What Could Skinship Be Replaced With?

Captain Karnage

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that dual audio is a thing, and audio takes up a lot of space. This is why games like Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Bravely Default use much more space than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Super Smash Bros.

Record breaker doesn't have dual audio though unless the files are just in there and unusable. unless I misunderstood your post.

really hoping for dual audio in this game though I really dislike most of the voices in the english dub.

Record breaker doesn't have dual audio though unless the files are just in there and unusable. unless I misunderstood your post.

really hoping for dual audio in this game though I really dislike most of the voices in the english dub.

Clarification: Record Breaker is 100% sprite based; however, it has full voice acting. This is why it uses far more space than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, a game with a lot of content, but limited voice acting.

Hence why, I said either a free download or a priced one. Of course free is preferred.

Not every actor is privy to those types of scenes... That's why they also hire body doubles to perform those types of scenes, as well as stunts. Some actors prefer to do their own stunts, others don't. Acting is a type of art itself, and everyone portrays art differently.

It would be the worst thing Nintendo could do, but then again you have to look at the marketing that many game companies are going for nowadays. Practically everything is a pay-to-play and is sold in parts. Take games like Destiny for instance; make a whole game, rip it to pieces, sell the main game for $60 and sell extra, already completed content for $20-$30. Not saying that this is a good approach, it's a terrible one that is destroying games for what they are. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Nintendo is pretty much used to backlash at this point with the way they insist on making everything family friendly. Nintendo is already trying their hand at pay-to-plays; just look at Pokemon Picross and Shuffle.

Selling a high demand, already completed piece of content for an extra premium isn't in NoA's interest? Making more money for less work isn't considered an interest? I thought that would be everybody's interest. I must be on the wrong planet in that case. I see a lot of people up in arms about it not being included in the localization, old and new fans.

Just my perspective. I'm not trying to enter into a debate, this is going off of my own personal experience with marketing for different games and companies.

Oh, I don't doubt that Nintendo could make a killing by selling Skinship as separate paid DLC, but that would enrage a lot of players (most of whom would still buy it, lel).

What I mean is, if if Nintendo of America finds the material inappropriate enough to remove it from the base game, they aren't going to turn around and offer it as a DLC. It's not like there was DLC to un-censor the swimsuit DLC in Awakening. DLC to fix other DLC? Like that would ever happen! Oh...Invisible History...right.

They won't replace it with anything... that would require spending money on any territory outside of Japan which is a hilarious idea.

This is Nintendo of America, they remove Skinship, replace it with nothing.

You guys did read the first post, right?

but here's the kicker the "!" symbol still appears above my room in some of the localized english videos.

so if skinship is still in the game, well that's no big deal, if it's not then we have to ask what's going to happen in myroom?

We have every reason to believe that skinship has been replaced. We just have no idea what it could be.

Edited by Hunter Saltblood

Personally, I think the original skinship will still be there. The Kotaku quote is REALLY vague, and I don't trust them at all. In the event that it does get replaced, I think they would still use the 2D assets for something. It's one of the more well-known features in the game, so I'd doubt they'd let that go to waste. I'm thinking that we'll get some kind of conversation game, or maybe a conversation "cutscene" in which the character talks without any sort of input (though that would be really boring). Additionally, if we're seeing the "!" this late in the localization process, it tells me that some sort of social function is being implemented. I severely doubt they'd invest in translating the feature and then just drop it completely.

Most likely it will be a "conversation" with them. Probably what ever lines they are supposed to say, and then your support raises, the end. Or no replacement at all, which I fear might be the likely result because I don't trust any company anymore to NOT be lazy with their work. So many companies like Blizzard and EA are so lazy with their work that either features that were promise never get implemented (Blizzard with World of Warcraft) or put out a half baked game to add the rest in later with a $15 price tag (EA).

To be honest what I think the best feature would be is some sort of conversation. It makes sense for both romantic and non romantic supports, and would be something like going to the tavern with said person. Makes sense for the time period, and is perfect for using live 2d models. Go a step further and be able to implement the ability to ask questions, things like where they are from, how they grew up, why they are the class they are, etc. Give us more background information to make us feel more attached to the characters.

Most likely they won't go to that extent though. Probably gives you a text box saying "You and X had a pleasant conversation!" instead of actually conversing with them.

My only problem with the idea that the VAs wouldn't want to do those lines is that it is no different than what other actors do in movies. I just can't see it as more embarrassing than having to film a sex scene or extremely sappy love scene in a movie on the big screen. If they are that uncomfortable with it then maybe they need to rethink their job as an actor.

I think removing it then adding it with a price tag on the eshop would only make it worst. Possibly the worst thing Nintendo could do at that point. It would guarantee a boycott of their games, or some kind of huge backlash for them at that point.

You do know many VAs in Awakening were, in fact, part of the Bible Black english dub cast. I am sure that they'd much rather do a few embarrassing lines than miss on a paycheck and they can always use a pseudonym any time or remove their name from the credits. Do you know how many games Laura Bailey does voices and goes unaccredited for?

Integ made me sit in the time out corner so I'm bring it here. /s

In all seriousness like I said, there should totally be Nohrian Idol. Them singing. Please Nintendo.

Now we need to figure out what the exclamation point is, it's gotta be something new.

iwanttobelieve

Just watch, it's going to be Anna telling you to stop playing after hour or two.

Anna : "You have been playing for too long. Now, go and buy my DLC!"

Kamui : "...How do you get in my treehouse?"

(I'm sorry, I just wanted to be funny.)