What Could Skinship Be Replaced With?

Captain Karnage

If like pokemon, there could be a thing where you talk into the mic or copy their faces. I mean some people might still find that

wierd. (Technically Nishiki, And Flannel and their children aren't humans so we can still pet them cause pokemons arent humasn

either hur dur ヽ(◔ᴥ◔)ノ)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of touching our units, we chat with them. We start a conversation, they say something significant, a selection of choice phrases pop up that you can choose to respond with. Your response effects the course of the conversation. Say the right things, and you are rewarded with whatever skinship rewards you with.

After marriage and childbirth, you can pet your spouse and children. Only leave out the blowing. If she wants me to blow on her, she might as well toss me in the bed right then and there and slap an M rating on it.

Edited by Giga Man

immediately boots up hong kong 97 as a minigame

I said Cipher TCG in the other thread but I severely doubt it. I don't think it's a bad idea, though. It wouldn't need to be more than implementing the card game system (I don't know how it works don't ask me pls), having each character with a deck and offering some kind of reward in terms of items or stats through it. Unfortunately, generally companies either stay away from making a virtual game of their TCG because it does split their money or have deck building be limited and bad like in the newer Magic the Gathering video games.

A drinking game.

Nothing brings soldiers closer together than a pint of ale!

cooking thing from Dragon's Crown?

just a heads up, in the "skinship is out, says Kotaku" thread it's come to our attention that the NA version of the game is slightly bigger than the Japanese counterpart

and considering the Live 2D assesets take up at least 1/3 of the cartrage space it seems very likely that we will be able to rub our waifu/husbando's face on Feb 19th!!!

One of the folks who posted in that thread mentioned that financial reasons could be the culprit for skinship being removed (since dubbing lines cost money). I can imagine subtitles or something popping up as you "pet" the characters (perhaps on like the bottom screen or something) if NoA is lazy/cheap.

EDIT: Of course -- Kotaku (and by extension, Polygon) is just being a complete attention whore; it did lose a lot of readers after that whole Gamergate debacle back in 2014, perhaps even earlier than that.

Edited by Roflolxp54

just a heads up, in the "skinship is out, says Kotaku" thread it's come to our attention that the NA version of the game is slightly bigger than the Japanese counterpart

and considering the Live 2D assesets take up at least 1/3 of the cartrage space it seems very likely that we will be able to rub our waifu/husbando's face on Feb 19th!!!

Or they were just lazy and didn't take them out, just made them inaccessible and/or it's just for confession scenes.

Keep in mind that dual audio is a thing, and audio takes up a lot of space. This is why games like Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Bravely Default use much more space than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Super Smash Bros.

I found this on reddit. Had a good chuckle.

bevlUcX.png

This just made my day.

However I have my doubts about Noa actually doing anything to replace it. The version where the ! was seen could have just been an earlier version where skinship was still in but not translated or anything. It would be a shame though I would love to see if NoA could come up with some good replacement (Fire emblem cipher in fates would be a bit meta but would be hilarious)

(Fire emblem cipher in fates would be a bit meta but would be hilarious)

On one hand, that would probably tick off some Japanese players ("why do the Americans get something cool?" sort of deal).

On the other hand, it would be the perfect way to advertise Cipher. So if it does get replaced by anything, I'd vote for an abridged version of Cipher!

On one hand, that would probably tick off some Japanese players ("why do the Americans get something cool?" sort of deal).

On the other hand, it would be the perfect way to advertise Cipher. So if it does get replaced by anything, I'd vote for an abridged version of Cipher!

Yeh a version of cipher has totally got my vote too . I can see them like putting the live 2d animation thing of your opponent on the top screen and their reaction to the game while the bottom screen has the actual cards and the game. Though again I highly doubt there will be anything that cool to replace skinship.

on the other other hand I laugh at all the continuity issues this would cause (Namely that fates is supposed to be in a completely seperate world from other fe games and already dont know about the events of awakening.)

Poker.

I found this on reddit. Had a good chuckle.

bevlUcX.png

This is hilarious. Let's just put the full experience of Pokemon Amie into Fire Emblem and call it day. That way, you get the rubbing, plus you get to feed them and play minigames!

My best guess, and this is just speculation (assuming its actually removed and then actually replaced, which it might not) is along these lines:

--- Invite someone to your room with a menu and they enter just like in skinship.

--- We see their character model

--- PETTING OMITTED

--- Now, after skinship they would generally say some lines of dialogue. My plan is to just skip over the petting phase and immediately get them talking, like a short conversation with you, or even just a line or two.

---- Your relationship has increased!

This is actually what I hope happens. It was the dialogue I liked, not the actual stroking part of the mini-game. I would love it if characters still came in to say things to you - we don't need a random game to have them say it. >.>

I'd really like to see them replace it while still using the live 2d models. Maybe you could just invite units to your room for a chat?? Tbh I'm not opposed to the idea of skinship at all, I actually think it's really cute. It's been said a lot but I'm very skeptical about the Kotaku article regarding the removal of skinship. It's not a professional article at all, and was written in a very personal point of few. I'm waiting for Nintendo to say something about it. Either way I'm still hyped af for this game, face petting or not.

Best comment, yet.
Since the localization weapons, items, characters names and story changes are all I care about!

Yes.
Since we can actually get the game in the game!
Edited by PuffPuff

Ooh. As long as I can interact with them somehow, it would make me happy. It wasn't the petting that excited me, it's the fact I get to firsthand physically interact with them. But I guess even if they only kept the dialogue, it could be worse. Feb 19th couldn't come any slower!

Edited by PopteenPrincess

Most likely it will be a "conversation" with them. Probably what ever lines they are supposed to say, and then your support raises, the end. Or no replacement at all, which I fear might be the likely result because I don't trust any company anymore to NOT be lazy with their work. So many companies like Blizzard and EA are so lazy with their work that either features that were promise never get implemented (Blizzard with World of Warcraft) or put out a half baked game to add the rest in later with a $15 price tag (EA).

To be honest what I think the best feature would be is some sort of conversation. It makes sense for both romantic and non romantic supports, and would be something like going to the tavern with said person. Makes sense for the time period, and is perfect for using live 2d models. Go a step further and be able to implement the ability to ask questions, things like where they are from, how they grew up, why they are the class they are, etc. Give us more background information to make us feel more attached to the characters.

I feel that they shouldn't remove the option for it, rather they should make it available to users via the Nintendo eShop via a free download or a $5-$10 purchase, cause money grubbing Nintendo). Most games state a disclaimer that DLC or online gameplay can/will potentially affect the original ESRB rating; so I don't understand the purpose of removing Skinship in it's entirety without making it accessible to people who will actually want it.

They have Resident Evil Mercenaries on the eShop, a rated M game where you blow zombie brains out and battle all sorts of mutated experiments; but petting kawaifus is a no-no?

I believe that the most legitimate excuse given to us as to why they would remove the skinship aspect is that American voice actors are probably unwilling to do those types of voiceovers; artist integrity/morals/standards and whatnot. Also, the game has tons of characters; it would cost a fortune to pay each actor for their lines.

Hopefully NoA can stop being so extreme (if this rumor is even true), and give the adult fans an option to include skinship while still keeping it regulated.

I feel that they shouldn't remove the option for it, rather they should make it available to users via the Nintendo eShop via a free download or a $5-$10 purchase, cause money grubbing Nintendo). Most games state a disclaimer that DLC or online gameplay can/will potentially affect the original ESRB rating; so I don't understand the purpose of removing Skinship in it's entirety without making it accessible to people who will actually want it.

They have Resident Evil Mercenaries on the eShop, a rated M game where you blow zombie brains out and battle all sorts of mutated experiments; but petting kawaifus is a no-no?

I believe that the most legitimate excuse given to us as to why they would remove the skinship aspect is that American voice actors are probably unwilling to do those types of voiceovers; artist integrity/morals/standards and whatnot. Also, the game has tons of characters; it would cost a fortune to pay each actor for their lines.

Hopefully NoA can stop being so extreme (if this rumor is even true), and give the adult fans an option to include skinship while still keeping it regulated.

My only problem with the idea that the VAs wouldn't want to do those lines is that it is no different than what other actors do in movies. I just can't see it as more embarrassing than having to film a sex scene or extremely sappy love scene in a movie on the big screen. If they are that uncomfortable with it then maybe they need to rethink their job as an actor.

I think removing it then adding it with a price tag on the eshop would only make it worst. Possibly the worst thing Nintendo could do at that point. It would guarantee a boycott of their games, or some kind of huge backlash for them at that point.

Edited by Tolvir

DLC content is considered a part of the product. If NoA didn't find it in their interests to include the feature in the localization, there is no reason why it would show up as DLC.

My only problem with the idea that the VAs wouldn't want to do those lines is that it is no different than what other actors do in movies. I just can't see it as more embarrassing than having to film a sex scene or extremely sappy love scene in a movie on the big screen. If they are that uncomfortable with it then maybe they need to rethink their job as an actor.

I think removing it then adding it with a price tag on the eshop would only make it worst. Possibly the worst thing Nintendo could do at that point. It would guarantee a boycott of their games, or some kind of huge backlash for them at that point.

Hence why, I said either a free download or a priced one. Of course free is preferred.

Not every actor is privy to those types of scenes... That's why they also hire body doubles to perform those types of scenes, as well as stunts. Some actors prefer to do their own stunts, others don't. Acting is a type of art itself, and everyone portrays art differently.

It would be the worst thing Nintendo could do, but then again you have to look at the marketing that many game companies are going for nowadays. Practically everything is a pay-to-play and is sold in parts. Take games like Destiny for instance; make a whole game, rip it to pieces, sell the main game for $60 and sell extra, already completed content for $20-$30. Not saying that this is a good approach, it's a terrible one that is destroying games for what they are. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Nintendo is pretty much used to backlash at this point with the way they insist on making everything family friendly. Nintendo is already trying their hand at pay-to-plays; just look at Pokemon Picross and Shuffle.

DLC content is considered a part of the product. If NoA didn't find it in their interests to include the feature in the localization, there is no reason why it would show up as DLC.

Selling a high demand, already completed piece of content for an extra premium isn't in NoA's interest? Making more money for less work isn't considered an interest? I thought that would be everybody's interest. I must be on the wrong planet in that case. I see a lot of people up in arms about it not being included in the localization, old and new fans.

Just my perspective. I'm not trying to enter into a debate, this is going off of my own personal experience with marketing for different games and companies.