A quick question about localisation

Zervinio

Hello everyone! This is my first post i think..anyway i have a quick question: Is it possible that if NoA doesn't get skinship/dual audio, Europe might get it? I mean can the localisations differ that much or is it the same for everyone but Japan? Thank you.

I don't know for sure, but the answer is most likely no. While there were differences between in Awakening between America and Europe (the European version didn't censor Tharja's bikini scene, but 'boing-y bits' got changed to 'silky hair' in the Harvest Scramble). The censorship styles also differ, with the US having plenty of violence while sexy stuff gets censored, while sex and other such things are found easily in Europe with violence being censored. However, I've been told that the localisations for US and Europe are extremely similar regardless of cultural differences, so it's likely it'll still be cut.

I would expect Europe, as a bastion of civilisation, to show the same cool head and sense of enlightened restraint that the NoA department had and cut what needs to be cut. I assume that the blatantly homophobic conversion therapy was cut as well. It's not even up to debate so much as a sign of whether or not the localisation teams are doing what they've been paid to do.

Edited by Parrhesia