Potential marriages

Ninian157

Seeing how the game is soon coming out here in the West I'm starting to take notes on things, like who I want to marry and such. I plan on going with Conquest first, and eventually will marry Luna, Marx, Odin, Effie, Flora and Leon. I haven't looked up things like classes, stats and similar things so I would like some thoughts on those pairings, how to use the kids you get, classes for everybody etc.

In my nohr round i marry Luna and i choose +strenght-luck and second class cavalier so when i use marriage seal she will get the class paladin (aegis) and great knight(luna and diamond strike) for increase her defense and offensive abilitys.

Edited by Sieghart

I plan on marrying Xander, and I've heard a +Str/+Spd asset is good for his kid. I'm also making my secondary class Samurai, so that he'll have access to some really great skills (Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire) and can grow in that class for boosted speed growths.

Seeing how the game is soon coming out here in the West I'm starting to take notes on things, like who I want to marry and such. I plan on going with Conquest first, and eventually will marry Luna, Marx, Odin, Effie, Flora and Leon. I haven't looked up things like classes, stats and similar things so I would like some thoughts on those pairings, how to use the kids you get, classes for everybody etc.

Are you saying that you're going to pair Luna & Marx, Odin & Effie, and Flora & Leon, or are you saying that you're gonna have those 6 characters gain S-support regardless? Cuz, if you meant the former, then, well... Flora can only marry the avatar, so... yeah.

Playing all 3 as a girl first because I always play as a girl first and the guy options didn't disappoint me. After that's done, then I'll probably play all 3 again as guys. I'm not sure entirely yet in which path I will be marrying which person, but eventually marrying:

Silas, Kaze, possibly Jakob, possibly Saizo, maybe Xander/Takumi

Scarlet, Flora....Rinkah? Not sure, the girls don't seem as great to me just yet

Normally I alternate between male and female but as being male can actually cost me a kid if I don't marry someone who is Corrin only.... I'm going to probably stick to female until I try to 100% the support gallery. Eh I'm a girl anyways so I prefer playing female I'm just slightly annoyed by having the possibility of a guy with a kid tied to him ending up forever alone.

I have plenty in mind but I don't know which ones to start with. I only really have a few that I am certain of for each side.

For Me (Corrin/Kamui)

Hoshido: Oboro, Hana, Setsuna

Nohr: Luna, Effie, Pieri

Both: Felicia, Anna, Sophie ( I really like her design and somehow that made it a certainty.)

as for pairings between Characters that aren't Kamui I have very little i know I'll start with

Takumi/ Hana-Oboro ( I like both girls and Takumi seems best fit for both imo)

Selena/Xander-Leo ( Severa deserves royalty. Also i don't like many of Nohr's girls.)

Aside from those I really have no idea who will marry who, let alone who I'll marry in the first round.

I planned on marrying Luna, Leon, Odin, Effie, Flora and Marx to my Avatar across 6 playthroughs. But, I got no idea on what class I would want for anyone, good asset/flaw for each pairing, and what to do with the children.

Typically, you'll want to select your Asset/Flaw to compliment the Modifiers for your spouse. For example, let's say I want to marry Scarlet;

Scarlet's Mods

Str: +2

Mag: 0

Skl: 0

Spd: +1

Lck: -1

Def:

Res: -2

In this case, Scarlet's modifiers lend themselves to benefitting a Physical child. As such, I would want to pick either Strength, Speed, Defense or Skill as my asset. Most agree that Luck is a decent Flaw to take, as it tends to have the least impact overall all. Here's what Kanna's Mods would look like in this Pairing (I Picked a Strength Asset, Luck Flaw);

Str: +6

Mag: 0

Skl: +3

Spd: +3

Lck: -3

Def: +3

Res: -1

As you can see, she'll have great Physical Modifiers across the board. So, you can really stick her in any physical class and they'll perform well. As there is no high level DLC out right now (basically Apotheosis), we aren't really looking for super optimal classes and Pairings yet. From what I've gathered, immediate usability is much better. Since in this pairing Kanna will already start with a decent Sword Rank, she'll want to stay in a Sword using class to have the most immediate useability. She already has Nohr Princess and will also inherit Wyvern Rider from Scarlet, as well as whatever class you picked for the Avatar's secondary. Experiment a little and feel free to ask questions.

Edited by Avalanche

I plan on doing a playthrough with a male and female Corrin for all three routes. And I'm torn between a few characters for each out and playthrough.

Kaz (Male Avatar, would be Kaze if there wasn't already a Kaze):

Birthright:

-Reina (Yuugiri)

-Felicia

-Setsuna

-Caeldori (Matoi)

-Kinu

Conquest:

-Niles (Zero)

-Nyx

-Peri (Pieri)

-Felicia

-Velour

Revelation:

-Niles (Zero)

-Reina (Yuugiri)

-Nyx

-Felicia

-Peri (Pieri)

-Setsuna

Elodie (Female Corrin):

Birthright:

-Izana

-Kaden (Nishiki)

-Azama (Asama)

-Jakob (Joker)

-Kaze (Suzukaze)

Conquest:

-Flannel

-Odin

-Jakob (Joker)

-Kaze (Suzukaze)

-Izana

Revelation:

-Jakob (Joker)

-Kaze (Suzukaze)

-Kaden (Nishiki)

-Flannel

-Odin

-Azana (Asama)

I think OP was asking for opinions on their pairs, rather than who you guys are marrying.

So true. Guys, he's asking for advice of HIS pairings, not what your pairings are :/

OP, I don't know too much about optimization, but there are recurring polls called "Choosing the Best Class For ..." somewhere in the Fates forum. They give good advice on what the optimal class for each character is.

@Avalanche gave really solid advice about choosing your avatar's Asset/Flaw to complement your partner.

As for what class you should choose, you really have to look at each unit's class tree, what skills they have already, and what skills they might want. For example, let's take Xander. He initially has access to the Cavalier and Wyvern Rider lines, and he can Buddy Seal to get the Ninja (Kaze), Mercenary (Lazlow), and Dark Mage (Leo) lines. Xander's an amazing unit, but his speed isn't too great, so Samurai (which he can't get by himself) would be really helpful in patching that up. Astra's great for Guard Stance, and Swordfaire's great considering his OP prf weapon.

For getting the kids, I've heard it's really up to you and your playstyle, especially considering you're playing Nohr where you might not be able to use all of the kids efficiently. If you think a kid would be helpful in a certain chapter, or it's convenient, then go for it.

So true. Guys, he's asking for advice of HIS pairings, not what your pairings are :/

Oopes. I misread the initial post. My bad. But yeah, I would go with the Asset/Flaw complementing your partner. Anything that was previously said is good advice to. I can't say that I'm going with optimization (not sure what's my motivation), but that's neither here nor there. Since you don't plan on going with Niles or Rhajat (as the same-sex Corrin), you won't miss out on the child characters that stem from Niles or Corrin.

Well for romancing Luna and Effie, prepare to choose a dad to be single. Flora is fine and you can get all of the kids that way.

Luna, Effie, and Marx probably appreciate a +Strength asset. Leo and Odin most likely a +Mag.