What Could Skinship Be Replaced With?

Captain Karnage

The title says it all

okay so the debate over skinship has been a very heated debate topic here for almost a year now.

and without any conformation from NoA we have nothing to go on other than an unreliable article from Kotaku

but here's the kicker the "!" symbol still appears above my room in some of the localized english videos.

so if skinship is still in the game, well that's no big deal, if it's not then we have to ask what's going to happen in myroom?

as for me I have no idea as to what it could be replaced with.

what do you all think it could be replaced with?

I hope it's still there

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best guess, and this is just speculation (assuming its actually removed and then actually replaced, which it might not) is along these lines:

--- Invite someone to your room with a menu and they enter just like in skinship.

--- We see their character model

--- PETTING OMITTED

--- Now, after skinship they would generally say some lines of dialogue. My plan is to just skip over the petting phase and immediately get them talking, like a short conversation with you, or even just a line or two.

---- Your relationship has increased!

I said it half joking in the other thread but now I actually love the idea of card games.

same here

as in I read the joke knowing it was a joke and now I actually want it it sounds great

it won't happen but it'd be fucking great if it did I'd buy all three versions just to play cards with everyone

Replacing Skinship, we have a minigame in which you play the original SMB, but with the Marth sprite from Mario Maker. When that ! symbol appears, you can play a watered down Mario Party with one of your soldiers to build support points

In actual seriousness, I'd love a cardgame of sorts. Cipher plz

I said it half joking in the other thread but now I actually love the idea of card games.

You convinced me too in that thread, mate, I'd love to play strip poker with my waifu

More suports (RyomaxCrimsom and JokerxFlora come into mind, giving Izana a few more suports will be very nice since he's my favorite character).

A Talk game with the skinship assets, or perhaps some unique items?

Edited by Light Master

I'd really like to see them replace it while still using the live 2d models. Maybe you could just invite units to your room for a chat?? Tbh I'm not opposed to the idea of skinship at all, I actually think it's really cute. It's been said a lot but I'm very skeptical about the Kotaku article regarding the removal of skinship. It's not a professional article at all, and was written in a very personal point of few. I'm waiting for Nintendo to say something about it. Either way I'm still hyped af for this game, face petting or not.

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Something similar to base conversations from PoR/RD, maybe? That way, you could still use the models and keep certain parts of characterization in there too. Or maybe skinship will only be limited to your spouse and not the general army?

I'm all for the Fire Emblem Cipher game. That would be so cool.

I can see Odin pulling off a 'I WILL BANISH YOU TO THE SHADOW REALM FIEND' or something of that nature.

If the card game actually did manage to get in, I would prefer something along the lines of Cardfight Vanguard where the fighters imagine themselves as the creatures.

And on that note, I can't stop picturing Azura as a Bermuda Triangle player, Ryouma as as Narukami player, Xander using Shadow paladins... I need to write a fanfic based off of this.

If the card game actually did manage to get in, I would prefer something along the lines of Cardfight Vanguard where the fighters imagine themselves as the creatures.

And on that note, I can't stop picturing Azura as a Bermuda Triangle player, Ryouma as as Narukami player, Xander using Shadow paladins... I need to write a fanfic based off of this.

Card game AU is a go.

Something similar to base conversations from PoR/RD, maybe? That way, you could still use the models and keep certain parts of characterization in there too. Or maybe skinship will only be limited to your spouse and not the general army?

This is what I would personally like.

Gambling with other units.

I'd actually like if you could still invite them and have them say a bit of dialogue. Seeing the character models and hearing tidbits about their lives and appearances would be nice. Those were the only reasons why I was looking forward to the feature in the first place.

This is what I'd like.

But I highly doubt we are getting a replacement at all.

This is what I'd like.

But I highly doubt we are getting a replacement at all.

but we're still seeing the "!" symbol in the english versions

and the only other thing you can do is change your hair in myroom

which does not require the "!" to be present