Is Fates skinship removal that big of thing?

Naziro

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the confession scenes have fixed movements and dialogue, I have to wonder if they are using the actual models or are just video files. (Can somebody please confirm this?)

Considering the confession scenes have fixed movements and dialogue, I have to wonder if they are using the actual models or are just video files. (Can somebody please confirm this?)

I can't really confirm it, but I'd imagine they're most likely using the actual models. There are probably a good few non-dynamic, "canned" animations in My Room, so I doubt it'd be that much harder to have it be animated in-engine. If they already have the framework for it, I don't see why they'd make it video files instead of just doing it in the engine.

I doubt we'll get any confirmation on that until either someone gets their hands on a review copy (which I would assume they'll start being sent out here before too much longer) or until the release of the game. However I believe they will still utilize the 2D models in some form as really the only debatable part about them was the whole petting mini game and some of the sounds they made. Since dialogue is easily changed I don't see the sounds being an issue and considering the files for the NA version take up more space than the Japanese version I'm hopeful that they're still in there in some way shape or form. To me it's just a matter of are they still a part of the 'My Room' experience or solely exclusive to the confession scenes as I see no reason to completely remove them from both. I'm hoping the 'My Room' scenes will still show off the models and the lines of dialogue that were important/offered some background on the different characters and fleshed them out a bit more, in other words all the lines that played at the end of the whole petting mini-game thing with some obvious changes to some of the more lewd ones that were exclusive to lovers. (I only say that because it's clear that Nintendo isn't going to use any lewd dialogue, or at least not anything nearly as lewd)

Edited by Kyza

The only reason I'm mad about it confirmed getting removed THIS LATE is that, among other things I learned I didn't like about the localization beforehand, the removal of skinship put the nail in the coffin. I repeat: skinship wasn't the ONLY reason. I had others too, but I don't want to start an argument on those. Making me wait a fucking YEAR when I could have gotten it earlier.

You can ask 'why didn't you just get the Japanese version when it came out' but at the time I could live with the two or three things that were confirmed to change, which include the weird name changes and my suspicion that dual audio wouldn't be in (that is now being debating about). That combined with the fact that I still need to occasionally look up kanji (seriously, no yomigana and all), making it a hassle, and talking about it with friends will be difficult if I don't know the English names, persuaded me to stick with the English version. But now that's not the case.

It's just...thanks for making me wait this long. They should have just been up front about it and now I'm FOR SURE only going to buy the Japanese versions in the future.

Can't agree with you more; the late announcements are super irritating. I personally don't regret pre-ordering the English version, but all these omissions announced last-minute are making me wish I just settled for the Japanese version.

So I remembered that I saw an article about localization, and decided to look for it.

And here it is: http://www.capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/11/21/localization-and-ace-attorney

It does go into "what happens when part of the game crosses the line of what is acceptable in my target country?", which relates to the situation we currently have with skinship.

Edited by Hunter Saltblood

How big a deal it is depends on why it was removed.

If it was because of peoples mixed reaction to the feature then I think it is a big deal because it means any feature could be removed for any reason. If it was because it broke the laws/regulations in certain countries (the best example I can think of is the ability to skinship the younger looking children characters) then it's just standard practice.

How big a deal it is depends on why it was removed.

If it was because of peoples mixed reaction to the feature then I think it is a big deal because it means any feature could be removed for any reason. If it was because it broke the laws/regulations in certain countries (the best example I can think of is the ability to skinship the younger looking children characters) then it's just standard practice.

nintendo really should just flat out state why.

Even though I really don't care about the situation itself, I agree that they should have just come out and announced the removal, particularly after all the controversy and NA is so close to release date. I feel like their silence really prolonged the chaos and even though things have quietened down they still haven't clarified the situation themselves, nor have they detailed any sort of replacement, or reasons why.