Top 5 Males and females in Elibe and Magvel

TheAstraWolf

1- wolt

2- roy

(ps: the world is truly blessed for having more than one person with this top 2)

3- lucius

4- forde

5- innes (it was hard to choose a 5th place though)

1- clarine

2- niime

3- serra

4- lute

5- lilina

Edited by Axie

Dudes:

Overall     Elibe      Magvel
1. Seth        Hector     Seth
2. Hector      Lucius     Gerik
3. Lucius      Hawkeye    Joshua
4. Gerik       Pent       Duessel
5. Hawkeye     Marcus     Saleh
Ladies

Overall/Elibe     Magvel
1. Echidna           Eirika
2. Miledy            L'arachel
3. Niime             Marisa
4. Vaida             Tethys
5. Isadora           Lute

Top 5 Males (Elibe):

1. Roy: I'm one of the people that actually likes Roy. I like his design a lot, the colors all seem to mesh well. I like his personality, too. He doesn't seem as boring as a lot of people seem to think he is. In fact, I'd say he's one of the most interesting protagonists in the series! It is true that he has some of the same traits as other heroes, like Marth, but he has enough differences to make him unique. As a unit, he's not the best, but he gets the Sword of Seals! And since that is my favorite weapon in the series, that just adds to how awesome Roy is.

2. Eliwood: I like Eliwood's design a lot. It is similar to Roy's, they are father and son after all, so that probably helps a bit. Still. His personality is good, too. He does seem like the kindhearted ruler you'd normally see from a protagonist like him, but everything he goes through in his game gives him a lot of good, genuine character development that just makes him more awesome. He generally always turns out pretty well for me as a unit, but I know he can be a bit hit-and-miss.

3. Sain: Sain is awesome! He's a hilarious, amusing character, his antics and conversations are genuinely entertaining. Viewing each of his conversations is a joy! His design is cool too, I like his green armor and just overall look. His headband is pretty cool. And as a unit, he's always my go-to mounted horse unit. I know others are arguably better, but I like how he generally turns out.

4. Matthew: I love Matthew's story. His character arc is a true highlight of the game! From his work as a spy for Ostia, his tragic relationship with Leila, and his hatred and eventual forgiveness of Jaffar, he's an overall really good character. His design is pretty cool, fitting for someone of his character and class. The scarf is neat. And as a unit, well he's good at what he's supposed to do! But he can also be a fairly competent combat unit as well.

5. Heath: I really like Heath's design. That hair, man. That hair is pretty awesome! His artwork is cool, I like the way his wyvern looks a lot! His character is pretty cool, although you could say it is the usual "knight on the run from his own country" kind of character. Still, I like it. As a unit, he takes a bit of training, but I generally get him to turn out pretty well.

Top 5 Females (Elibe):

1. Lyn: Ah, Lyn. My favorite character in the entire series. I think she's really awesome! I love her character, her backstory is tragic and her growth throughout the game is good. Don't listen to naysayers! She's great! Her design is good, I like the design of her clothes and her overall style, it fits her well. I like the green color of her hair, too. As a unit, I know she can be like Eliwood and be a bit hit-and-miss, but I usually always get her to be pretty great. She's always pretty dodge-happy, gets constant critical hits, and super fast.

2. Fiora: I like Fiora a lot because I feel like there are certain aspects about her that I can relate to, at least somewhat. There's just some parts of her character that I can see in myself. There are just some things about her that I can understand, ya know? I like her design a lot, too. Her armor looks good, and I like her hair a lot. And as a unit, she usually takes a bit of training for me, but in the end she's always one of my very best units.

3. Tate: Like Fiora, there are certain aspects about Tate that I feel like I can relate to. She's a somewhat similar character to Fiora, so it makes sense. Her design is similar as well, except she has shorter hair, and her hair might be a slightly different tint. And, like Fiora, she usually takes a bit of training to get her going, but she can usually turn out pretty well.

4. Lilina: I like her design, she looks perfect to be Hector's daughter. Her blue hair is great! Her personality is good too, it's kinda-sorta opposite of Hector's, but that also seems really fitting for her. I like her relationship with Roy and building it up. And as a unit, she's been referred to as a magical version of Hector several times, and I'd say that could be accurate so long as you train her well enough.

5. Ninian: Like Matthew and Eliwood, everything Ninian goes through in the story really helps her character. I suppose many would disagree with me on this, but oh well. Her design is really cool too, there's just something about it that I like. As a unit, she's useful, just like everyone else of her class. I mean, who doesn't want to go again in the same turn?

Honorable Mentions: Hector, Canas, Legault, Klein, Perceval, Noah, Rebecca, Nino, Priscilla, Milady, Cecilia, Fae.

Top 5 Males (Magvel):

1. Ephraim: Ephraim is really awesome! I love his character, I like how strategic and battle-smart he is. I mean, taking on an entire castle with only a couple other guys to back you up? And then actually succeed? I mean, sure, one of his men was a traitor, but still! His design is really cool too, I really like the color of his hair and the design of his outfit. Plus, those battle animations are amazing! As a unit, he's beastly. That's all that needs to be said.

2. Lyon: The tragedy of Lyon is perhaps one of my favorite stories in all of video games. Lyon as a character is so good, and so tragic. Everything is just written very well, from his flashbacks with Ephraim and Eirika to his interactions with them while possessed. He's just a great, tragic character. His design is pretty cool, I like his purple/pink hair, it seems to go well with his overall design.

3. Joshua: Another character that I feel is written very well. His story in the game is one of the cool little side things you get to experience in Eirika's route, and I think it helps develop Magvel a bit more. Joshua starts out as a good character, and develops into an even better one. He's really awesome! I like his design a lot too, especially that hat! As a unit, he's my favorite character of his class in the entire series.

4. Dozla: Dozla is absolutely hilarious! Not in the same way as Sain, though. Dozla's humor is more of a...outrageous kind? If that makes sense? Anyway, he's so jolly and happy, and he has so many just funny moments! His design is pretty cool, I like the green of his hair in contrast to the red of his armor. As a unit, I like using him, even though he's not the best.

5. Gilliam: I really like Gilliam's green armor, and his facial hair. His design is pretty great! As a character, you could say he's the usual "devoted knight" kind of character, but I still like him. In his conversations, you learn that he is left-handed, and I thought that was really cool! I'm also left-handed and it's rarer than most people think to see a character that shares that with you. As a unit, he's always on my team, he can pack a punch!

Top 5 Females (Magvel):

1. Eirika: I like Eirika a lot, I know a lot of people say she's gullible and stuff but I think that sorta adds to her character. It makes her a bit different than other protagonists, and I feel that by the end of the game she's gone through some genuine growth as a character. I like her relationship with Lyon, and the way it tragically ends. Her design is pretty cool, she has the same cool hair color as Ephraim, perhaps just a bit lighter. As a unit, she's not as good as others, like Ephraim, but she's still pretty good.

2. Tana: Tana is a great unit! She can destroy things left and right once she's got some training. As a character she's good, she has good conversations with Cormag, and I like her stuff with Ephraim as well. As for her design, it's pretty cool. Her ponytail is a bit poofy, but it doesn't look bad by any means.

3. L'Arachel: Another hilarious character. Nearly every moment she's a part of is funny! The way her character is played out is great, she's definitely shown in a comic way, but then she also gets some serious moments that show she really does know what she's doing. Her design is pretty cool, her constant smile suits her character well and I'm not sure I've ever seen that hairstyle on anyone else in the series, besides Ethlyn. As a unit, I don't use her all that often, by the time I get her I already have a pretty good healer.

4. Natasha: Natasha's relationship with Joshua is part of the reason I like her so much. She seems like a good match for him, and she plays off him really well in my opinion. Her overall character and the rest of her conversations are good, but her relationship with Joshua is the real winner for me. Her design is nice, it's simple yet fitting for someone of her character and class. As a unit, I generally favor her over Moulder, and I usually have her trained up pretty well by the time L'Arachel joins.

5. Selena: I like Selena for some of the same reasons I like Lyon. She's a tragic character. Rather than following Duessel and joining Ephraim's group, she decides to stay loyal to her country and trust that it's the right thing to do. After Lloyd, she's probably my favorite tragic side-villain. Her design is really good, too. I hope it doesn't sound creepy, but I think she's very pretty.

Honorable Mentions: Gerik, Innes, Cormag, Myrrh, Marisa, Neimi.

Gents:

Pent: This would be a rare case where I love a unit for being a great unit instead of a great character. Pent's recruitment chapter where he shows he has zero need to be rescued from bandits by single handily slaughtering those bandits was a great introduction. From that point onward Pent remains a gift that keeps on giving. You get a fully trained sage very early and he can heal like the best.

Nergal: Generic as he may be I think he really works as a villain.

Hector: A rare axe wielding lord with greats stats, great personality, great plot reference and plenty of hidden depth in him. Hector is one of the better lords out there period.

The fourth place is where I will cheat by putting down all three of the orphan amigo's. On their own Lugh, Ray and Chad are your run of the mill shota's. Chad is the responsible one, Lugh the innocent one and Ray is the cynical one. They are likable enough individually but I mainly like them because of the interaction they have with one another. So all three get the spot.

Caellach: Caellach is a great villain in that he's completely immoral while being a completely rational man. He's not kissing up to dark gods, he's not mad and he doesn't fail in any noble motives. Caellach does everything for Caellach's own pleasure and I think that makes him stand out among the villains.

Galls:

Niime: I don't think Fire emblem has had a character like Niime before or since her introduction. Having an elderly woman playable is pretty rare in the games. I find her generally rude attitude amusing and her supports are all pretty good.

Vaida: A lot of what goes for Niime goes for her as well. Scarred and very aggressive ladies are ones we are in very short supply of.

L'arachel: A cute and VERY funny character with enough plot relevance to have enough screentime to show that off.

Serra: Same reasons as the gall above.

Liliana:

Males

Unit-wise

1. Joshua

2. Rutger

3. Hector

4. Lucius

5. Ross

Personality-wise

1. Joshua

2. Legault