Is Fates skinship removal that big of thing?

Naziro

To be completely honest, to me at least, Fates' skinship removal doesn't affect me. I feel neutral about it. I never thought as Fire Emblem as a waifu game anyway. But what do you guys think about it?maxresdefault.jpg

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is they're removing content and we're getting less than the Japanese fans. Its unfair. If they don't want it to be weird or sexual, they can 1) take out the petting-- not the feature, and 2) make it so none of the lines are sexual. That's it. That's aaall they have to do.

The issue is they're removing content and we're getting less than the Japanese fans. Its unfair. If they don't want it to be weird or sexual, they can 1) take out the petting-- not the feature, and 2) make it so none of the lines are sexual. That's it. That's aaall they have to do.

Uh, I thought that IS what they did? That is to say, only removing the petting?

Anyway, I love that it was removed because I don't think it ever belonged in an FE game. FE is not a romance simulator, FE is supposed to be a strategy/tactical medieval themed war RPG game. Keep the romance where it always was: in endings. Heck, I'm actually okay with S supports as well. Just no suggestive crap.

I'm also a supporter of censorship where it's necessary.

Edited by Anacybele

It probably would have been awkward that's much is true (I mean imagine doing that while playing the game in public lol). However, it wasn't offensive or encouraged say drugging so I don't see why it needed to be taken out. Seems like just one less feature we get than Japan does which is on a basic level unfair and on a bigger scale censorship over something that wasn't even a big deal to begin with.

Edited by kisooni

Anyway, I love that it was removed because I don't think it ever belonged in an FE game. FE is not a romance simulator, FE is supposed to be a strategy/tactical medieval themed war RPG game. Keep the romance where it always was: in endings. Heck, I'm actually okay with S supports as well. Just no suggestive crap.

I'm also a supporter of censorship where it's necessary.

Because it's disappointing.

Idk if you've realized but even me, someone who was only, well, kind of sort of excited for it, was looking for the chance to fuck around with it and do stuff like poke them if I didn't like them or rub them on the head because it would be funny. Having that taken away, especially since the only thing barring me from getting the Japanese version is finance period (I can read it, but have an NA 3DS), is incredibly...dissatisfying.

I don't take some kind of erotic or twisted pleasure in it, but it sure would have been fun.

edit: Also I'm still buying the game, of course.

Edited by PopteenPrincess

I understand that some people are disappointed, but it really shouldn't be that big a deal. Nor should it be the sole factor to getting the game or not getting the game.

It's not a feature I would have used and I would kind of preferred that it was never included in the first place, but considering that it was included, I don't like that NoA is removing it, if only for the principle. I'm able to decide whether the feature is appropriate for me and don't need NoA completely robbing me of the opportunity to make my own choice regarding it. And there's also the fact that on a basic level the NA version is now lacking features that the Japanese version had, which just isn't right.

Overall, it won't stop me from getting the game, just that I disagree with the principle of censoring features.

Edited by LuxSpes

I understand that some people are disappointed, but it really shouldn't be that big a deal. Nor should it be the sole factor to getting the game or not getting the game.

I agree with this wholeheartedly though. It shouldn't be a deal breaker, yet I've seen people cancel their preorders...

Edited by Jedi

I hate that it was removed.

I was genuinely looking forward to this feature. While yes, it may not be the FE norm, but still. IMO, it adds an extra layer of intimacy that you can form with your units which is not very possible in many other FE games since you can't conventionally use every unit due to limited resources. Even if skinship was just available to your spouse I would be fine, or hell even if they were just extra conversations you could had with units I would have been fine. But this is just plain removal of a feature which is extremely stupid considering it was optional and there for those who wanted it such as myself.

I'm not opposed to it but it's not my cup of tea.

I mostly feel bad for the people who were looking forward to it. Feeling disappointed freaking sucks.

That is why people are already installing hombrew and downloading the translation patch which I would not hold water over. I'd rather have a translation from the official folks and good native Japanese speakers. :)

Not a supporter for censorship. but I'm not going to complain over something that is unnecessary to begin with.

I am upset it is removed. I never really cared much for it, but I did use it and I thought it was nice being able to actually interact with the characters. And since I already own the Japanese version I'm going to hold off on getting the NoA version until it is cheaper. I want to experience the game in English, but I don't want to buy the game at basically the same price with less content.

It's not a feature I would have used and I would kind of preferred that it was never included in the first place, but considering that it was included, I don't like that NoA is removing it, if only for the principle. I'm able to decide whether the feature is appropriate for me and don't need NoA completely robbing me of the opportunity to make my own choice regarding it. And there's also the fact that on a basic level the NA version is now lacking features that the Japanese version had, which just isn't right.

Overall, it won't stop me from getting the game, just that I disagree with the principle of censoring features.

This.

I don't like censorship, usually its unnecessary, but what is really annoying me about this is that I'm paying full price for a cut game compared to what the Japanese got. Whether or not I was going to use the feature, I like to have the option. Taking it away is implying that I can't decide for myself if this feature is too much for me, and that angers me. Another thing is that this sets the precedence for NoA to cut whatever they want from future FEs, even something as large as these 2d models and voice files, which I only thought would get a few lines rewritten or toned down. I feel there's a difference between changing and outright axing features. I just really wanted to trust that they would deliver a game localized with as few changes as possible, but now I'll never be sure that I'll be able to play the full experience that Japan gets.

I'm getting the game regardless (I'm lucky to have an SE and New Fates 3dsXL system to play with at launch) and I know I'll still very much enjoy the game, but I'm not gonna deny that this whole censorship thing has left a sore spot and bad taste in my mouth. :(

Petting Kaze was fun during that time that I'e only petted someone once out of 9 playthroughs of the game!

Just only do it with rarity. Doing it all the time is nauseating and embarrassing. I can always play my finished Jap version if I want to pet him again. Which probably won't be for another 6 runs and will do only once then again probably not for another 6 runs again. Will give Sakura a hug too in my finished Jap version at least once out of my prior runs to the game. You have the Jap version, right. Just use you finished files to pet them if you want and stop complaining. When you do this rarely, it doesn't mean that you love them any less if you do it with rarity. ^^

Edited by PuffPuff

I personally think the game was made better by removing the feature. Having the shinship was deterring me from getting the game and now I'm more on the fence because of it's removal.

Generally though I'm a supporter of censorship if it's making the game more suitable for a wider audience. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few principle applies here.

Edited by Scrub Lord Doof

Petting Kaze was fun during that tme that I'e only petted someone only once out of 9 playthroughs of the game!

Just only do it with rarity. Doing it all the time is nauseating. I can always play my finished Jap version if I want to pet him again. Which probably won't be for another 6 runs and will do only once then again probably not for another 6 runs again. Will give Sakura a hug too in my finished Jap version at least once out of my prior runs to the game. You have the Jap version, right. Just use you finished files to pet them if you want and stop complaining. When you do this rarely, it doesn't mean that you love them any less if you do it with rarity. ^^

I'm sorry but that kind of logic is extremely flawed.

'Just use your Japanese versions'. If I am going to get a game, I want to pay the price that is going to extremely high with the fact there is 3 games to get in order to experience it all for the full game. Not a game that was butchered because a company thinks I can't handle lewd lines. I may have a Japanese copy, but I am buying the localized version for a reason, I wish to support Nintendo.

And no, I wont stop complaining. I have freedom of speech do I not? I am offended by the fact Nintendo has basically removed my right to the full product as consumer when Japan and I am sure Korea have/will get the full game without any feature removals while us in the west get a half assed version. Censorship is welcome in some places, but when a feature that has very little mature material is removed for little to no reason it's just plain idiotic.