DLC Map Pack 1

yogurtdrink

You don't get access until they are available for individual purchase, just like those of us who have purchased the special edition won't have access to the third path until it is released.

I only found out a few weeks ago but those will the special edition will have Revelation 3 weeks early. As someone who manged to get a pre-order in for the SE I'm super stoked about that.

I only found out a few weeks ago but those will the special edition will have Revelation 3 weeks early. As someone who manged to get a pre-order in for the SE I'm super stoked about that.

Do you mind pointing me in the direction of special edition info? I can't find anything about it on the official site.

if that is true, I don't know that I'll be able to resist picking Revelation for my first play through.

Nintendo already explicitly said that all 3 paths are on the cart for the special edition, taken from the nintendo website:

• Also featuring the Revelation path, all on a single game card, included exclusively in this special edition.
  • 80 page art book with previously unreleased sketches, concept drawings, and more.
  • Beautifully illustrated carrying pouch for your Nintendo 3DSXL system.

Being on the cart doesn't mean it's accessible from the get go. Heck, Anna is on the cart and can't be recruited until April.

Here's GameStop's product description of the special edition:

Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition Includes:
  • All Three Versions of Fire Emblem: Fates (Birthright, Conquest, Revelation*) on a Single Cartrige**
    • *Allows purchasers to play Revelations three weeks prior to launch on eshop
    • **Only way to get all Three Versions on a Single Cartridge
  • Hardcover Art Book
  • Nintendo 3DS XL Carrying Pouch featuring Game Art

I didn't know about this until my brother told me a few weeks ago. Apparently that's supposed to be the biggest incentive for getting the SE.

I thought the biggest incentive was not having to download another 2gb of game or whatever the additional paths would take on your SD card.

Dude, you still gotta download Revelations. You just dont need to pay for it with the SE cuz you already did with the price of the SE.

Dude, you still gotta download Revelations. You just dont need to pay for it with the SE cuz you already did with the price of the SE.

It honestly doesn't look like that is true for the American release. Its seems to be on cart and ready to play launch day while everybody else will have to wait for it to be released as dlc. Edited by Draxal

One thing that hasn't been pointed out yet in this thread that could be important:

LIKqVB5.png

I wish one could preorder the whole pack from the eshop, I recently got an eshop giftcard...

bonus content could be the cipher characters.

bonus content could be the cipher characters.

I'd actually like that. Even if the Cipher characters aren't much, it'd still be cool. I'd love to have Minerva, mostly. Even if I like "Marth"'s character more.

It honestly doesn't look like that is true for the American release. Its seems to be on cart and ready to play launch day while everybody else will have to wait for it to be released as dlc.

I think you get a code or something from the cart and get it special through eShop exclusively or something like that.

I think you get a code or something from the cart and get it special through eShop exclusively or something like that.

The japanese advertisements for their special edition said that. The American advertisements explicitly left that out.

If you order the DLC Map Pack through an online retailer like Gamestop, you should receive emails from Gamestop the access code you can enter via your 3DS IIRC.

You should, yes. However, they were talking about if the special edition gets a code to download the third path or if it's included on the cart.