Localization Info Topic

VincentASM

Elise seems to be aged up in the localized version. In a stream Leo tells her to ''Behave like the adult you technically are''

Elise being an adult clearly stretches it but if she is then I wonder how old Leo is then because he doesn't quite look like an adult himself either.

I could see both of them being 18/19. I'm almost 21 but everyone who doesn't know me thinks I'm 16 because of my baby-face, so I don't consider it as much of a stretch as the average person.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elise seems to be aged up in the localized version. In a stream Leo tells her to ''Behave like the adult you technically are''

Elise being an adult clearly stretches it but if she is then I wonder how old Leo is then because he doesn't quite look like an adult himself either.

At this point, I'm willing to believe most any age shenanigans, given the people I work with being relatively old compared to their actual appearance, and this girl right here being TWELVE YEARS OLD:

sZv6W30.png

I'm pretty sure she's 14 at most. That could be "adult" by their standards. Awakening had Lissa, Ricken, and Donnel, all around the age of Elise and Sakura.

This is just a poorly written way to say "act your age" and a means to make you think it's okay for her to marry.

Edited by Giga Man

Updated chapter names (for common paralogues and Birthright/Conquest/Revelations exclusive chapters), personal and class skill name localisations, weapon and item localisations and English names for soundtracks revealed during the streams and preview videos in the previous page.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Things picked up the Character Creation (from Hammy's, AbdallahSmash026's and Polygon's stream)

Boon/Bane corresponds to Asset/Flaw which affects positively/negatively base stats/growth rates/stat caps in the respective stat

Stat // Boon / Bane

HP // Robust / Sickly

STR // Strong / Weak

MAG // Clever / Dull

SKL // Deft / Clumsy

SPD // Quick / Slow

LUK // Lucky / Unlucky

DEF // Sturdy / Fragile

RES // Calm / Excitable

From Talent (which affects Secondary base classes of the Avatar)

Cavalier / Knight / Fighter / Mercenary / Outlaw / Samurai / Oni Savage / Lancer / Diviner / Monk / Sky Knight / Archer / Dragon (wyvern rider?) / Ninja / Apothecary (herb merchant?) / Mage / Troubadour

Most of these are straightforward although I'm not sure as to whether these are meant to be precise class names or just descriptions of those classes...

[EDIT] Seeing how Lancer is actually Spear Fighter they may be just rough descriptions of the classes they could take on though...

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Assuming this is medieval fantasy, being 13/14 years old would be considered "adult" by that standard because life expectancy rate is pretty low back in the old days. Of course, there are adults that look like highschoolers, yet are actually older (i.e. most Asian women).

Sorry if this has been asked before or answered somewhere else, but was the Special Edition pre-order only, or will it be able to be bought in stores?

Right now, it's pre-order-only. Whether you can find one on store shelves on release day is unknown.

Are they just defenestrating the naming conventions entirely for gen2 then

Now I'm kinda worried for Shino

Idk, I don't know that the naming conventions really matter to the devs.

I mean, think of real life. People name their kids whatever sounds pretty with no regard to where it came from. I actually think that getting rid of the Japanese kid names could totally feasibly happen. For Caeldori, maybe Subaki heard the name and thought it was cute? Obviously Gen I could use Japanese names, but Gen II could have a bit more changes and it still make sense.

Shinonome is a little long. I'd be interested in seeing it changed. I prefer Rhajat and Selkie to Syalla and Kinu for instance, and I absolutely adore Caeldori because of how it sounds and looks.

If FEFates was just Revelations route, that might be a valid option, but the existence of Birthright and Conquest makes it feel very off-would parents really name their kids after something that's, well, a name from the enemy?

As a Chinese person, the only times we have foreign names if if we are born in/live for extended time in a foreign country or is an international movie star or something.

We have an excuse for most of the decidedely un-Japanese names. Kaden and Selkie are from a solitary tribe with its own naming conventions, Rajaht never had a Japanese name in the first place, and Caeldori's parents were likely possessed by the same horrible anagram demon that controlled them in the Japanese version.

Shara can be written as 娑羅 and Matoi as 纏 so it's not like they aren't actual Japanese words at least, even as anagrams.

I guess we'll see what happens with Hisame, Shinonome, and Kisaragi. Gurei's addressed in-supports so I'm just waiting to lol at him

Edited by Thor Odinson