Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

I don't mind the lack of dual audio. It's something I never expect to be included so I always see it as a bonus.

What REALLY bothers me is the lack of Spanish/French text. Ever since the mid-DS/Wii years Treehouse has been very consistent with including multi-language in all their big releases (outside of a few small eShop games), so it really sucks that they decided to skimp on this in one of their most awaited releases this gen.

I know this is something most people here don't care about, and to me it's not a deal-breaker since I can read English just fine, but not including multi-language is a deal-breaker for a lot of Latinos, and I'm sure you can figure out why.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the lack of dual audio. It's something I never expect to be included so I always see it as a bonus.

What REALLY bothers me is the lack of Spanish/French text. Ever since the mid-DS/Wii years Treehouse has been very consistent with including multi-language in all their big releases (outside of a few small eShop games), so it really sucks that they decided to skimp on this in one of their most awaited releases this gen.

I know this is something most people here don't care about, and to me it's not a deal-breaker since I can read English just fine, but not including multi-language is a deal-breaker for a lot of Latinos, and I'm sure you can figure out why.

Oooof thats a thing? I thought they were just talking about the audio. Man that is a real fuggin' bummer. Probably too much text to translate, but still.... : (

People talk about licensing issues for particular voice actors, but if it were only a few couldn't nintendo have re-dubbed (in Japanese) those few characters? It wouldn't be exactly the same but at least the whole ship wouldn't get sunk by some anal licensing studios.

But then what's the point? People are upset because they want to play with the original voices.

But then what's the point? People are upset because they want to play with the original voices.

I mean redubb just the ones they can't get a license for. People here are of the opinion that it was only a few voice talents here blocking the whole inclusion of the Japanese audio. People who wanted THOSE particular voices are SOL but they could have included the other ones.

I mean redubb just the ones they can't get a license for. People here are of the opinion that it was only a few voice talents here blocking the whole inclusion of the Japanese audio. People who wanted THOSE particular voices are SOL but they could have included the other ones.

People still would've bitched because those particular ones are gone. What would they do? Use the dub voices as a substitute for the ones that are troubled by licensing? People would complain that it's tacky. Contact other Japanese VAs? That'd be a huge pain in the ass for NoA and it's not even a guarantee considering how stingy agencies can be anyway. There's no simple solution whenever ownership comes into play.

• 3 weeks later...