FE5 PM 0% growths, SSS rank with commentary (complete)

dondon151

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i'd upvote that if i could

Chapter 7 is completed in 7 turns.

Chapter information

New characters

YvaifcN.png

Shiva (シヴァ) - Swordfighter L4
6 mov | pursuit critical coefficient = 4 | 0 leadership stars
Skills: Sol

Shiva looked edgy and cool back when he first showed up in chapter 2x, and we really could've used him a couple of chapters earlier while Leif was bumbling his way out of Manster. He looks good on paper, but an unpromoted infantry sword user doesn't bring much to the team in the upcoming chapters.

Mechanics notes

Fatigue

We’ve neglected fatigue for the time being because there hasn’t yet been a chapter with a deployment menu (chapter 8 is the first), but it’s been silently increasing in the background over the last few chapters. Each unit has a fatigue counter, visible on his second stat page, that increments upon completing certain actions. The fatigue counter carries over between chapters. If a unit’s fatigue counter exceeds his max HP at the outset of a chapter, the game won’t let the player deploy that unit. Units who are not deployed reset their fatigue counters for the following chapter.

Units gain fatigue when they:

• participate in a round of combat (1 point)
  • fight in the arena (1 point)
  • use the dance command (1 point)
  • use a staff (E rank = 1 point, up to A rank = 5 points; prf rank = 5 points)

Combat units rarely, if ever, have to worry about fatigue given smart and efficient play. Staffers tend to have the lowest HP and gain the most fatigue per action, so they are greatly hindered by this mechanic. Managing staffer fatigue is an important consideration while planning a SSS rank playthrough.

I was wondering how you were going to recruit Shiva while running straight into him with the wrong people... it's a good thing Thracia is full of pathological kidnappers!

I personally just opt to kill Shiva in regular runs but I assume dondon's doing full recruitment.

Full recruitment is required for SSS.

Xavier is going to be fun.

Out of curiosity, why did you use Grafcalibur in the arena with Asvel? I figured you would need to preserve Grafcalibur uses...

(I know you probably have this calculated but figured I would ask for shits and giggles).

the arena gives you a weapon

asvel's highest weapon rank is wind so the arena gives him wind

Ohhhh.

I guess the animations being turned off then suddenly on threw me off a bit.

I'm dumb. And also thought it was FE4's arena... for... some dumb reason.

Edited by Colonel M

Yeah, I think in FE4 you can do stuff like Move -> Attack Enemy -> Canto into a castle -> fight in the arena / buy / repair / sell -> canto out of the castle -> talk / give money to a unit all within the same turn if everything lines up.

Edited by Yojinbo

I noticed that you used an extra grafcaleber use. Will this hurt latter? On a related note, are there any weapons/items that you use all/almost all of the uses of?

the extra grafcalibur use is a bummer but i still have enough for the rest of the game, it just means that asvel can't proc adept at stupid times when he would kill a boss anyway

fire sword gets nearly broken. brave axe runs pretty low too. i broke the rapier already, and of course staves will pretty much all get broken by the end. i'll also eat through several wind tomes.

Edited by dondon151

the extra grafcalibur use is a bummer but i still have enough for the rest of the game, it just means that asvel can't proc adept at stupid times when he would kill a boss anyway

fire sword gets nearly broken. brave axe runs pretty low too. i broke the rapier already, and of course staves will pretty much all get broken by the end. i'll also eat through several wind tomes.

Out of curiosity, do you ever use any A rank tomes or are they too annoying to obtain and get the rank for?