Compilation of Voice Clips

Hunter Nightblood

A user on Reddit compiled a bunch of the voice clips into three convenient videos.

Azura, Camilla, Takumi, Kaden, Kaze, Hana, Nyx, Arthur, Beruka

Selena, Rinkah, Sakura, Saizo, Subaki, Hinoka, Leo, Scarlet, Ryoma, Niles Odin.

Felicia, Effie, Male Corrin, Mikoto, Xander, Yukimura, Garon.

As a person who usually uses dubs and barely heard the Japanese voice acting, these voices seem fine to me. Edited by Hunter Saltblood

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effie confirmed for She Hulk

Her voice is deeper than I would have imagined that's for sure. I know she supposed to be the ridiculously strong, training obsessed girl but the localization team could have given her a more feminine voice to match her appearance instead of making her sound like a cave woman.

The sound quality definitely isn't the greatest; they sound a bit muffled and warbled.

EDIT: For real, I think the little brothers, Kaden, and Beruka have the best voice acting.

Edited by The DanMan

I like everyone in the first video except for Nyx. Beruka is definitely my favorite, does anyone have any idea who she might be? I said in another thread that I thought she was Carrie Keranen after the first line but I don't think it is her anymore.

In the second I really don't like Hinoka's voice, but I never really used her anyways(well I always brought her along, but I usually preferred using Matoi). Rinkah, Scarlet, and Niles sound absolutely amazing imo.

For the 3rd, Felicia is really growing on me and she sounds really familiar. Effie is kind of... strange, but I will wait to hear more. Everyone else is pretty good, especially Mikoto and Yukimura.

WOW, Kaden is too perfect. That voice is awesome. I'm pretty sure it's Vic Mignogna too, sounds a lot like his Keldeo in the Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice Pokemon movie! Also, whoa, Saizo. Loving that deep voice there. :o

Sakura sounds too old, imo. Felicia sounds better than her Japanese voice (so... high...pitched...ouch), but still bad. She sounds almost robotic...

Everyone else sounds good to me though! I still think there's a high chance that Hinoka is Ashleigh Ball, aka Rainbow Dash and Applejack in MLP! She sounds a lot like the former!

Edited by Anacybele

I like everyone in the first video except for Nyx. Beruka is definitely my favorite, does anyone have any idea who she might be? I said in another thread that I thought she was Carrie Keranen after the first line but I don't think it is her anymore.

In the second I really don't like Hinoka's voice, but I never really used her anyways(well I always brought her along, but I usually preferred using Matoi). Rinkah, Scarlet, and Niles sound absolutely amazing imo.

For the 3rd, Felicia is really growing on me and she sounds really familiar. Effie is kind of... strange, but I will wait to hear more. Everyone else is pretty good, especially Mikoto and Yukimura.

Nyx's retreat quote sounds okay; it's just her battle grunts that sound shrill.

I want to think that Beruka miiiight be Cassandra Lee, but I don't know for certain. Two Nintendo games with somewhat controversial localization changes for her to comment on.

As for Felicia,... I'm hearing bits of vanilla-Persona 4 Chie.

the only ones I found actually pretty bad are felicia and hinoka

while I feel felicia's is... a less good performance, hinoka's voice just sounds bad. NOHRIAN SCUM does not sound very good.

the ones I find pretty good are rinkah, niles, arthur, and scarlet

kaden's is pretty good too

the rest I mostly found meh-bad

although I guess some of it is because the lines they say aren't particularly great either

Edited by maybe

I'm glad Niles doesn't sound as stereotypically-gay-flamboyant-cock-sucker as me and all my friends first thought. It really is a relief and a load of my shoulders to know his voice was completely fucked over lol. Feels good man.

Here are my guesses so far:

Kaden: I'm pretty sure it's Bryce Papenbrook (Henry), but I do agree with some people in the thread that it could be Vic Mignogna too.

Hana: I think it's all but confirmed to be Karen Strassman (Olivia and Anna)

Scarlet: Not sure about anyone else, but I think it could be Amanda C. Miller (Sully)

Odin: I think it's safe to say Kaiji is back

Selena: I'm pretty sure that was Julie Ann Taylor too

Other than those, Felicia KINDA sounds like Erin Fitzgerald to me, but there are a few lines that go against that. All in all, aside from Felicia and Hinoka, I actually think everything sounds pretty solid. I like the direction for Nyx's voice more than I expected and I actually think the little sisters sound pretty good.

EDIT: Not sure what I was thinking with Beruka, as that is almost certainly Stephanie Sheh

Edited by Avalanche

Call me a weeaboo or whatever, but... my goodness. There is not a single good voice in these games. Not one.

I didn't think this was possible. Treehouse deserves a reward.

but at least best boy Saizou has the least ear-wrenching voice

Call me a weeaboo or whatever, but... my goodness. There is not a single good voice in these games. Not one.

I didn't think this was possible. Treehouse deserves a reward.

but at least best boy Saizou has the least ear-wrenching voice

There's "I don't like any of the voices in this game", and there's "There is not a single good voice in these games. Not one. I didn't think this was possible. Treehouse deserves a reward."

One of them is giving your two cents and stating your opinion, the other is passing off your opinion as blunt fact.

People seem to be wondering who Beruka is voiced by. Just wanted to chime in and say that's definitely Stephanie Sheh, I would bet money on it. She also voiced Tharja and Kjelle in Awakening.

I heard somewhere that Arthur might be voiced by the Super Smash Bros. 4 announcer. Don't know if it's true, but it'd be hilarious if it was.

Odin and Selena don't quite sound like they're using the same voice actors from Awakening. That might just be me, though.

Overall, I'd say my favorites are Takumi, Leo, Silas, and Kaden. They seem to have fitting voices and good delivery. Kaden's laugh is hysterical. Ryoma also has a contagious laugh. I thought I'd miss Niles's deep voice as Zero, but I'm really liking his English voice, too.

The only two I don't really like are Hinoka and Felicia. I think Hinoka sounds a little too raspy and immature, while Felicia's delivery just does not sound good, imo. Effie's voice is also a little jarring, but I haven't heard much of it yet.

Odin and Selena don't quite sound like they're using the same voice actors from Awakening. That might just be me, though.

I think they have the same VA, but because of character development/Odin and Selena growing up, the VAs probably altered their performance to fit that. They're definitely not in their teens anymore.

Nice to see that the localization seems ok so far. Some of the voices aren't ones I was expecting (Felicia and Effie obviously, Camilla sounds a bit deeper than expected as well but nothing bad either. Nyx.....well she definitely sounds alot higher than expected, though so far I've only heard battle 'squeaks'?) but it doesn't seem terrible yet.

Beruka I'm 99.9% sure is Stephanie Sheh. Sounds almost exactly like her Ridley voice from Radiata Stories. I'll be very surprised if it isn't her.

Based on these, I'm overall not very impressed with the voice acting (oh my god what did they do to Elfie). With some exceptions, of course. Most of the siblings (sans Hinoka) sound good at least. I'm just not a fan of this localization as a whole. I'm glad I have my imported copy.

They sound pretty different, although it could be the same voice actors. Severa's sounds really familiar, especially when she says "Whatever!", though I'm not sure what it reminds me of. Honestly though, I prefer them to their performances in Awakening. Severa sounds less like she's constantly bitching about something and Owain sounds fucking insane in the best way possible. i hope they don't ruin inigo or i might die a little