Translated Support Conversations

Jagged Jagen

so..Nishiki --> KadenYuugiri --> ReinaCrimson --> ScarletSaizou --> SaizoKagerou --> Kagero

Asama --> AzamaTsukuyomi --> Hayato

I think that some bad decisions have been made. Crimson - Scarlet is just change for change's sake. Why do things have to be this way?

I think that some bad decisions have been made. Crimson - Scarlet is just change for change's sake. Why do things have to be this way?

I think they just wanted to make her name more "normal" or feminine sounding. Scarlet is a legitimate name but I don't hear about people naming their children Crimson.

I like Crimson -> Scarlet. Both mean some shade of red, except Scarlet's an actual name. I actually have to applaud them for this one. Scarlett Johansson, remember?

In this case they are able to preserve meaning while making it more of a name. If only Tsubaki was allowed that treatment...

I think that Scarlet is actually a really pretty name. I was already planning on marrying her on my first Hoshido run, but this just seals the deal. Maybe because it reminds me of Scarlett Johansson.

I also really like Hayato. Reminds me of Hayato from Star Gladiator, though I know him from Marvel vs. Capcom.

On the other side, however, Azama is like actually hard to say for me. I get how to say it, but it's much weirder to say than Asama. Kadin and Reina aren't bad, but they aren't at all Japanese. I was really expecting Yugiri as a name tbh.

EDIT: OMG Thor I'm on mobile so I didn't see your post but we both said Scarlett Johansson isn't that a coincidence

Edited by Miss Kira

Reina actually is Japanese--"rei" and "na". It means "bright flower". I like it, it's very pretty. Scarlet, too.

Kaden is a little weird, but I think that's because I'm used to the American spelling. It's Japanese too, I just need some time to adjust to it.

Azama and Hayato are bad, though. I was hoping the Wind Tribe would all have Indian names so Rhajat wouldn't stand out as much, but no.

Reina actually is Japanese--"rei" and "na". It means "bright flower". I like it, it's very pretty. Scarlet, too.

Kaden is a little weird, but I think that's because I'm used to the American spelling. It's Japanese too, I just need some time to adjust to it.

Azama and Hayato are bad, though. I was hoping the Wind Tribe would all have Indian names so Rhajat wouldn't stand out as much, but no.

Yes so now we have Hayato and his daughter Rhajat. What will Fuuga be? Daniel?

Well maybe they'll make a topic of her name - like why she's named that way or something. I haven't read their supports (never even recruited her in JP version) so I don't know if there's room for something like that, but eh, who knows?

Is Kaden a Japanese name? I assume it's pronounced Kah-den but I can't help but see it as Kay-den and I know a very annoying kid by that name. Does it have a meaning?

I don't think Scarlet really fits Crimson's appearance. Crimson is kind of a more..cutesy name? It doesn't really have a serious, adult tone like Scarlet does. In fact, all it does is make me think of Miss Scarlet, from Clue. I'll get used to it, though.