Buddy Seals in Awakening

ChaosGallade

Buddy Seals are a new kind of seal in Fire Emblem: Fates that lets a character take on the class of a same-gender person they have a support with.

This is a just for fun thing, so I want to hear your thoughts on how the Buddy Seals could work on the Awakening characters.

I'll give an example here:

Ricken can support with both Gregor and Henry. With a Buddy Seal, he can get Mercenary from Gregor and Dark Mage from Henry.

Another example: Sumia and Cordelia can support each other, but they share the same primary class of Pegasus Knight. With a Buddy Seal, Sumia could inherit Mercenary or Dark Mage from Cordelia, while Cordelia can get Knight or Cleric from Sumia (correct me if I'm wrong about this)

Feel free to discuss any practicalities on any new classes that end up with certain characters. What I mean here is what Buddy Seal combinations can you think of that can make Awakening units better?

Mods: If this isn't right, feel free to close this thread.

Edit: I'll include Marriage Seals too, since they let spouses gain each others' class. This can make Donnel even more useful than he already is, like getting Cavalier from Sully.

Edited by ChaosGallade

I'd say that perhaps you could give Morgan/Robin the Lord class if they are the same gender as Lucina/Chrom with a buddy seal :XD: just for pure fun of course! That said I think a marriage seal would have been nice (then Chrom could reclass into every gender permitting class if he married F!Robin :XD:). Or Sumia getting cavalier from Sully as well as myrmidon...I smell a vantage + vengace combo Sumia with buddy sealing if that were possible O.O

nope, we're keeping stuff about fartes in fartes still

Thanks; wasn't sure where to put this.

I'd say that perhaps you could give Morgan/Robin the Lord class if they are the same gender as Lucina/Chrom with a buddy seal :XD: just for pure fun of course! That said I think a marriage seal would have been nice (then Chrom could reclass into every gender permitting class if he married F!Robin :XD:). Or Sumia getting cavalier from Sully as well as myrmidon...I smell a vantage + vengace combo Sumia with buddy sealing if that were possible O.O

Just as Nohr Prince/Princess is Corrin's personal class, I think that Lord would be better as personal classes for Chrom and Lucina. They'll pass down Cavalier to whoever they Buddy Seal with instead.

And yes, Cavalier Sumia would be good too, since she'll also get the Pavise + Aegis combination.

I don't think you'd have two additional classes to parallel seal any more in awakening, like Chrom gets cavalier but not archer as his secondary class and Virion would get wyvern rider as his second (it makes more sense than mage, since wyverns are native to his homeland but I never found how being a mage would benefit him). With the A+ support they'd be able to get their third class set, and if married, a fourth one. That'd make the game more balanced, like what they've done in Fates. Either that or getting way too many classes for every character. For example, Stahl marrying Cordelia and buddying Kellam could end up with nine classes (cavalier, archer and myrmidon of his own, knight, priest and thief from Kellam, and mercenary, dark mage and, probably, fighter from Cordelia). The same for every other character, not to mention those that marry the avatar, getting all the classes. People were saying that the avatar's kids were broken, just to make everybody else broken as well. With limited class grabbing, one could foresee Sully bonding with Sumia and Panne with Cordelia in every game to grab the galeforce and Lonqu and Ricken befriending Gregor to learn armsthrift. Because Gregor is good teacher, yes? Like what I said, too broken, and too predictable too. Classes should be limited to two natural (three for the antisocial characters with no supports) and two acquired.

Funny how even with a Buddy Seal or Marriage Seal, it would be impossible for Miriel to get Galeforce. At least Panne would from Cordelia, and by extension, Yarne. Chrom could also get access to Renewal and Miracle from Lissa. What I wonder is, would characters be able to get gender-exclusive classes this way? If so, Chrom could get Lancefaire, Rally Movement and Galeforce from Sumia, Cordelia could get Counter from Vaike, and Libra could get Rally Resistance from Maribelle.

Funny how even with a Buddy Seal or Marriage Seal, it would be impossible for Miriel to get Galeforce. At least Panne would from Cordelia, and by extension, Yarne. Chrom could also get access to Renewal and Miracle from Lissa. What I wonder is, would characters be able to get gender-exclusive classes this way? If so, Chrom could get Lancefaire, Rally Movement and Galeforce from Sumia, Cordelia could get Counter from Vaike, and Libra could get Rally Resistance from Maribelle.

Cherche wouldn't be able to get Galeforce either since the girls she supports with (Miriel and Nowi) don't have Pegasus Knight.

Cherche wouldn't be able to get Galeforce either since the girls she supports with (Miriel and Nowi) don't have Pegasus Knight.

WRONG. Nowi can theoretically Marriage Seal with Donnel to get the Fighter/Warrior classes, but since that class is restricted to males, she would instead get the Pegasus Knight class! :3

WRONG. Nowi can theoretically Marriage Seal with Donnel to get the Fighter/Warrior classes, but since that class is restricted to males, she would instead get the Pegasus Knight class! :3

Easy, there.

I made that post under the notion that Buddy Seals only pass down natural secondary reclass options, not those inherited from other Buddy Sealed classes.

Yeah, only natural classes can be passed by Buddy/Marriage Seal. Nowi can theoretically get Pegasus Knight from that, if they wouldn't be able to pass male-restricted classes, but she can still only pass Mage and Wyvern Rider (Which really isn't a bad idea because that means one extra character gets Sage).