Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're like a textbook definition of "the pot calling the kettle black."

And? I never claim to not be. I think those people are totally lame for criticizing my favorite dub in the history of dubs, Xenoblade Chronicles, and it soured me on dual audio as a result. I'll never pretend to be something I'm not

Also my ace attorney thing still stands because the defence attorneys get three voice clips max and the prosecutors get one so why even bother. especially in the original trilogy where Ben Judd's Phoenix was positively perfect.

I didn't even mention Persona Q, but Yukari and Mitsuru have some of my favorite voices in gaming and I adore Tara Platt. I'm finding it hard to dislike Persona's dub in the first place. The cast is superb.

And? I never claim to not be. I think those people are totally lame for criticizing my favorite dub in the history of dubs, Xenoblade Chronicles, and it soured me on dual audio as a result. I'll never pretend to be something I'm not

Oh no criticism! Whatever will we do?

Sigh... I'm trying to not be too salty over this, but no dual audio makes me really sad, since it's probably the one feature of the localization that I have a strong opinion on. It's not even that I think Japanese voice acting is superior for all occasions, I just prefer to enjoy products (movies, anime, games, etc.) with the original audio, regardless of what language the original was in. But if it's a licensing issue, I completely understand and will just suck it up.

Honestly, at this point, the localization has gone through way too much drama and I'm too tired to care now; just gonna wait for my English copy in peace...

I wish Nintendo of America would comment on why they chose not to include dual audio for the US release. Although the possible reasons discussed here are plausible, we will not truly know why the American version just has the dub until they say something officially.

As a UK fan, I can only hope Nintendo of Europe do not go down the same path. I hope they retain the Japanese audio when they release Fates over here or at least have it as DLC should they not include the original language in the game. As someone who speaks and learns Japanese, I prefer to play Fire Emblem with Japanese audio. I did give the dub a fair crack of the whip by watching English gameplay videos but found it left much to be desired and was severely lacking in quality and delivery compared to the other language version.

If Nintendo of Europe do not include the original audio or release it as DLC, then I personally shall be playing Fates with the voices disabled. I will buy, play and like the routes I choose but I will not enjoy them nearly as much if the option to choose Japanese is not present.

Edited by phoenixmiko

+1 Phoenixmiko.

But I'm afraid we will get the exactly same version in Europe. :(

Me too. It is likely that Europe will suffer the same fate (pun not intended) and I am not at all looking forward to it.

It could be solely the Special Edition (SE) which has a lack of dual audio due to the fact it has all three games on one card and may not have enough space to include a Japanese option. It would make sense. I sincerely hope this is the case for America so the separate editions of Fates are not affected. Nintendo of America is unlikely to reverse their decision for the absence of dual audio in the SE after all.

Should this happen in the EU, I hope it is the SE (sorry fans who bought it) which is only missing the Japanese.

Edited by phoenixmiko

Me too. It is likely that Europe will suffer the same fate (pun not intended) and I am not at all looking forward to it.

It could be that solely the Special Edition which has a lack of dual audio due to the fact it has all three games on one card and not enough space to include a Japanese option. I sincerely hope this is the case.

NoE did go the extra mile to add dual audio to their version of Rhythm Heaven Fever and fix the glitches involving it in Fire Emblem: Awakening though.

So it's possible.

http://www.nintendo-difference.com/news33947-fire-emblem-fates--le-doublage-japonais-ne-sera-pas-inclus-nouvelle-bande-annonce.htm

A french article about english only in NA version.

They are highly insisting how the game is still very good and how it is not a deal breaker.

By the way it is written, I feel somekind of akwardness.

It's true in France we are not really fond of dub.

Anyway this doesn't sound good....

By the way do we know if the dub can be disabled during scenes or only during dialogs/fight?

Edited by Paposaure

NoE did go the extra mile to add dual audio to their version of Rhythm Heaven Fever and fix the glitches involving it in Fire Emblem: Awakening though.

So it's possible.

You're assuming that there's an "extra mile" to be had in this case. At this point I highly doubt that NoA "didn't try hard enough" and that NoE supposedly cares more. Seems more like the agencies representing VALSHE and Renkah simply don't want their work outside of Japan. Edited by TheFantasm

Honestly, if you're not going to get the game because of no dual audio, that's cool. If you're still going to get the game despite the lack of dual audio, that's cool too.

Can we all try to relax now? What's done is done.

Edited by carefreejules

It's true in France we are not really fond of dub.

Anyway this doesn't sound good....

By the way do we know if the dub can be disabled during scenes or only during dialogs/fight?

It depends. Awakening were excellent, and I never play with the japanese voices. But yeah, what you say is quite right.

For your question, I'm not sure. There is a voice volume option, but I don't know if it's just for the fights or for all.

You're assuming that there's an "extra mile" to be had in this case. At this point I highly doubt that NoA "didn't try hard enough" and that NoE supposedly cares more. Seems more like the agencies representing VALSHE and Renkah simply don't want their work outside of Japan.

And what if it'll not have licensing issue for the European version ? Well, it's a big if, but... It's a possibility. More improbable than probable, yeah.

Edited by Ledrert

Radiant Dawn comes to mind. That game got slaughtered in the localisation and I'm pretty sure there wasn't anywhere near as much backlash.

NOA probably won't come right out and say it, possibly because of an NDA, but it's very likely that it was a licensing agreement that prevented dual audio. Hitori Omou was Renka's debut single, so her agency would've been very interested in licensing it and then there's VALSHE and her agencies. Still, even without that, Japan takes VA work much more seriously than the West does, to the point where some contracts forbid the use of their work outside of Japan at all.

The series wasn't as popular as before. :/

It could be solely the Special Edition (SE) which has a lack of dual audio due to the fact it has all three games on one card and may not have enough space to include a Japanese option. It would make sense. I sincerely hope this is the case for America so the separate editions of Fates are not affected. Nintendo of America is unlikely to reverse their decision for the absence of dual audio in the SE after all.

Should this happen in the EU, I hope it is the SE (sorry fans who bought it) which is only missing the Japanese.

I hope that it is true.

Otherwise it has to be time constraints. I mean. It's three paths in one fucking game. Awakening had it because it was only one.

Is Koyasu voicing anybody in this game? This will probably affect which version of the game I buy more than anything else.

Edit: Just googled it. He voices Zero. Guess I have to buy IF now.

Edited by Asakim

You're assuming that there's an "extra mile" to be had in this case. At this point I highly doubt that NoA "didn't try hard enough" and that NoE supposedly cares more. Seems more like the agencies representing VALSHE and Renkah simply don't want their work outside of Japan.

But here's the thing. Nintendo of America has never included dual audio in games they've localized. It's always been 8-4 or NoE.

I wasn't sure if this was the right thread to ask but could anyone link me to a video or tell what chapter it is where Felicia says, "Awawawa" in the Japanese version? (The line replaced by "We've got trouble"?

I seen a comment about this on an FE:F youtube vid. I wanna hear what it sounds like. Sounds like an awesome text message alert.

Edit: Found it. Ch. 10. Norh Side. She doesn't say, "Awawawa". (freakin youtube comments). She says, "Ah! Taihen desu!" which, in this context would imply, "grave danger".

Edited by JasonsOrigin

People talk about licensing issues for particular voice actors, but if it were only a few couldn't nintendo have re-dubbed (in Japanese) those few characters? It wouldn't be exactly the same but at least the whole ship wouldn't get sunk by some anal licensing studios.

People talk about licensing issues for particular voice actors, but if it were only a few couldn't nintendo have re-dubbed (in Japanese) those few characters? It wouldn't be exactly the same but at least the whole ship wouldn't get sunk by some anal licensing studios.

While it is possible, it's unlikely.

Nintendo probably didn't think it was worth it, since dual audio is something that only a select number of fans will buy a game for.

They probably could've re-dubbed VALSHE if they wanted to go the extra mile, but I highly doubt they would've been able to re-dub Hitori Omou considering that it was Renka's debut single and was released on CD, which pretty much makes it 'her song' (It's possible Nintendo might've contacted her agency and asked them to write the song as well, but I have no idea if that's what happened). It's likely they would've needed permission from her agency to re-dub the song because of Copywrite complications. Considering that, again, it's her debut single and the people in charge of licensing can be very draconian in Japan, they probably wouldn't have let it happen. It's very likely the only options that NOA had were either localise the game without Dual Audio or not release it at all outside of Japan.

Edited by Phillius

Lack of dual audio = licensing problems with some of the Japanese VAs' agencies? Got it. That's a very reasonable reason for why dual audio wouldn't be in this game. NoA doesn't hate your guts and want to ruin your life. The amount of people jumping to conclusions and overreacting in this thread is astounding.

Yeah...If it were the skinship business, it would be easily remedied by cherry picking lines and just leaving those in in the Japanese voice mode. But its likely licensing and now i hear that Aqua's song is the debut single of that singer? Ohhhhhh yeaaahhhh thats a thing, guys.

Nintendo probably didn't think it was worth it, since dual audio is something that only a select number of fans will buy a game for.

This, more or less. People who play in Japanese voices are a minority, in the eyes of the company. Its a convenience or luxury. A whistle and bell.

That said, i am sympathetic to those who wanted it really bad. Because its a really nice whistle and bell for those who have that kind of preference. It is a legit bummer its outtie. But i really think people are blowing the quality of the dub out of proportion. Outright declaring it terrible when they havent seen it all yet.

Hey guys, look on the bright side: What if there had been no voices at all! Or it could be as bad as a 4kids dub!

At least we've got something that isn't half bad (imo) :^_^:

I prefer no voices to dub. That's why i will be playing on mute.

Edited by BruceLee

I prefer no voices to dub. That's why i will be playing on mute.

I've forgotten about muting lol, it can be useful! (I won't be doing it though.)

Edited by Jin

Right, I don't think they would. But people were talking about Nintendo going the extra mile, so they could have included dual audio if they really wanted to.