Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

I just thought I'd mention it (since well, I think the link in gameFAQ post and yours are the only known emails about this, that I can find anyway) since both emails give non answers, I thought it might help answer the rumor for a bit. So as not to have an skinship-like mess allover again.

Honestly, it's most likely better to just wait until Nintendo (or whoever, I guess) releases a video or the game is out before we can truly say anything.

(Also, I hope you didn't mind me linking it. I'm so sorry if you didn't want anyone linking it.)

Oh not at all, don't worry about it :P I just wanted to clarify since things are kind of heated everywhere at the moment. Nice to see other Fogu users here! Are you a user there too or an anon?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh not at all, don't worry about it :P I just wanted to clarify since things are kind of heated everywhere at the moment. Nice to see other Fogu users here! Are you a user there too or an anon?

Ah, good!

I'm an anon, but I have posted on Fogu before just not on the FE : Fates thread.

Uh, now why would there be no dual-audio when Awakening had it? And as people pointed out, dual-audio would explain why localized Fates takes up more space than the Japanese version.

How big is the space difference? The difference in file size could easily be just how much space English text takes vs. Japanese text.

How big is the space difference? The difference in file size could easily be just how much space English text takes vs. Japanese text.

I recall there being little over 2000 blocks more in the US game. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited by carefreejules

2028 blocks I think. I have no idea how much that is in MB

Without english audio for skinship I can imagine that that extra space is the JP audio for everything else.

Actually, Awakening's filesize is 8,600 in NA, but 9800 in JP (according to a post on GameFAQs). NA Awakening had dual audio while JP didn't, right? Since JP Awakening's file size is larger, there's more to it than just extra voice files.

As previously said by someone, it sounds like a non-answer. While it'd make sense that it'd be referring to the audio, it could be that they were referring to the English-only text? Anyways, it seems like this is a generic e-mail sent to people who e-mail Nintendo and get a response from Ash Erickson. I was sent a tweet by someone who got an e-mail from them that said basically the same exact thing just with a different subject.

I'm wondering if the controversy/rumormongering surrounding this game will make Nintendo rethink the localization process for FE.

Cause this hasn't exactly been smooth lol

That's even if we get a Fire Emblem game after this. I hate to imagine what will happen once Genei Ibun Roku #FE gets close to its Western release...

That's even if we get a Fire Emblem game after this. I hate to imagine what will happen once Genei Ibun Roku #FE gets close to its Western release...

I feel like the series wouldn't be completely dead after these two games but I can (or I hope) see them taking a break or going on hiatus from the series to re-evaluate their team, shuffle things around, before making the next installment. I mean, I'd rather not get another game immediately so IS can have some time to think things over than get another game with even more fishy/absurd material.

But back on topic, I do hope they check to make sure dual audio works because there was a glitch for it in Awakening where even if it was set to Japanese when you turned the game on, the audio was in English so you had to go back to the main menu and switch the voices back and forth for it to work.

Edited by carefreejules

I've got 50-50 odds on it even getting localized at this point.

I'm very concerned. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite franchises. I'd like to see more of it.

I've got 50-50 odds on it even getting localized at this point.

I'm very concerned. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite franchises. I'd like to see more of it.

Same. I mean based on tweets by a Nintendo Treehouse employee, it seems like Genei Ibun Roku #FE is still being localized.

All I can say about this whole localization debacle that we seem to be dealing with is that people need to stop getting so salty over every bit of unconfirmed information...

we've got trouble

I'll actually lol if this is the case.

I highly doubt they'd take something out which remained in the previous game. There's no reason to, and it'd only lose them sales.

Happened many times before.

Edited by Tryhard

I wasn't going to use the JP audio either way, but i'll wait for the release/an official statement before making a judgement.

Sorry but a random poster from gamefaqs isn't a good source, and given the misinformation and confusion about this freaking game we have already had I reserve the right to be skeptical.

One thing I did think of is if there is a new replacement for the skinship, and that would contain new or modified lines, it's not like they could use the japanese skinship lines appropriately for them because they didn't record them.

Edited by Tryhard

I believe I remember hearing something about one of the VAs for the game saying that if they didn't like their voice just turn on the Japanese in reply to a salty fan comment on twitter or something. But don't quote me on that because I never actually saw the source info, and it was in a youtube comment that mentioned about that VA post. At this point in time, since skinship's out, I can most certainly believe they'd take out Dual Audio as well. Just take a look at the Eu port of Xenoblade Chronicles for NA then XenoChro 3DS and now XenoX. FIrst had Dual Audio albeit being a very niche game at the time, once it became super famous and popular, Dual Audio gone. Same situation with FE:Awakening. Very niche at the time and potentially final game in the series, then boom popularity galore. So I wouldn't doubt what localization would and wouldn't do because now they're basically treating themselves as gods on what should be given to us. Arguably imo if Dual Audio is gone from Fates, NOA will not be seeing anymore purchases from me for the series, especially so if they didn't replace skinship with something more appropriate that utilizes the assets well.

GameFAQs topic creator here. Hopefully this should quell any doubts:

https://cloud.openmailbox.org/index.php/s/RdRRws8SSdV7Cem

If you need any more proof, say the word.

Not that I don't believe you, but I decided to send Nintendo an e-mail myself to see what kind of response I might get. Granted, going through their support might not be the most helpful since they don't offer generic questions to be send regarding unreleased games.

One thing I did think of is if there is a new replacement for the skinship, and that would contain new or modified lines, it's not like they could use the japanese skinship lines appropriately for them because they didn't record them.

Honestly, this is literally the only reason why the game would not have dual audio because the Japanese skinship lines would be removed and couldnt match up. However, its also very possible they took that into account and simply left an modified lines in any modified feature as English only. Meaning the game in Japanese audio would revert to English in that instance only.

I dunno

I believe I remember hearing something about one of the VAs for the game saying that if they didn't like their voice just turn on the Japanese in reply to a salty fan comment on twitter or something. But don't quote me on that because I never actually saw the source info, and it was in a youtube comment that mentioned about that VA post. At this point in time, since skinship's out, I can most certainly believe they'd take out Dual Audio as well. Just take a look at the Eu port of Xenoblade Chronicles for NA then XenoChro 3DS and now XenoX. FIrst had Dual Audio albeit being a very niche game at the time, once it became super famous and popular, Dual Audio gone. Same situation with FE:Awakening. Very niche at the time and potentially final game in the series, then boom popularity galore. So I wouldn't doubt what localization would and wouldn't do because now they're basically treating themselves as gods on what should be given to us. Arguably imo if Dual Audio is gone from Fates, NOA will not be seeing anymore purchases from me for the series, especially so if they didn't replace skinship with something more appropriate that utilizes the assets well.

Uh, what?

Awakening, Xenoblade, and Xenoblade X have godly voice acting. Why would you even want dual audio for them? Adam Howden could carry an entire game by himself, much less with a rockin' cast with him. In X, Caitlin Glass brought her total A game. Why would you want to wish that away?

Now Fates? It isn't looking amazing, but it's still serviceable. I on principle disagree with dual audio though. English voice work is pretty much always better except for something like Sword Art Online, which had a laughable dub. Bringing something like Xenoblade up only hurts your argument.

EDIT: it's also why PxZ2 has me on the fence: no English voices afaik. No Carina Reeves as Fiora is a pretty big deal breaker, as is no Mercer or Bailey, and it had Igiari instead of Objection.

Edited by Ms. Andrews