Compilation of Voice Clips

Hunter Nightblood

To be fair, his role as Balthier in Final Fantasy XII also showed he was a great voice actor. However, that role was with his natural English accent. With his roles as Balthier and Gaius, I don't think people look past him as much anymore (or at least they shouldn't)

He also voiced a character in Halo 5 (the AI Governor Sloan, if anybody's interested); it seems like he's making headway into voice acting (and ignoring his natural accent) now.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, his role as Balthier in Final Fantasy XII also showed he was a great voice actor. However, that role was with his natural English accent. With his roles as Balthier and Gaius, I don't think people look past him as much anymore (or at least they shouldn't)

Yeah. I'll be entirely honest, I never heard of him before Fire Emblem: Awakening because a lot of the games he's been in, I've never played or I didn't realize he was the voice actor for. Bathier is the prime example. I didn't know it was him until I looked him up because of Gaius.

Voices I like: Silas, Arthur, Odin, Rinkah, Azura, Saizo, Kaze, Camilla, Neils, probably a few others.

Voices I'm a little "eh" on, but still "cautiously optimistic": Nyx, Hinoka, Takumi, Hinata, Beruka, Sakura.

Voices that made me go HUH?!??!: KADEN. Seriously.... what?! I think he's meant to be a prankster, but the distortion combined with his delivery made him sound more like a psychopath... (that psychotic laugh was not what I expected) reminded me a lot of Henry in a BAD way. I expected Peri to be like him, but not Kaden.

Without giving away too many spoilers, could someone please tell me if he's anything like Localized Henry? Because if so, I'm definately reconsidering him as my planned Hoshido marriage for Female Kamui. (Please don't flame me for this, but I don't like Henry very much)

Voices I like: Silas, Arthur, Odin, Rinkah, Azura, Saizo, Kaze, Camilla, Neils, probably a few others.

Voices I'm a little "eh" on, but still "cautiously optimistic": Nyx, Hinoka, Takumi, Hinata, Beruka, Sakura.

Voices that made me go HUH?!??!: KADEN. Seriously.... what?! I think he's meant to be a prankster, but the distortion combined with his delivery made him sound more like a psychopath... (that psychotic laugh was not what I expected) reminded me a lot of Henry in a BAD way. I expected Peri to be like him, but not Kaden.

Without giving away too many spoilers, could someone please tell me if he's anything like Localized Henry? Because if so, I'm definately reconsidering him as my planned Hoshido marriage for Female Kamui. (Please don't flame me for this, but I don't like Henry very much)

I like if either of the furries had to be compared to Henry, it'd be Flannel. I mean, he outright asks if he can eat you in his skinship lines. Like, literally eat. Kaden is more playful than anything else.

I haven't read much in the way of his supports, but what I do know is that he's playful and honor-bound (not screwed-up and sadistic).

The only voice I can say for certain I don't like is Felicia. "WEVE GOT TRUBBL." At least her battle lines/grunts sound okay.

I haven't read much in the way of his supports, but what I do know is that he's playful and honor-bound (not screwed-up and sadistic).

The only voice I can say for certain I don't like is Felicia. "WEVE GOT TRUBBL." At least her battle lines/grunts sound okay.

That's gonna be the new "I WUN'T SURRENDUR!", I'm calling it now.

Meh, I like all the voices except for Hinoka Tommy Pickles and Felicia, although she sounds alright if not good in-battle and I'll be playing a female so I won't have to hear much of her anyway. Otherwise I'm looking forward to the dub since I wasn't crazy about the JP voices anyway. I mean, they were good, but I'm not attached.

I think the distortion of the voice makes Kaden sound more like a localized Henry than intended. That's why I'm on the fence for Kaden's voice. I'd need to hear him outside of his kitsune form.

After thinking on it, here is what I think. Of course, this may change once I've played the game (or hear more voice clips) but whatever.

The voices that I liked : Silas, Arthur, Azura, Rinkah, Sakura, Hana, Leon, Ryoma, Scarlet, Yukimura, at least one of the voices for male!Kamui, Hans, Kaze, and Kaden.

I want to hear more before I judge (not the right word for what I mean but eh lazy) them : Tsubaki, Saizo, Hinata, Oboro, Neils, Camilla, Mikoto, Beruka, Xander, and Takumi.

The voices I didn't really care about : Hinoka, Felicia (although, I think her battle grunts are okay, not the best but better then her "We've got trouble!" voice clip), Nyx, and Effie. Don't know if it counts but... at least one of the voices for female!Kamui.

I don't have much to say about Selena and Odin, not that they were bad or anything, just that I wanted to talk about the other characters.

Edited by December Knight

After thinking on it, here is what I think. Of course, this may change once I've played the game (or hear more voice clips) but whatever.

The voices that I liked : Silas, Arthur, Azura, Rinkah, Sakura, Hana, Leon, Ryoma, Scarlet, Yukimura, at least one of the voices for male!Kamui, Hans, Kaze, and Kaden.

I want to hear more before I judge (not the right word for what I mean but eh lazy) them : Tsubaki, Saizo, Hinata, Oboro, Neils, Camilla, Mikoto, Beruka, Xander, and Takumi.

The voices I didn't really care about : Hinoka, Felicia (although, I think her battle grunts are okay, not the best but better then her "We've got trouble!" voice clip), Nyx, and Effie. Don't know if it counts but... at least one of the voices for female!Kamui.

I don't have much to say about Selena and Odin, not that they were bad or anything, just that I wanted to talk about the other characters.

I'm in the "I want to hear more before I judge" category for all the characters. For me, there's not enough for us to accurately judge any of the voices.

Felicias voice is good for me but what the hell was "We got trouble" line. Thats my compalint and Saizo and Arthur sound amazing. The voice actor of Felicia is not bad, but just that one line is ew. Her other lines are good but that one kills me.

Meh, I like all the voices except for Hinoka Tommy Pickles and Felicia, although she sounds alright if not good in-battle and I'll be playing a female so I won't have to hear much of her anyway. Otherwise I'm looking forward to the dub since I wasn't crazy about the JP voices anyway. I mean, they were good, but I'm not attached.

Haha, are people getting Tommy Pickles vibes from Hinoka? When I heard the NOHRIAN SCUM line I was like, "Dang, is that Buttercup from The Powerpuff Girls?"

Oh, and Gideon Emery was pretty great as Fenris in Dragon Age II. I had no idea he voiced Gaius-- his natural English accent is so distinctive.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees Elizabeth Daily as Hinoka. The resemblance to Tommy and Buttercup is insanely strong, and she's had a video game role: Sprocket in Skylanders: Giants.

I could see Cassandra Lee as Elise from "Try to be at peace..." really easily. Sounds remarkably similar to Lin and she was in a recent Nintendo game.

Since DC Douglas is Gunter, hopefully Caitlin Glass or Cristina Vee has a role. I don't even know as who. Just someone. I love their voices so much.

EDIT: also weird crazy person idea: Adam Howden as Flannel and Carina Reeves as Velour. Weird implications aside of course.

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Kira Buckland just confirmed that's she's not voicing anyone in Fates.

Now I have idea for who Elise's VA is.

Maybe Cassandra Lee?

Cassandra Lee could be Elise. Hard to say.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees Elizabeth Daily as Hinoka. The resemblance to Tommy and Buttercup is insanely strong, and she's had a video game role: Sprocket in Skylanders: Giants.

I could see Cassandra Lee as Elise from "Try to be at peace..." really easily. Sounds remarkably similar to Lin and she was in a recent Nintendo game.

Since DC Douglas is Gunter, hopefully Caitlin Glass or Cristina Vee has a role. I don't even know as who. Just someone. I love their voices so much.

EDIT: also weird crazy person idea: Adam Howden as Flannel and Carina Reeves as Velour. Weird implications aside of course.

As I'm currently working on beating Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, it would be amusing to see Adam and Carina as Flannel and Velour. XD

We've got trouble joins "Bout tiiiiime!" and "Hold! HOOOOLD I SAAAAAY!" in the "FE bad voice acting hall of fame", among others

I think my favorite voice was Garon's, that cutscene sounded really really good! But then again he got the most showcase time.

Other voices I liked were Silas, Scarlet, Camilla, Leon, the tiny bit heard of Ryoma and Yukimura fits quite well. Kaden also sounded nice to me.

I think what killed Felicia's voice in that scene was that at times her voice sounded....strained? Her grunts in battle were ok, though.

Edited by soranauta

The voice directing seems a little dodgy this time around. None of the voices seemed bad but lot of lines seem awkwardly delivered. Couldn't they have been given a second take or something? "That was too close" from Silas has a weird Christopher Walken-esque delivery to it for example.

We'll probably learn Corrin (male and female)'s voice actors come February 3rd since that's when they, Bayonetta, and Umbra Clocktower are scheduled to be released as Smash DLC.

Nintendo of America tweeted that we'll get them in the afternoon of February 3rd and Japan gets it on February 4th.

Edited by KazeNinja17

I love Leon's "I WILL ERASE YOU" and the "ARGH" that promptly follows it. Does anyone else think Leon is like the Kylo Ren of Fire Emblem?

Admittedly no, but now I've GOT to draw Leo as Kylo Ren.

..anyway, the voices.

For the most part, I like them. My thoughts on some of them:

Camilla sounded ki~inda weird in her cutscene, but apart from that I like it. I love her "Sorry darling~!<3"

Hinoka... I'm really not... too sure? about hers, quite yet. It's kinda raspy, I guess. A lot of people are hearing Ash from Pokemon, but personally I'm hearing Tommy Pickles.

And yet, I really liked her "I'll show you!" from the E3 trailer...

Felicia... I suppose it's just another Olivia situation--overly... cute and high-pitched voice in Japanese, with a more mature one for English. Anyway, it's growing on me. I suppose it's just odd delivery on her lines as opposed to an actually bad voice. Her battle quotes sound good, though.

Nyx... well, those squeaks when she attacks and gets hit are kind of. Weird. But her death quote sounded good.

Effie. Too deep. But I'll probably adjust to it eventually, anyway.

Kaden is amazing. "Beautiful, just like me!"

Arthur is perfection.

Rinkah is really good, too. Another one of my favorites alongside Kaden and Arthur.

As for everyone else... they're good. Or at the very least, I don't hate them.

(I guess it just doesn't take a whole lot for me to like English voices?)

Edited by spiderbrush

For the most part, I am happy with most of what I heard for the voices, but some part of me is still crossing my fingers, hoping, praying, making human sacrifices, for dual audio, just because I like being able to choose what I hear, and I did get a little attached to the Japanese voices.

My only real nitpicks are Belka, who I expected to have a deeper voice... For some reason, her sounding so... girlish just felt a little strange. I can't exactly explain it. Nyx was also up there. I guess for some reason I had developed this theory that while her body didn't age, her voice reflect her mental maturity. I blame my experience with Rika Furude in Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni. I don't exactly know why I applied that logic to Nyx, but I did. And Effie kind of speaks for herself. I really did not expect her voice to be so low. She kind of sounds like a football player, and not in the good way. Kaden reminds me of Henry, but I don't think that's so much a bad thing as an odd thing... Yet?

And lastly, for some odd reason, Camilla also sounded a little too... "young". I don't exactly know why. But I suppose when you compare anyone to Miyuki Sawashiro, no one really sounds as good?

I don't mind the English dub of Fates so far. The ones that I really liked are Arthur, Kaden, Beruka, Rinkah, and surprisingly enough, the elder princesses and Nyx.

Why Nyx? Because she's supposed to be a woman trapped in a little girl's body. Why the princesses? Hinoka's voice suits her tomboyish appearance, and even though Camilla sounds a bit older than she should, it kind of emphasizes the fact that she's the mother figure of the Nohrian royalty. But that's just me.

For Beruka, I like her English voice because even though it sounds a bit higher than expected, the flat delivery on most of her lines was excellent, considering she's not that emotional.

Rinkah's voice is spot-on; it suits her warrior nature.

I'm on the fence on Felicia's English voice. It sounds awkward, yet it suits her clumsy nature. I didn't expect Effie's voice to be this deep, too.

My thoughts soo far...

The best ones:

Saizo (The best)

Kaden

Arthur (Perfect)

Selena

Leo

Scarlet (For my surprise)

Yukimura (Another surprise)

Garon

Which I've mixed feelings:

Sakura & Elise

So far I've heard, both sounds a little older, supposedly they should sound a bit younger than this... But of the two, I would say that the VA of sakura doesn't fit at all. Sakura looks like a shy person, but she doesn't sound like a shy person, to my surprise, it sounds better when it comes to a character with strong determination. I think that voice would be better on Flora, to be honest.

Camilla

About Camilla... How do I put this... It's like "the mother figure" she shows is an act, instead of being naturally... Maybe that was the intention. At least Niles, will take advantage of this.

Beruka(Sounds ugly)

I expected something different with her... Why she sounds so adorable and sweet? I don't dislike, but if you know the background of the character... and saying that... and the voice we have here... Isn't what I expected to hear. A killer with a lovely voice.

Niles

I expected a deep and malevolent voice there, I don't think is bad but... The appearance has to go with the voice and I really find it strange... Well it could be worse...you know very well what I'm talking about.

The worst ones:

Hinoka

Oh boy, this is gonna hurt.

It was very difficult not ti laugh when she says Dat"NOHRIAN SCUM", so far (and for now) it's the second worst voice I've heard in this game.

Look I know they want to make each character sounds different but... But... I can't see a heroine with a Emmm...¿stoic? appearance voice and I should take this seriously?

Come on, Arthur is a comic relief character and I take HIM more seriously tha HER.

Maybe she've that voice because MAYBE she doesn't a...*cof*SPOILERS*cof* and only serves as a reminder.

Wow!!That's a very D*CK move NINTENDO & IS.

And I bet anything they did dat voice on purpose to remind people that she e...*cof*SPOILERS*cof* and that's very sad for Hinoka.

Look, I could spend all day playing the same music but I will say this, Dat voice is bad(not terrible, just bad), at least it was funny; but the next one isn't even funny... At all.

Felicia

"WE'VE GOT TROUBLE!"

For once, you're right.

Felicia's voice IS TERRIBLE.

At this time, it's the wort voice in the game.

For some reason, it sounds as if she's bored or something... Put some life into your perfomace lady, we all know that you're not being paid dat much for your service but come on.

I don't know who is responsible for this, but BECAUSE OF YOU, I will curse for the rest of my life to the VA who did DAT voice, BECAUSE OF YOU, SHE WILL NEVER BE "MY WAIFU", BECAUSE OF YOU, she"ll be the main victim in the battlefield as a sacrifice to OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!! Kamui.

YOU!! YOU DID THIS MOTHERF...*cof* The point is that voice sucks hard.

Edited by NB8