they talk about in particular) because some interesting stuff only comes up during those times.

So if you only invited them in, the screen turns black and it's like "BAM HERE'S YOUR BONUS" I'm out :dry:

If they're still utilizing the 3D models but they just found a different method of getting the bonuses that don't involve petting (which seems to be the case but I could be wrong), I'm 100% cool with that because the only thing that I actually like about this feature is being able to hear voice acting tbh.

Edited by carefreejules

I'm sure if you tried really hard you could miss the point even further.

Your favorite game is Awakening. Did you purchase it at full price even though Tharja's butt got censored?

Your favorite game is Awakening. Did you purchase it at full price even though Tharja's butt got censored?

Well...That doesn't really work since you have to pay extra money to get the DLC to begin with. It's not initially part of the game.

Edited by carefreejules

From what I'm seeing, I'm guessing that the primary reason for people cancelling their pre-orders over this is because of the principle of the matter, not just because they can't pet their waifu/husbando or whatever. Some people feel like if they buy the game, they're sending the message to Nintendo that they support the decision to cut content from the game and give us what's technically a lesser product than what was initially created. It's their money. They're entitled to spend it on what they deem fit.

I'm disappointed that skinship was removed, but I love the brain-racking, stress-inducing gameplay of Fire Emblem too much to not have $80 worth of fun out of Fates, personally. I sincerely hope, though, that something that utilizes the models still exists in the game, because they really are glorious and expressive, and there's a lot of extra dialogue that came with skinship. One character talks about his parents, another about his eye, a few reveal their true identities to you... I mean is all this supposed to just disappear, lost in localization? That's where I'd be upset. If it was changed so that they just show the model and the character talks with you, there's just no petting, then I'll be completely okay with that. All we'd be missing out on then is the act of rubbing a touch screen, which gets old after a while, anyway.

Well...That doesn't really work since you have to pay extra money to get the DLC to begin with. It's not initially part of the game.

Optional (paid) content but content all the same. People who wanted the unaltered Japanese experience would be disappointed.

Edited by NekoKnight

If all people are disappointed in losing is the conversations (which, if they are still in, are probably completely different for the West anyway), then I can sort of see why they're angry.

I can't see why that would be a dealbreaker for you, though. Even if it's not there, they'll probably alter the speed of the support system to make up for the loss of support building via skinship. I would put my money on the idea that it's now just conversation without petting.

As a fairly new FE fan, though, I don't think I'll ever understand the few people who get upset about name changes by localization.

I don't really. All that controversy in the past which I don't recall remembering, I ain't letting that slide. Despite the fact that there was more for the fanservice players than the players who wanted to play the game for the core aspect. Did we say we wouldn't get the game, maybe some, but we're still here waiting for release. Now they get equalized, meet us down here (It sucks down here doesn't it?) and they wanna give up and not buy the game anymore. Go ahead, boycott. It doesn't change anything. Nintendo's still gonna get their money. I doubt they're gonna miss-out on this game in the end anyway.

All these double edged sword arguments, no one wins this. It's all for no purpose.

Anyone else think the feature might get replaced by a Honiepop like game? The models would still be used.

Well, with the game being 3 weeks away for American (and Canadian...Mexican?) audiences, I am pretty disappointed in their choice. I'm not salty mad, but I am still sort of shocked that it might be scrapped and a waste of voice acting and assets I was really looking forward to seeing. Then again, Kotaku may just be pulling my leg, but we have no conformation if so. I'm just going to wait and see

Edited by Tactical-Pigeon

Well, with the game being 3 weeks away for American (and Canadian...Mexican?) audiences, I am pretty disappointed in their choice. I'm not salty mad, but I am still sort of shocked that it might be scrapped and a waste of voice acting and assets I was really looking forward to seeing. Then again, Kotaku may just be pulling my leg, but we have no conformation if so. I'm just going to wait and see

we do have confirmation, granted i don't blame you for not reading the thread, its a doozy.

If they actually put in a Huniepop-like game I'll cry from laughter.

Oh yeah match those bubbles baby

i like the concept of the game but i'm awful at it, pls no do this nintendo.

we do have confirmation, granted i don't blame you for not reading the thread, its a doozy.

We do know it is truly out? I mean, like I stated I'm waiting for my SE to come so I can check for myself...and yes, I didn't read 60 pages of post

Upon American and European servers...that is...

But...were safe to post these up on Youtube if they are from Japan which they are nullified of this skinshipping clause.

There is no servers for this. NoJ privatized the videos no matter where you are. You could only view them if you're logged into NoJ's account.

i like the concept of the game but i'm awful at it, pls no do this nintendo.

it's not even that, it's the fact that if they put it in it will be directly parodying one of the most popular erotic games out there (POPULAR, because I don't think any other sexual game has received as large of an audience as Huniepop) and that's just. Amazing. Especially after all the shit they risked to take out skinshipping.

We do know it is truly out? I mean, like I stated I'm waiting for my SE to come so I can check for myself...and yes, I didn't read 60 pages of post

IGN confirmed it in a podcast. If you look back, you can find it along with the timestamp.
If you're lucky enough to get the special edition though, then keep it. I switched out for a Japanese copy because I couldn't get an SE, but if I did, I would have sucked it up and kept it.

The petting aspect is gone, but the process of inviting people to your room is still there and you can still get the benefits - they just haven't specified how.

IGN confirmed it in a podcast. If you look back, you can find it along with the timestamp.

If you're lucky enough to get the special edition though, then keep it. I switched out for a Japanese copy because I couldn't get an SE, but if I did, I would have sucked it up and kept it.

Possible to get a link, please?

The petting aspect is gone, but the process of inviting people to your room is still there and you can still get the benefits - they just haven't specified how.

Welp, as long as they have the models and VA, I'm cool with it. At least they aren't removing the benefits entirely