Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

Wait, no dual audio ? No Japanese voice ? I'll live, but what the hell man.

Until I know more about I'll decide if it's a disaster or no. For now, it's mixed some are good, some are bad.

#wegottrouble.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm really curious why localized Fates is more blocks than JP Fates, if this is true.

The US special edition includes all three routes on the cart, if I am not mistaken the jp special edition only had the first two routes with a code to download the third.

I didn't hear anything so offensive to elicit such a kneejerk reaction.

It's two badasses in the middle of a combat situation; they sound determined enough.

The only real complaint I have is the grunts are a bit hammy, but the synchronized "HOIYAAAH!!!" from when they clash in the Japanese version of the cutscene was even moreso (along with Ryoma's "taYAH" and Xander's "hoiuUH").

Intonation wise things seam to be about the same. The only real differences are the actual voices.

I really don't like their dialogue during that scene. And their battle cries aren't very well done imo. But that could be me already being used to the Japanese version of that scene.

can you turn off the short sentences the characters say when you're reading the dialogue? i believe it was possible in awakening but i'm not sure. can someone please confirm it for me. i'd rather have no audio than shitty dubs, so i'm definitely turning it off if possible.

What really bothers me is that they didn't even bother to lypsync the cutscenes

so they look really bad

I was watching polygon's stream and when I saw Sakura like fucking twitching in the right corner I just
good luck guys
it made me want to pass in my sleep and I cannot wait to put my greasy little hands all over my Japanese 3ds when it comes this Tuesday
Also Japanese producers can be fucking catty as hell I've been blocked from domains strictly because I'm LIVING IN AMERICA so if you're gonna blame anyone blame fucking Azura's voiceactor or some shit because it's bullshit and VALSHE has posted her own fucking voice on youtube free of charge for anyone anywhere to see so if they're really going to try and pull that shit I'm not a fan of them anymore
oh well at least beans are confirmed

Aghhhh, no dual audio??? That's awful news, I was really looking forward to Yuki Kaji's voice acting since he's my favorite voice actor from Japan...I hope they release it later as DLC or something. Can't believe this is because of a single song. Is it wrong to hope that maybe only the special edition game didn't have dual audio but the individual copies will? Haaaah, well, at least I like Takumi's english voice so there's something...

can you turn off the short sentences the characters say when you're reading the dialogue? i believe it was possible in awakening but i'm not sure. can someone please confirm it for me. i'd rather have no audio than shitty dubs, so i'm definitely turning it off if possible.

well I saw a story voices option when they were in the options so I assume thats it.

NoA will probably continue getting blamed until they themselves give the reason. I'm just assuming that most people are extra salty, because they had plenty of time to come out and say that there wouldn't be dual audio.

Precisely.

I am going to spend upwards of $100-150 on this game, as I purchased the SE for my little brother and I'll have to buy the other paths + DLC for myself. I should have had all this info prior to making these purchases. I am still going to play this thing after a year of impatient waiting, but if I had known about these changes sooner I would have chosen to skip. I was so excited for Fates. These changes and general lack of caring from NOA are disrespectful because they have not informed their very picky fanbase about them. Also, this game is all that my little brother has talked about for the last year, and he's even more upset about the changes than I am. Way to ruin his birthday present.

It's too bad that Nintendo suddenly changed from dual audio to no dual audio. If awakening did not have dual audio, salt would been less salty.

Taking away is so much worse than not having it from beginning.

that's so true.

Edited by BruceLee

I can confirm that there's a "Voice Volume" option in FE13. You can turn it all the way down to mute the voices.

This is so disappointing, I'm not even from North America (my native language is spanish) and am a HUGE fan of japanese voice actors so not being given the option to choose the language of the audio sucks. Just as some of you guys said, it's disrespectful to be learning of these stuff not even a month before the game releases. And the game is not getting any cheaper for these changes. If I had known this beforehand, I would have considered getting the japanese version.

It's too bad that Nintendo suddenly changed from dual audio to no dual audio. If awakening did not have dual audio, salt would been less salty.

To be fair, as I've said, Nintendo of America has never done dual audio on its own. It's always NoE or 8-4, as was the case with Xenoblade and Fire Emblem: Awakening, respectively.

I can live with just a dubbed version, but i'm quite confused about this? What added benefit does not having subbed version give? I mean the voices are already there and Awakening shows that they're at least aware that there are people that want to play their Fire Emblem with subs.

I can live with just a dubbed version, but i'm quite confused about this? What added benefit does not having subbed version give? I mean the voices are already there and Awakening shows that they're at least aware that there are people that want to play their Fire Emblem with subs.

Most likely the cost of licensing.

that's so true. damn you nintendo.

Licensing issues, my friends. We've got one singers debut single in the game (Renkah), and another doing voice work (VALSHE).

Keep any NOA hate spiels to yourselves, for the moment.

Licensing issues, my friends. We've got one singers debut single in the game (Renkah), and another doing voice work (VALSHE).

Keep any NOA hate spiels to yourselves, for the moment.

Ah that makes more sense. I never really though about voice actors receiving extra pay when their work is used in more continents. I just thought they received a set amount for lending their voice to the game.

I remember being extremely irked at the E3 trailer voice work. However, after watching it a few times, it was all fine (minus "I WON'T SURRENDER").

I think part of the reason why it irks people as much as it does is that they're simply not used to English voice work, and end up being hyper-critical of it. The only things that bother me about the dub are (a) Effie and (b) WEVE GOT TRUBBL.

It's true, with limited exposure it's hard to determine how much I'll like the voice-work. I cringed when the Japanese website showed the voice clips for Oboro, but I've since gotten accustomed to it enough that it doesn't bother me (as much). But it's not simply a matter of disliking the English voice-work for some characters, I also just really enjoy the voices in Japanese. Camilla and Hinoka's voices in Japanese are perfect for their characters and I'd miss them even if their English counterparts were decent.

By licensing issues do you mean that the VA refuses to let the western version use their voice? Or that it costs too much? I don't know very well how it works.

It's not the VAs that are refusing, but rather the agencies they are working for.

Voice acting in Japan is a pretty big deal, and the agencies can be very possesive of their work.

Actually, when it comes to licensing, japanese companies are rather controlling of their rights.

Have you ever noticed how many anime in the west sometimes have a different opening or it's just the instrumental version?

This all because of licensing issues.