The Next Remake

Next Fire Emblem Remake  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should get a remake next?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Tharacia 776
    • Binding Blade/Sword of Seals
    • Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love me some FE7, and would love to see it remade, FE2 is the game that flatout NEEDS a remake.

That, and IS has been treating Gaiden a lot like like Nintendo did Majora's Mask before it's remake, so I want it now

As much as I love me some FE7, and would love to see it remade, FE2 is the game that flatout NEEDS a remake.

That, and IS has been treating Gaiden a lot like like Nintendo did Majora's Mask before it's remake, so I want it now

Yeah, Gaiden is everything a remakeable game should be: fascinating, weird as hell, and crippled by archaic interfaces and design.

FE4. It looks the most interesting of the Japan-only games to me. I just hope localization gives it a shorter title. Geneology of the Holy War is kind of a mouthful. :P

They'd probably just call it Bloodline or something.

Edited by Alastor15243

FE4. It looks the most interesting of the Japan-only games to me. I just hope localization gives it a shorter title. Geneology of the Holy War is kind of a mouthful. :P

I imagine if they did shorten the title, it would be shortened to "Holy War" much like FE1's mouthful title was shortened to Shadow Dragon

I want to play Thracia 776, but i heard that it's both the best-designed and worst-designed game in the series at the same time.

The interface could use some work, particularly some major annoyances with action priority on the menu, but overall I'd say it's definitely one of the more solid and well-balanced of the japanese games from what I've played.

The interface could use some work, particularly some major annoyances with action priority on the menu, but overall I'd say it's definitely one of the more solid and well-balanced of the japanese games from what I've played.

The game doesn't tell you that Leif has to escape last.

What the hell.

none of them need remakes

except gaiden I guess, but if they wanted it to be any good it shouldn't be a remake, it should pretty much be a new game just with the same story, since most of gaiden's maps and mechanics are bad

So you didn't like the game your avatar is from?

well I mean even if you like the game that doesn't mean you have to think it would work well with older games

like I think fates will be a pretty ok game but I sure as hell won't want to have a remake of blazing sword where mark is a playable unit who can marry every character etc.

well I mean even if you like the game that doesn't mean you have to think it would work well with older games

like I think fates will be a pretty ok game but I sure as hell won't want to have a remake of blazing sword where mark is a playable unit who can marry every character etc.

Yeah I guess in that light Genealogy would probably be the safest to remake if they can't resist that particular urge. I still vote for Gaiden though because that's the game that has the most potential crippled by the worst design.

FE2 or FE4, though extra care would have to be taken to keep them along the lines of the originals

On that note, I'd say that FE4 would have to change a hell of a lot, mechanics wise...

As much as I'd love to see Genealogy get a remake, it'd probably have an MU with a Holy Blood screen that's lit up like a Xmas tree.

That being said, Gaiden is the only game that NEEDS a remake IMO. An updated UI, fleshing out the characters and story, combined with updated graphics and updating that great OST would be amazing. I'd even (barely) tolerate having an MU that could marry Celica.

On that note, I'd say that FE4 would have to change a hell of a lot, mechanics wise...

An avatar simply wouldn't make sense in FE4

...Unless the avatar died in the battle of Belhalla along with nearly everyone else, and Seliph still remained the main character of act 2, with the avatar's child being just another child character. That would be interesting...

Edited by Alastor15243