Compilation of Voice Clips

Hunter Nightblood

I have a hard time believing that Effie's actual physique under that armor matches her English voice. I know I'm stereotyping, forgive me, but usually when I hear that voice, I see a woman with a large mass of muscle, and knowing how most women are drawn in anime... well...

Anyway, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find a Nohrian wife...

But we've only heard a small bit of Effie's voice. We never hear her say any of her lines and all we get is a grunt (can't think of a good word). It may be fool-hardy to believe this, but Effie's voice could still be different than her "grunts".

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time believing that Effie's actual physique under that armor matches her English voice. I know I'm stereotyping, forgive me, but usually when I hear that voice, I see a woman with a large mass of muscle, and knowing how most women are drawn in anime... well...

Anyway, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find a Nohrian wife...

Kozaki drew Effie without her armor a while ago, if you were curious. I don't think the English voice suits her, but that's just my opinion. Then again it wasn't really spoken dialogue so I'll wait and see.

Otherwise I like most of the English voices so far, Felicia is starting to grow on me.

Edited by Ehrzeth

But we've only heard a small bit of Effie's voice. We never hear her say any of her lines and all we get is a grunt (can't think of a good word). It may be fool-hardy to believe this, but Effie's voice could still be different than her "grunts".

The singular "Good!" after she wins the fight kinda gave me a good chunk, but I hear you. I need to hear more of her still.

Kozaki drew Effie without her armor a while ago, if you were curious. I don't think the English voice suits her, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. I can imagine Effie with a deep voice, but not THAT deep. Great art from Kozaki, by the way. Love seeing FE chars in a casual setting.

Ashleigh Ball currently resides in Canada, though. It's very doubtful they flew her over just to voice one character when NoA could have easily hired a professional at their home country.

Well then how would the MLP people have managed to get her to work on MLP?

Edited by Anacybele

They do all their voice work in Canada, in seperate offices, and just ship a USB stick with their voices to HASBRO HQ

Tara Strong is like the only lead US voice and she does her work in Cali and just ships her voice up. She hasn't like, worked with the other VAs in a room like, at all

Edited by Elieson

I love Leon's "I WILL ERASE YOU" and the "ARGH" that promptly follows it. Does anyone else think Leon is like the Kylo Ren of Fire Emblem?

Also, I like Sakura's voice. I hate that faux-cutesy voice a lot of Japanese VAs put on. And also that slightly out of breath one? Do people have a kink for sickly girls or something? But, um, I digress. Scarlet seems awesome btw.

I've gotta say my favorite is Kaden, by far - so energetic and just a little bit crazy. I love it! I like most of the voices pretty well, though.

Least favorites are Nyx and Effie - each tending far much to one extreme. Glatingly high-pitched and hideously low-pitched, respectively.

Still a little indecisive about Xander. All of his lines sound fine except "YOU'RE NOT HURT ARE YOU?" I still think it's a little spritely...

I prefer Felicia's JP voice to this, even though I don't like Felicia's JP voice either. I feel like the voice itself isn't too bad, but the acting feels very flat. The delivery for a scene that's supposed to be urgent seemed very monotonic. Her grunts and battle lines seem okay, but really lacks emotion. Elfie doesn't quite fit given that she's supposed to similar aged, maybe only slightly older than Elise, but maybe it's just that one line. Can't really tell from one.

But hey both Rinka and Ryouma sounds good so I'm happy there. While nobody can really match Ono for me, Suzu's voice sounds pretty nice here now that we hear more of it, and Saizou's nice too since I'm very into deep voices. Crimson's voice is pretty good too.

Y'know... I don't know. You say EN Felicia lacks emotion, yet when I first saw her, she looked like she lacked emotion. I was honestly surprised she was given such a high-pitch in Japanese.

But, I dunno. Some of you have played the JP version so you have a better grasp on her character than I do.

Y'know... I don't know. You say EN Felicia lacks emotion, yet when I first saw her, she looked like she lacked emotion. I was honestly surprised she was given such a high-pitch in Japanese.

But, I dunno. Some of you have played the JP version so you have a better grasp on her character than I do.

I've read all her supports and she's definitely not supposed to be an unemotive character.

I'm...not really feeling any of the voices.

Even Kaden's....then again I didn't really like the Taguel voices either.

WE GOT TRUBLE is gold though

Edited by IGdood

I like the dub overall. The ones I really like at the moment are Takumi, Leo, Ryoma (especially the first two, love them.) I like what I've heard from Xander too, but I'm not entirely convinced with the "YOU'RE NOT HURT ARE YOU"... I guess I have to listen to a few more lines before judging his VA. Speaking of which, anyone wants to take a guess who's voicing Xander? I see whenever people make VA speculations, they never bring him up...

I like the dub overall. The ones I really like at the moment are Takumi, Leo, Ryoma (especially the first two, love them.) I like what I've heard from Xander too, but I'm not entirely convinced with the "YOU'RE NOT HURT ARE YOU"... I guess I have to listen to a few more lines before judging his VA. Speaking of which, anyone wants to take a guess who's voicing Xander? I see whenever people make VA speculations, they never bring him up...

The most common guess for Xander is Cam Clarke (I have no familiarity with him, so I can't put my 2 cents in).

I'm still rather bemused that my Bend Diskin guess for Takumi seems to have been spot-on.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm actually quite confident that Xander is voiced by Gideon Emery. Funny that no one else has mentioned him at all anywhere, it sounds just like him, especially in earlier Fates trailers. What makes it more likely is that Gideon voiced Gaius in Awakening and will probably be back as Grey.

The most common guess for Xander is Cam Clarke (I have no familiarity with him, so I can't put my 2 cents in).

I'm still rather bemused that my Bend Diskin guess for Takumi seems to have been spot-on.

I used to think that Xander was Cam Clarke. But know I think he's Corrin.

If you're curious about him,

he's Kratos in Tales of Symphonia,

Liquid Snake from Metal Gear,

Simba in Kingdom Hearts 2

I pretty much like them all, especially Kaden and Niles (Thank fuck for that. I don't want to hate Niles).

I am on the fence with Felicia and Effie though. Felicia sounds shit in that 'WEEVE GUT TRABLE!!!', but other then that she sounds okay in battle. As for Effie, I was hoping Stephanie Sheh would voice her, like Kjelle, but I was wrong. I just hope she sounds better then that grunt we heard (After all the quality was very low).

It's hard for me to try and figure out who's voicing Cam Clarke. I haven't been watching a lot of anime aside from FUNimation's dubs of One Piece and Assassination Classroom and the only video games I've been playing recently are Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. There are a lot of people thinking Xander is Cam Clarke, but it's hard to wager a guess.

Scarlet's voice is so freakin' cute I didn't even notice it before.

The more I listen to Scarlet's lines, the more I'm convinced that she's voiced by Amanda C. Miller. She sounds a lot like Sully from Awakening to me. Though, it'd be sad to see Amanda voicing another Wyvern Rider (she was Cherche) since that would feel like they typecast her.

I'm actually quite confident that Xander is voiced by Gideon Emery. Funny that no one else has mentioned him at all anywhere, it sounds just like him, especially in earlier Fates trailers. What makes it more likely is that Gideon voiced Gaius in Awakening and will probably be back as Grey.

I think a lot of people look past Gideon Emery because he's not as well-known for voice acting as he is for acting. He was a huge surprise when it was revealed that he was Gaius since I had never heard of him before Awakening, but now I see him EVERYWHERE on TV.

It's hard for me to try and figure out who's voicing Cam Clarke. I haven't been watching a lot of anime aside from FUNimation's dubs of One Piece and Assassination Classroom and the only video games I've been playing recently are Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. There are a lot of people thinking Xander is Cam Clarke, but it's hard to wager a guess.

The more I listen to Scarlet's lines, the more I'm convinced that she's voiced by Amanda C. Miller. She sounds a lot like Sully from Awakening to me. Though, it'd be sad to see Amanda voicing another Wyvern Rider (she was Cherche) since that would feel like they typecast her.

I think a lot of people look past Gideon Emery because he's not as well-known for voice acting as he is for acting. He was a huge surprise when it was revealed that he was Gaius since I had never heard of him before Awakening, but now I see him EVERYWHERE on TV.

To be fair, his role as Balthier in Final Fantasy XII also showed he was a great voice actor. However, that role was with his natural English accent. With his roles as Balthier and Gaius, I don't think people look past him as much anymore (or at least they shouldn't)