FE5 PM 0% growths, SSS rank with commentary (complete)

dondon151

you have to rescue them in chapter 21x in SSS rank

currently i have 10 ditched units to contend with

Out of curiosety, how many units do you ditch total?

Also, i was kind of surprised when you sold that thunderstorm, given that you said you were going to use one. When do you get the ones that you actualy use?

Edited by sirmola

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll find out

ilios comes with a bolting

I should have remembered that, given that i took his stuff in my playthrough.

• 3 weeks later...

16000 views on tsi page. Oofta. Makov and ddofo good stuff. I hope this project doesn't end up dying.

Wow! There have been over 16,000 views to this thread alone. I hope that Markov and dondon151 do not allow this project to die out.

Has anyone tried to do an SSS rank without paragon mode, or is it impossible? All the SSS ranks I've seen involves the mode. Not saying what you're doing isn't impressive. I'm just curious.

Edited by Illiterate Scholar

It's definately possible without Paragon mode. I'm pretty sure dondon could have done it on 0% but it would involve rigging a bunch of staff misses which is just tedious and time consuming.

It's definately possible without Paragon mode. I'm pretty sure dondon could have done it on 0% but it would involve rigging a bunch of staff misses which is just tedious and time consuming.

No paragon and rigging abuses. No RNG abuses either. Just plain old beat the game and get SSS rank with no tricks.

No paragon and rigging abuses. No RNG abuses either. Just plain old beat the game and get SSS rank with no tricks.

From what I understand, dondon is playing Paragon Mode for this run solely because of the increased reliability, not because it's not possible otherwise. Everything works without the increased EXP, but you'd have to reset more due to misses and such. Since his units obviously aren't gaining any stats when they level up anyway, the only benefit to the increased EXP gain (that I'm aware of) is to get units to promotion sooner.

He'd also have to solo a bunch of enemies with Asvel to get to promotion too, iirc.

Yeah. It's apparently ludicrously unreliable to do that, but i seem to recall him saying staff rank was the main thing. THere might not actualy be enough turns to do it normally, because hamerne gives 10 WEXP, while mend only gives 2. Dondon promotes early, but a normal run apperently can't get the exp to do that As it is, dondon is intentionaly damaging party members to use staffs the maximum amount. THere is simply no time for 20 more staff uses.

Edited by sirmola

you can probably blow up to 14 turns playing chapters 10 and 11 without using staves while training saphy to L10 during that extra time in normal mode. she pretty much definitely has to reach A rank staves by chapter 11x though. maybe spend some of those surplus turns more reliably training asvel instead.

also mend isn't obtainable until surprisingly late in the game IIRC, but 2 physic staves plus change will do the trick.

Edited by dondon151

There was movie in nicovideo getting SSS by choosing Non-Paragon mode, Melfiya Forrest route and choosing Cyas. No RNG burn, No Movement Stars, No move growth,,, as same rules as dondon. All I remember is that the movie cleared chapter 18 in 9 turns, while he persuaded all Lenster knights in 1 turn at 7th turn. Then he cleared 173 turns.

Most of playthrough was similar to dondon so far except dondon makes Saffy learn Paragon skill but Tina. But since he chosen Melfiya Forrest route and dondon chosen Nohrden route, it will make difference. I am pretty looking forward to it.

Edited by daisukiitalia

Non-paragon Safy can reach level 10 without Hammerne misses by the end of 8x by abusing poison bow hunters (with low attack rolls) in chapter 8. 0% growths Asvel definitely has no reliable way of reaching level 10 at a reasonable stage. Growths Asvel (non-paragon) on the other hand has some risky encounters but can definitely reach level 10 without excessive rigging.

Non-paragon Safy can reach level 10 without Hammerne misses by the end of 8x by abusing poison bow hunters (with low attack rolls) in chapter 8. 0% growths Asvel definitely has no reliable way of reaching level 10 at a reasonable stage. Growths Asvel (non-paragon) on the other hand has some risky encounters but can definitely reach level 10 without excessive rigging.

Actually not, Asvel can reach level 10. In chapter 5 you also don't need rely on Asvel to kill numerous enemies, but Nanna that used speed-ring and live-ring.If Asvel killed the three enemies, 2 bishops, boss, dark bishop, dark marg, and Sniper, you reach level 8 or 9 without paragon mode. So if it's paragon mode you must reach level 10. If not, in chapter 6 Asvel kill some enemy at 1st turn and reach level 10 definitely, and you can clear at 7th turn in that way.

I don't like relying on Asvel in chapter 5, since Evel also has the reset possibility. Well, it ends in 15 turns so doesn't make any difference, though.

Edited by daisukiitalia

Actually not, Asvel can reach level 10. In chapter 5 you also don't need rely on Asvel to kill numerous enemies, but Nanna that used speed-ring and live-ring.If Asvel killed the three enemies, 2 bishops, boss, dark bishop, dark marg, and Sniper, you reach level 8 or 9 without paragon mode. So if it's paragon mode you must reach level 10. If not, in chapter 6 Asvel kill some enemy at 1st turn and reach level 10 definitely, and you can clear at 7th turn in that way.

I don't like relying on Asvel in chapter 5, since Evel also has the reset possibility. Well, it ends in 15 turns so doesn't make any difference, though.

That results in taking away the Life Ring from Safy though which then you pretty much have to rely on Hammerne miss-rigging for A rank staves. That said, I think Pure Water Nanna+Speed Ring Asvel should work just as well in 0% growths in letting Asvel kill the promoted enemies in chapter 5.

That results in taking away the Life Ring from Safy though which then you pretty much have to rely on Hammerne miss-rigging for A rank staves. That said, I think Pure Water Nanna+Speed Ring Asvel should work just as well in 0% growths in letting Asvel kill the promoted enemies in chapter 5.

You can get Live-ring in chapter 4x and clear in 8 turns. Also, you don't need Hammerne miss even in non-Paragon mode to reach A rank stave until 10.

Pure Water makes mages not attacking Nanna (Asvel has chance to adjust just like dondon's playing).

Edited by daisukiitalia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...