Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a huge bummer for me, I honestly preferred the Japanese voice acting in Awakening, it not like the dub did anything wrong but the Japanese voice just sounds more appealing. I don't understand if it's because of translation problems or file problems but I think it is a downgrade from having no dual audio. They did with a Awakening and a lot people were okay with it. (the glitches were a bit strange but I lived with it).

My best hope right now is DLC or added content later, or maybe the option just wasn't in what polygon shown. Maybe it's locked until release date, maybe it will be there....maybe....maybe...maybe.

I'm going to go cry and save up my money for both the English and the Japanese version of Fates, now if you excuse me..

Lame... A lot of the English voices irk me, particularly Hinoka.

Guess I'll just play the Japanese version then.

If your willing...better use the fan translation since the Japanese voices are still there. Doubt if the voices are translated though.

Hi, I'm one of the more inactive members of that team.

So we're going from English patch to undubbing. Prepare the Cease and Desist orders... we're going to even more sketchy legality territory.

The difficulty isn't the problem. It's that.

The Persona Q and Ace Attorney undubs are still up and about so I don't imagine it will be a problem to do an undub. I mean if Atlus (basically Sega) and Capcom haven't taken those down why not try with Fates?

No dual-audio is a shame. I still hope it can return in the Europe version, but I think, unfortunately, it'll not be here too... I was really hopping to hear Kaji Yuki... Oh well, I think I'll be able to get used of the english voices of everybody... Except maybe Effie...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you just disable the voices altogether in the options menu, and mute the cutscenes. At least you could still support the English version this way.

I'll be playing this entire thing on mute.

The only thing I've looked forward to for months has been completely slaughtered.

Thanks, NOA.

Why do people keep mentioning NOA? If anyone is to blame, it'll be the companies that VALSHE and Renka work for having sticks up their arses about licensing.

[spoiler=An example of how anal these companies can be]

I'm not able to comment as to whether or not this is the reason we've removed Japanese voice tracks from some of our past titles, but I can give a relatively well-known example from the world of anime: Kodocha. When that show was brought to the U.S. by The Right Stuf, there were major licensing problems associated with the first opening theme, "19 O'Clock News" by the band Tokio. Not only was that song originally used as the opening theme for episodes 1-51 of the show, but Tokio's lead singer Mamo made a cameo appearance in episode 1 as himself, exchanging a few lines of dialogue with the series' main character Sana. And when the show was brought over to North America, absolutely NONE of that could be used due to licensing issues. Not only did Right Stuf have to substitute the second opening theme (originally used in episodes 52-102 of the anime) in place of the first, but they had to bleep out all of Mamo's lines from the Japanese language track on the DVD, and I think they even had to bleep out Mamo's NAME when Sana spoke it!

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525009

I believe I remember hearing something about one of the VAs for the game saying that if they didn't like their voice just turn on the Japanese in reply to a salty fan comment on twitter or something. But don't quote me on that because I never actually saw the source info, and it was in a youtube comment that mentioned about that VA post. At this point in time, since skinship's out, I can most certainly believe they'd take out Dual Audio as well. Just take a look at the Eu port of Xenoblade Chronicles for NA then XenoChro 3DS and now XenoX. FIrst had Dual Audio albeit being a very niche game at the time, once it became super famous and popular, Dual Audio gone. Same situation with FE:Awakening. Very niche at the time and potentially final game in the series, then boom popularity galore. So I wouldn't doubt what localization would and wouldn't do because now they're basically treating themselves as gods on what should be given to us. Arguably imo if Dual Audio is gone from Fates, NOA will not be seeing anymore purchases from me for the series, especially so if they didn't replace skinship with something more appropriate that utilizes the assets well.

Skinship is just the 2D models talking to you now, so don't worry. Though the dual audio thing kinda bugged me.

Why do people keep mentioning NOA? If anyone is to blame, it'll be the companies that VALSHE and Renka work for having sticks up their arses about licensing.

[spoiler=An example of how anal these companies can be]

I'm not able to comment as to whether or not this is the reason we've removed Japanese voice tracks from some of our past titles, but I can give a relatively well-known example from the world of anime: Kodocha. When that show was brought to the U.S. by The Right Stuf, there were major licensing problems associated with the first opening theme, "19 O'Clock News" by the band Tokio. Not only was that song originally used as the opening theme for episodes 1-51 of the show, but Tokio's lead singer Mamo made a cameo appearance in episode 1 as himself, exchanging a few lines of dialogue with the series' main character Sana. And when the show was brought over to North America, absolutely NONE of that could be used due to licensing issues. Not only did Right Stuf have to substitute the second opening theme (originally used in episodes 52-102 of the anime) in place of the first, but they had to bleep out all of Mamo's lines from the Japanese language track on the DVD, and I think they even had to bleep out Mamo's NAME when Sana spoke it!

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525009

NoA will probably continue getting blamed until they themselves give the reason. I'm just assuming that most people are extra salty, because they had plenty of time to come out and say that there wouldn't be dual audio.

NoA will probably continue getting blamed until they themselves give the reason. I'm just assuming that most people are extra salty, because they had plenty of time to come out and say that there wouldn't be dual audio.

Now that I've had some time to ruminate, I think it's more due to name recognition than anything else i.e. how many people could name Being inc. or Nippon Columbia compared to how many could name Nintendo/NOA.

I still think people are hilariously over-reacting here.

I mean, so what? If it didn't get dubbed for whatever reason, you'd here a few mumblings, but at the end of the day the people who personally would've preferred a dub would still buy it.

But instead we see people being nitpicky and (incorrectly) blaming NOA for "slaughtering" the product.

I remember being extremely irked at the E3 trailer voice work. However, after watching it a few times, it was all fine (minus "I WON'T SURRENDER").

I think part of the reason why it irks people as much as it does is that they're simply not used to English voice work, and end up being hyper-critical of it. The only things that bother me about the dub are (a) Effie and (b) WEVE GOT TRUBBL.

Dat Prologue cutscene voice acting.

I think I'm going to play this on mute.

I didn't hear anything so offensive to elicit such a kneejerk reaction.

It's two badasses in the middle of a combat situation; they sound determined enough.

The only real complaint I have is the grunts are a bit hammy, but the synchronized "HOIYAAAH!!!" from when they clash in the Japanese version of the cutscene was even moreso (along with Ryoma's "taYAH" and Xander's "hoiuUH").

Intonation wise things seam to be about the same. The only real differences are the actual voices.

Real talk: why should that be a priority? The people who'd throw a fit about it and/or go so far as to pirate/boycott the product because of the lack of dual audio are a distinctly small minority. Really, I don't see any actual negative effects coming from them not announcing it beforehand; if anything, we would've had even more salt alongside the overblown skinship debacle.

So, they may lose a few hundred sales. That's a drop in the bucket.

*Note: I am not defending this as much as I am simply trying to explain/justify it.

Does anyone else think they should include a patch for the Japanese audio? I mean if they know whats good for them. At this point I feel like they don't give a rat's ass about fates...

Have you looked at none of the posts about why they can't do it?

Licensing. We've got a Japanese singer's debut single in the game (Renkah) and another doing voice acting (VALSHE).

To put it bluntly, licensing is a bitch.

Edited by The DanMan

Have you looked at none of the posts about why they can't do it?

Licensing. We've got on Japanese singer's debut single in the game (Renkah) and another doing voice acting (VALSHE).

To put it bluntly, licensing is a bitch.

Shit! I keep forgetting about the singer and everything... I barely cared about Azura's character (I still love her but yeah). That totally makes sense though,sadly I feel like some weebs won't undertstand this and will complain all day anyways.

Okay, can we seriously stop using the word Weeb/Weeaboo around here?

It's stupid, dumb and offensive. The word was created as an insult and it's pretty painful seeing people on this board portray certain niche groups of gamers as "weeaboos"

Okay, can we seriously stop using the word Weeb/Weeaboo around here?

It's stupid, dumb and offensive. The word was created as an insult and it's pretty painful seeing people on this board portray certain niche groups of gamers as "weeaboos"

Lol okay, "people who prefer the Japanese over english". So much work typing out that over one word~

For the sake of definition, a weeaboo is someone who finds everything in Japan superior to every other culture and is obsessed with everything that has to do with this country.

Simply liking an aspect or many aspects that come from this country does not make you a weeaboo.

Back on topic, no dual audio is unfortunate but I'll live.

For the sake of definition, a weeaboo is someone who finds everything in Japan superior to every other culture and is obsessed with everything that has to do with this country.

Simply liking an aspect or many aspects that come from this country does not make you a weeaboo.

Back on topic, no dual audio is unfortunate but I'll live.

I understand that. Basically I meant the people who complain about everything not being in game will still complain. My bad I guess.~

Edited by GrayClouds23

No dual-audio is a shame. I still hope it can return in the Europe version, but I think, unfortunately, it'll not be here too... I was really hopping to hear Kaji Yuki... Oh well, I think I'll be able to get used of the english voices of everybody... Except maybe Effie...

Come to think of it, none of the Nintendo games Nintendo of America localized included dual audio. It's always been either 8-4 (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Nintendo of Europe (Xenoblade Chronicles, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Bayonetta [2] and Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water) or Square Enix (Bravely Default). The closest thing I can find to NoA including dual audio is Super Smash Bros. Melee, and even then it's more of a general Japanese language option (text is affected too) and only Jigglypuff and a few of Fox, Falco, Mewtwo, and the announcer's lines (the VAs are the same) are actually affected by it.

Nintendo of Europe, on the other hand, has had a great track record with dual audio, even going as far to add it in their version of Rhythm Heaven Fever (Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise) and fix the bugs involving it in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Nintendo of America is Atlus-tier with their dual audio at best. So I think you can get your hopes up for dual audio in the PAL version.

So it might not be licensing or space issues after all. It could be NoA just not giving a hoot.

Come to think of it, none of the Nintendo games Nintendo of America localized included dual audio. It's always been either 8-4 (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Nintendo of Europe (Xenoblade Chronicles, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Bayonetta [2] and Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water) or Square Enix (Bravely Default). The closest thing I can find to NoA including dual audio is Super Smash Bros. Melee, and even then it's more of a general Japanese language option (text is affected too) and only Jigglypuff and a few of Fox, Falco, Mewtwo, and the announcer's lines (the VAs are the same) are actually affected by it.

Nintendo of Europe, on the other hand, has had a great track record with dual audio, even going as far to add it in their version of Rhythm Heaven Fever (Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise) and fix the bugs involving it in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Nintendo of America is Atlus-tier with their dual audio at best. So I think you can get your hopes up for dual audio in the PAL version.

So it might not be licensing or space issues after all. It could be NoA just not giving a hoot.

...Ow, okay, I see. Well, if it's licensing issue, I understand if it'll not be include either... (Still, I don't understand how it can be a issue since it was a song for the game)

Well, I prefer to think the dual audio will not be include in the Europe version, and, in the best case, be happier if I see it's in than the opposite. I'm not really born for emotional roller coaster x)

I juste hope they announce a release date soon...