Compilation of Voice Clips

Hunter Nightblood

I'm glad Niles doesn't sound as stereotypically-gay-flamboyant-cock-sucker as me and all my friends first thought. It really is a relief and a load of my shoulders to know his voice was completely fucked over lol. Feels good man.

They were saving that for the bandit twins.

These videos were great. Kaden, to me, is definitely Vic Mignogna. I couldn't pick out many others.

Camilla/HInoka/Felicia don't sound bad to me at all. I was expecting Beruka to sound less... soft? Sweet? She sounds like Sailor Moon.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I find funny about Camilla's voice clips? The giggle she does to try and sound cute sounds so bad and I love it. She thinks... No. She "knows" she's sexy and shows it off as much as possible. She's so confident in herself, which makes it very fitting to her character that the way she moves and sounds isn't nearly as sexy as she wants you to believe. So fitting to her character.

Also, every time Hinoka opens her mouth, I giggle out loud. Her voice fits her, but I keep laughing at it, and I don't know why.

Oh, by the way. Uh, if it wasn't already common sense considering the title, there are probably heavy spoilers in here. I had to stop watching midway through when I suspected something super serious was gonna happen.

Edited by Giga Man

I would be devastated if Vic Mignogna was in fact Kaden. I'm not a big fan of Vic and just the thought of him voicing Kaden saddens me.

That being said, I can say that Valerie Arem isn't Camilla like I initially thought since she sounded like a combination of PQ Naoto and Kikyo Konoe from Bravely Default. I tweeted Valerie asking her if she was Camilla and she said that she wasn't. I also see a lot of speculation of Behind the Voice Actor (via the SSB4 page) that Ryoma might be Matthew Mercer. Sakura is confirmed to be voiced by Brianna Knickerbocker via her own website (she also voices Charlotte) and we've know Azura's voice actress, Rena Strober since June/July.

(Phew. Haven't posted on here since Awakening came out. >_> )

Edited by Kaze_Ninja17

I would be devastated if Vic Mignogna was in fact Kaden. I'm not a big fan of Vic and just the thought of him voicing Kaden saddens me.

That being said, I can say that Valerie Arem isn't Camilla like I initially thought since she sounded like a combination of PQ Naoto and Kikyo Konoe from Bravely Default. I tweeted Valerie asking her if she was Camilla and she said that she wasn't. I also see a lot of speculation of Behind the Voice Actor (via the SSB4 page) that Ryoma might be Matthew Mercer. Sakura is confirmed to be voiced by Brianna Knickerbocker via her own website (she also voices Charlotte) and we've know Azura's voice actress, Rena Strober since June/July.

(Phew. Haven't posted on here since Awakening came out. >_> )

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're back!!!! I missed you!!!!!! How have you been?!?!?!?! 8D

I will be so surprised if Ryoma isn't Matt Mercer. If it isn't, they sound eerily similar.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're back!!!! I missed you!!!!!! How have you been?!?!?!?! 8D

I will be so surprised if Ryoma isn't Matt Mercer. If it isn't, they sound eerily similar.

Yeah. It either has to be Matt Mercer or Troy Baker, but since Troy is basically in EVERYTHING that's bigger than Fire Emblem, it's highly unlikely.

Also, am I really the only one that is okay with Hinoka's raspy voice? It may be just me, but you don't hear characters with raspy voices in video games often.

And I've been good, busy with stuff. Hiding out until the next Fire Emblem game came out.

Also, am I really the only one that is okay with Hinoka's raspy voice? It may be just me, but you don't hear characters with raspy voices in video games often.

Nope, I looove Hinoka's voice. I think I love all of the girls' voices, even Felicia. Its nice to have some unique, memorable voices for once.

Yeah. It either has to be Matt Mercer or Troy Baker, but since Troy is basically in EVERYTHING that's bigger than Fire Emblem, it's highly unlikely.

And I've been good, busy with stuff. Hiding out until the next Fire Emblem game came out.

Not gonna lie, every time I hear Hinoka speak I have to struggle not to envision Ash Ketchum. Other than that, its not too bad; I'll just have to get used to it.

That's good! Nice to have you back here again. Now we just need Ace, and it'll be like the old days~! :)

Edited by Silver Lightning

Nope, I looove Hinoka's voice. I think I love all of the girls' voices, even Felicia. Its nice to have some unique, memorable voices for once.

Yeah. That's what I'm mostly taking away from this game. Unlike Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, which had a small cast (most roles done by Lani Minella), Awakening and Fates have what's sounding like a more diverse group of voices. Some may not be ideal to a lot of people, but not everyone is going to have that voice that just sounds amazing (in video games and real life). As long as there's no ear drum splitting voices like Elise's was in the Corrin Smash Reveal, I'll be fine.

Not gonna lie, every time I hear Hinoka speak I have to struggle not to envision Ash Ketchum. Other than that, its not too bad; I'll just have to get used to it.

That's good! Nice to have you back here again. Now we just need Ace, and it'll be like the old days~! :)

That's true. To be honest, it would be pretty neat to hear Veronica Taylor in another role since Ash (she's not a bad VA, 4Kids had a bad dubbing company and standards) or Sarah Natocheny would be interesting too. XD The only voice actor, I'd rather not hear in this game is Vic Mignogna. >_>

I'll probably try to be here more often. Just trying to stay away from nerd-ragey topics and posts since that's all tumblr seems to be right now regarding Fire Emblem Fates.

Oh god Felicia's voice is really not good. I swear none in Awakening were that... well, low quality I guess. It sounds like they pulled some random drunk girl off the street and asked her to record some lines for a free pint, though that may be the fault of the voice director, not the actress.

Kadens voice was great, and Niles was pretty good. Rinkah's and Crimsons were decent, and Camilla sounded like I would expect her to. I don't even know what was going on with Effie...

I can't find this infamous "Nohriam scum" line from Hinoka, but I'm still laughing at "WEEV GUT TRUBOULE". Seriously, I could have sworn it was a guy speaking!

Edited by EJ107

Yeah. That's what I'm mostly taking away from this game. Unlike Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, which had a small cast (most roles done by Lani Minella), Awakening and Fates have what's sounding like a more diverse group of voices. Some may not be ideal to a lot of people, but not everyone is going to have that voice that just sounds amazing (in video games and real life). As long as there's no ear drum splitting voices like Elise's was in the Corrin Smash Reveal, I'll be fine.

That's true. To be honest, it would be pretty neat to hear Veronica Taylor in another role since Ash (she's not a bad VA, 4Kids had a bad dubbing company and standards) or Sarah Natocheny would be interesting too. XD The only voice actor, I'd rather not hear in this game is Vic Mignogna. >_>

I'll probably try to be here more often. Just trying to stay away from nerd-ragey topics and posts since that's all tumblr seems to be right now regarding Fire Emblem Fates.

That's a good point. I actually don't think I've heard the 4kids main cast of pokemon in anything other than some supporting voice roles in the Valkyrie Profile PSP port. It would be nice to find and bring back some old talent. I actually like Vic in most things I hear him in, but he was an oversaturated voice in most stuff for while, though ironically I haven't heard him in anything new for years. I don't think he'll be in this game; has he ever worked with nintendo???

lol that's why I avoid tumblr like the plague for everything but fanart. Honestly compared to most other places its been pretty chill here since most of the rage has been contained to a couple threads

I can't find this infamous "Nohriam scum" line from Hinoka, but I'm still laughing at "WEEV GUT TRUBOULE". Seriously, I could have sworn it was a guy speaking!

The Nohriam scum line can be found in this video by GameXplain:

Hinoka's line begins at 14:03-14:05 in the video.

Seriously, I could have sworn it was a guy speaking!

Heh, just another reason for me to believe she's Ashleigh Ball in her Rainbow Dash voice! RD was actually mistaken for a boy by some people too. :P

But am I the only one here that loves Hinoka's voice, simply because I also enjoyed RD's and RD herself? :( Hinoka seems like she'll be similar now that I've seen a bit more of her and I think I might like her a lot!

I don't see Ashleigh Ball as Hinoka.

IIRC, she's not a video game voice actor. It could just be an entry into video games though.

I cannot see Hana not being Karen Strassman. If it isn't her, I'm eating my book. She's oozing Nanako.

EDIT: I guess I'm fine with Vic being Kaden. I like Junpei well enough, so sure.

Edited by Ms. Andrews

That's a good point. I actually don't think I've heard the 4kids main cast of pokemon in anything other than some supporting voice roles in the Valkyrie Profile PSP port. It would be nice to find and bring back some old talent. I actually like Vic in most things I hear him in, but he was an oversaturated voice in most stuff for while, though ironically I haven't heard him in anything new for years. I don't think he'll be in this game; has he ever worked with nintendo???

lol that's why I avoid tumblr like the plague for everything but fanart. Honestly compared to most other places its been pretty chill here since most of the rage has been contained to a couple threads

I don't know if he has, but after the horror that was the Free dub, I'd rather not have him in Fates. XD

I tend to stick to my dashboard on tumblr and avoid tags. I usually just wait for a neat post to show up by someone I follow reblogging it. XD

Heh, just another reason for me to believe she's Ashleigh Ball in her Rainbow Dash voice! RD was actually mistaken for a boy by some people too. :P

But am I the only one here that loves Hinoka's voice, simply because I also enjoyed RD's and RD herself? :( Hinoka seems like she'll be similar now that I've seen a bit more of her and I think I might like her a lot!

I'm actually fine with Hinoka's voice. As I was saying before, I like it a lot because it has that raspy quality to it and you don't hear it often in video games. Though, as I have never heard Ashleigh Ball, I can't say if it's her as Hinoka or not.

Asheleigh Ball's voice for Rainbow Dash isn't nearly as raspy as how Hinoka sounds imo.

They sound similar enough to me though. Not EXACTLY the same, but VAs can change their voice for different characters, even to sound completely different. Ashleigh Ball, for example, does both Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and they sound totally different. Tara Strong voices Twilight Sparkle and also voiced Bubbles in the Powerpuff Girls, but both sound quite different as well. Ryoma doesn't sound exactly the same as Chrom to me, but they're still fairly similar and just about everyone thinks Matthew Mercer is both.

Edited by Anacybele

They sound similar enough to me though. Not EXACTLY the same, but VAs can change their voice for different characters, even to sound completely different. Ashleigh Ball, for example, does both Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and they sound totally different. Tara Strong voices Twilight Sparkle and also voiced Bubbles in the Powerpuff Girls, but both sound quite different as well. Ryoma doesn't sound exactly the same as Chrom to me, but they're still fairly similar and just about everyone thinks Matthew Mercer is both.

I completely agree! The more vocal range you have, the more diverse opportunities for characters you can get. I just don't think Ashleigh Ball can get anymore raspier than she can already be with Rainbow Dash.

I could be wrong though! It could just be me.

I went through the comments in the Fire Emblem Fates on the "Behind the Voice Actors" site and these are some of the guesses I've come across:

Mikoto-Amanda Celine Miller
Kaze-Lex Lang
Rinkah-Wendee Lee
Leo-Johnny Yong Bosch

Ryoma-Matt Mercer

Elise-Stephanie Sheh

F!Corrin-Carrie Keranen

M!Corrin-Roger Craig Smith

Also, while Gunter and Llewelyn (Hormone) aren't in any of the video clips, D.C. Douglas lists them in his credits on his site.

Edited by Kaze_Ninja17

Ashleigh Ball currently resides in Canada, though. It's very doubtful they flew her over just to voice one character when NoA could have easily hired a professional at their home country.

I have a hard time believing that Effie's actual physique under that armor matches her English voice. I know I'm stereotyping, forgive me, but usually when I hear that voice, I see a woman with a large mass of muscle, and knowing how most women are drawn in anime... well...

Anyway, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find a Nohrian wife...