Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just re-confirmed it. Very disappointing.

Licensing and costs may have been the cause, but it still is a real loss. Awakening had it. Fates' dub is not sounding too good. It's very unfortunate, just about everything that's happening with the localization.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't mind the lack of dual audio but it's not too big a deal for me. the only thing I'm sad about is not being able to hear a few of my fave Japanese actors, since most of them are in Fates.

ah well, what's done is done.

Edited by rinshiiya

To be fair, I might not have been NoA's choice.

There are two are two VAs in the japanese version that are well-know singers.

They could not have managed to get the right for their voices as it was said earlier.

such a shame. sigh......

so help me if skinship is a black screen fade I will flip. well I'll just listen to english voices oh right Hinoka and Camilla's voices are awful looks I'll be muting the voices.

Edited by goldenlance7

This saddens me quite well. Well, I had a feeling NoA would take their cliche localization route. Looks like I'll have to adjust to the english voices for this title -_-. At the very least I know not to trust NoA anymore. And yes, I can acknowledge that rights were probably a factor, still doesn't change the fact I'm pretty salty. Also inb4 Bravely Second is English locked.

Edited by Kanethedragon

This saddens me quite well. Well, I had a feeling NoA would take their cliche localization route. Looks like I'll have to adjust to the english voices for this title -_-. At the very least I know not to trust NoA anymore. And yes, I can acknowledge that rights were probably a factor, still doesn't change the fact I'm pretty salty. Also inb4 Bravely Second is English locked.

*Ahem*

To be fair, I might not have been NoA's choice.

There are two are two VAs in the japanese version that are well-know singers.

They could not have managed to get the right for their voices as it was said earlier.

*Ahem*

And yes, I can acknowledge that rights were probably a factor, still doesn't change the fact I'm pretty salty. Also inb4 Bravely Second is English locked.

I've already explained in detail earlier why I have been losing faith in NoA. This was just the final nail in the coffin.

This doesn't mean I'm done with Nintendo, Fates, or FE it just means I'm done with NoA.

Edited by Kanethedragon

I think the Japanese Voice Acting is great, but I'm going to give the English voice acting a chance since I don't think the voice acting is as bad as people make it out to be. Of course, we all have our owns standards and expectations, but it can't be helped, unfortunately. At the very least, dual audio isn't something that was in the original game so it's not like we're losing content from the Japanese version.

Sure it was in Awakening, but I'm going to pin it on the fact that since it was supposed to be the last Fire Emblem in the series, they wanted to add as much extra content as they can and I do strongly agree that they probably went with this decision because of licensing issues with some of the bigger Japanese voice actors. I find that reasonable enough for its exclusion.

Edited by carefreejules

I've already explained in detail earlier why I have been losing faith in NoA. This was just the final nail in the coffin.

This doesn't mean I'm done with Nintendo, Fates, or FE it just means I'm done with NoA.

You are aware that this is the japanese voice acting industry fault, and not NoA's?

If licensing and copyright issues are indeed the reason, im sorry but i cant be salty. Mostly because i know just how much of a pain in the ass such things are, and how rights work. If they couldnt get licensing for the singer's (and Tsukuyomi's voice actor), then they cant do anything about that legally. I dont want those VAs/Singers getting the shaft, so im not going to get all salty about the lack of dual audio.

Now if it has nothing to do with licensing, and is indeed due to the removal of skinship or something, then ill join the salt mines. But i highly doubt thats the reason. It is shitty that those who enjoy dual audio dont get the chance to use it this time around.

So how is this the final nail in the coffin if IS's voice casting decisions basically shot it there with a nail gun?

Rights are rights, and there wasn't really a thing that NOA could've done on the matter.

I understand how you feel.

So how is this the final nail in the coffin if IS's voice casting decisions basically shot it there with a nail gun?

Rights are rights, and there wasn't really a thing that NOA could've done on the matter.

Whatever the reason may be for no Japanese audio, even if it was outside Nintendo's control and not their fault, there's only so much bad news with the localization that I can take before I would rather just buy the Japanese version instead. No dual audio was the deal breaker for me.

I could have put up with no skinshipping, the name changes, the character rewrites, the sometimes odd translation, the English dub wouldn't be an issue if Japanese audio was there, but at some point, I draw the line with how much poor localization I am willing to put up with.

Fates looks like a fantastic game and I do want to buy it and play it... just not like this.

Edited by XaosLogos

They could've at least been transparent about it all like companies such as XSEED where they TELL their fans what they can and can not do and why exactly they can't do it. This is why I was able to deal with the localization of titles like RF4. Nintendo hasn't, plus not only that, their policy with amiibo and making the NN3DS a limited release all got me relatively annoyed. And then there's Xenoblade, yeah there may not have been space on the Wii U disc or 3DS cart for Dual Audio, but they could've included it as a download for either a small fee or for free like I recently heard one of IFI, XSEED, or NISA did recently. There's only so much a fan can put up with until they get annoyed at policy from a large company when much much smaller ones do what they can.

I understand how you feel.

Whatever the reason may be for no Japanese audio, even if it was outside Nintendo's control and not their fault, there's only so much bad news with the localization that I can take before I would rather just buy the Japanese version insread. No dual audio was the deal breaker for me.

I could have put up with no skinshipping, the name changes, the character rewrites, the sometimes odd translation, the English dub wouldn't be an issue if Japanese audio was there, but at some point, I draw the line with how much poor localization I am willing to put up with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting the game, all of it's DLC, all of Smash's DLC, XenoX, etc. It's just once I'm done with everything on my list that's it for NoA from me.