Voice Actor Wishlist (possible spoilers?)

PunkRoseBlitz

So with Fates coming out in about 19 days, we have yet to hear more of the characters' English voices. Some of them are great (especially Nishiki/Kaden, Ryoma, Camilla, and Leo's voices)! And then there are some cringe worthy ones like Effie and Felicia's execution of, "We got trouble!"

For the ones we didn't hear yet in English, which voice actor do you think would be perfect for a character in the game?

To me, I think Johnny Yong Bosch would be perfect for Shigure. Since JYB is the singer in his band Eyeshine, I can imagine him singing to "You are the ocean's gray waves," and it would come out beautifully. Plus his awesome voice can make Shigure much more fabulous just like Robin's seiyuu.

There is one problem though: Is JYB a non-union voice actor? He's in pretty big roles like Lelouch from Code Geass, Izaya from Durarara!!, and Makoto from Free!. Then again, Laura Bailey did Lucina's voice, though she wasn't credited.

I'd like seeing Adam Howden up in here. Idk even where, just somewhere.

He could be Flannel or Shigure based on looks or personality in Flannel's case.

I'd like to see Tara Platt, Cristina Vee, Yuri Lowenthal, and Erin Fitzgerald in any role, but who knows if that will happen?

Honestly, the only voice actors I actually care for are Crispin Freeman, Liam O'Brian and Travis Willingham. If any of those three are in, I will be satisfied. Bonus points for Crispin Freeman as the only pieces of media I can name off the top of my head with him in it are Soul Calibur 3 as Siegfried (the best Siegfried, IMO), Itachi Uchiha from Naruto (the best Itachi, IMO) and the Xenosaga triology, where his performance makes me shiver every time I hear the crazed, slightly suggestive voice of the best character in the series, Albedo.

As for women, I would like to hear Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn. Her voice is perhaps too sultry for a character but I would like to hear her regardless.

I'd like to see Tara Platt, Cristina Vee, Yuri Lowenthal, and Erin Fitzgerald in any role, but who knows if that will happen?

I believe Yuri is voicing Marth, since he's done his role in Codename: Steam. :)

Honestly, the only voice actors I actually care for are Crispin Freeman, Liam O'Brian and Travis Willingham. If any of those three are in, I will be satisfied.

Liam voiced Inigo in Awakening, so I'd say he's in, and if you listened to Garon's voice, you can hear Travis's voice. It would be nice for Crispin to be in the game. :D

I believe Yuri is voicing Marth, since he's done his role in Codename: Steam. :)

Liam voiced Inigo in Awakening, so I'd say he's in, and if you listened to Garon's voice, you can hear Travis's voice. It would be nice for Crispin to be in the game. :D

Oh yeah, duh. I knew that. Idk why I forgot.

That also means that Bailey is back, and Scarlet sounds a lot like her. That also makes me pretty happy.

I was going to say Ben Diskin, because he's fantastic in Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, but he's voicing Takumi, right? I also like Matt Mercer and Liam O'Brien, but they both are almost certainly in the game...

Hmm, maybe Sumia's voice actress? Her voice is a big reason why I love that character (Sumia's criticals are my favorites! I love how her voice trembles from excitement during them), so I'd love her to come back.

I was going to say Ben Diskin, because he's fantastic in Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, but he's voicing Takumi, right? I also like Matt Mercer and Liam O'Brien, but they both are almost certainly in the game...

Hmm, maybe Sumia's voice actress? Her voice is a big reason why I love that character (Sumia's criticals are my favorites! I love how her voice trembles from excitement during them), so I'd love her to come back.

You mean Eden Riegel?

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe that Kaiji Tang and Julie Ann Taylor reprised their roles as Owain/Odin and Severa/Selena. I could also see Xander Mobus voicing Arthur.

I wanted Kyle Hebert to come back because I always loved Frederick's voice, but he said he was never called up. :(

But I hope Vic Mignogna is indeed Kaden, that'd just be awesomesauce!

We know that Rena Strober is Azura, D.C. Douglas is Gunter and Llewellyn, Kaiji Tang, Liam O'Brien, Julie Ann Taylor, Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, David Vincent, and Jason Adkins are almost sure things to reprise their roles of Odin, Laslow, Selena, Marth, Lucina, Robin, and Ike. Karen Strassman is almost a guaranteed as Anna, too.

We also know that Charlotte and Sakura are Brianna Knickerbocker. I'm beginning to think that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is Camilla since I thought it was Valerie Arem (they're similar in vocal ranges), but Valerie said it wasn't her. It'd be nice to see Brina Palencia in the game, too.

We'll soon learn Corrin's voice actors since the Smash DLC for Corrin and Bayonetta become available on February 3rd.

I wanted Kyle Hebert to come back because I always loved Frederick's voice, but he said he was never called up. :(

But I hope Vic Mignogna is indeed Kaden, that'd just be awesomesauce!

To me, Vic Mignogna voicing Kaden would ruin Kaden's character. I really can't see Vic pulling that off after he ruined Rin in the Free dub...

Edited by KazeNinja17

To me, Vic Mignogna voicing Kaden would ruin Kaden's character. I really can't see Vic pulling that off after he ruined Rin in the Free dub...

... Because Vic's only been in Free and not something with a good dub like FMA.

I hope he's Kaden. I really do.

... Because Vic's only been in Free and not something with a good dub like FMA.

I hope he's Kaden. I really do.

For me, Vic hasn't been in anything grand since FMA. That being said, I could see Bryce Papenbrook being Kaden. The distortion of the voice while he's transformed as a Kitsune doesn't help me pinpoint who the voice actor might be, though.

For me, Vic hasn't been in anything grand since FMA. That being said, I could see Bryce Papenbrook being Kaden. The distortion of the voice while he's transformed as a Kitsune doesn't help me pinpoint who the voice actor might be, though.

If not Vic it soudns to me like Sam Riegel. Aka Teddie.

If not Vic it soudns to me like Sam Riegel. Aka Teddie.

It honestly could be any of those three. They all have voiced characters with similar pitches in the past.

You know, it could also be Ray Chase, who voiced L in Xenoblade Chronicles X. I kind of heard similarities between those two.

There is one problem though: Is JYB a non-union voice actor? He's in pretty big roles like Lelouch from Code Geass, Izaya from Durarara!!, and Makoto from Free!. Then again, Laura Bailey did Lucina's voice, though she wasn't credited.

I believe Johnny is fi-core, he does both union and non-union gigs. The true problem is that this game is probably done at Cup of Tea, and he hasn't worked any projects there since Soul Calibur 5 (3 and half years ago I think).

In response to everyone else; Tara, Christina, Yuri, and Erin are all possible. Yuri is already in the game as Marth at the very least, but Tara and Erin may or may not be in this game since they had roles in the previous one (nothing stopping them, but they may be less likely). Crispin Freeman won't show up, he's union only. Liam O'Brien is almost definitely going to be in the game for a certain character. Garon sounded like Travis, so he may be in the game. McGlynn was in Xenoblade Chronicles X, another Cup of Tea project, so it's possible she's here too. Jamieson is in the same boat as Tara and Erin. Same with Eden Riegel. Ben Diskin is definitely in, pretty sure he's Saizo (still don't hear him as Takumi, but I'm not always the best at recognizing voices). Definitely Xander as Arthur. Vic is similar to JYB in that he hardly works at Cup of Tea, but he could still show up. I've hearing Bryce or Ray as Kaden myself, both are possibilities. Sorry for the big ole wall o' text.

I don't know if I should list out who I'd want. I'd pretty much like to see every voice actor under the sun in this game. I would say that Joe J Thomas would make a good Asama, Doug Erholtz for Tsubaki and Iago, Erica Mendez for Lutz, and a lot more. I just hope that Felecia, Effie, Nyx, and Hinoka are the extent of the bad voices in this game...

I believe Johnny is fi-core, he does both union and non-union gigs. The true problem is that this game is probably done at Cup of Tea, and he hasn't worked any projects there since Soul Calibur 5 (3 and half years ago I think).

In response to everyone else; Tara, Christina, Yuri, and Erin are all possible. Yuri is already in the game as Marth at the very least, but Tara and Erin may or may not be in this game since they had roles in the previous one (nothing stopping them, but they may be less likely). Crispin Freeman won't show up, he's union only. Liam O'Brien is almost definitely going to be in the game for a certain character. Garon sounded like Travis, so he may be in the game. McGlynn was in Xenoblade Chronicles X, another Cup of Tea project, so it's possible she's here too. Jamieson is in the same boat as Tara and Erin. Same with Eden Riegel. Ben Diskin is definitely in, pretty sure he's Saizo (still don't hear him as Takumi, but I'm not always the best at recognizing voices). Definitely Xander as Arthur. Vic is similar to JYB in that he hardly works at Cup of Tea, but he could still show up. I've hearing Bryce or Ray as Kaden myself, both are possibilities. Sorry for the big ole wall o' text.

I don't know if I should list out who I'd want. I'd pretty much like to see every voice actor under the sun in this game. I would say that Joe J Thomas would make a good Asama, Doug Erholtz for Tsubaki and Iago, Erica Mendez for Lutz, and a lot more. I just hope that Felecia, Effie, Nyx, and Hinoka are the extent of the bad voices in this game...

I hate to be ignorant but what does this union, non-union stuff mean?

EDIT: Other than the fact that I'm not getting my Crispin Freeman?

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I still think that Howden would make a killer Flannel. I mean, look at Flannel's looks and personality. You know that Howden's the only person allowed to voice him omg

that and Howden is quite good looking himself so I wouldn't be opposed to him being in this game in the first place

EDIT: Other than the fact that I'm not getting my Crispin Freeman?

Like BlueHeracross, Crispin Freeman is a union-only voice actor, meaning he cannot do voice work for Fire Emblem series, which the voice work is non-union (this is quite evident since the Awakening credits either had some of the characters' VA being uncredited or pseudonyms being used). That being said, I'll be half-assed surprised if the voice work for Fire Emblem Fates is union, seeing that the Fire Emblem series is far more niche when compared to Final Fantasy series. Apparently, this also means Nolan North (yes, Nolan North being in every single video game voice work is highly exaggerated since you will never see him do voice work for niche jRPGs or indie games), Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren, Troy Baker, Tara Strong, etc. will not be in this game.

That being said, here's actually my English VA wishlist:

• Christine Marie Cabanos: I can definitely see her voicing Midoriko in the dub seeing that she has a high-pitched and innocent voice that would fit perfectly into Midoriko's character. Compare the Japanese VA clips here to her voice acting.
  • Johnny Yong Bosch: I've been hearing rumors that he may be voicing Leo, but after hearing a few voice clips in the Birthright gameplay, I highly doubt that. He does make a good Siegbert or Hinata though. Honestly, JYB has done so many jRPGs in the past and Nintendo hasn't hired him in a Fire Emblem game?
  • Max Mittelman: After listening to a few voice clips, I'm pretty sure that him as Silas. Some say it's Antony del Rio, but I highly doubt that since his name is associated with union-only video game work (although there is a chance of surprises, since I thought Lex Lang and Sandy Fox were union-only voice actors prior to the Aldnoah.Zero and Sailor Moon dubs).
  • Sandy Fox and Lex Lang: Speaking of which, I'm hoping these two voice someone in this game. And it does seem to look like that Nyx might be voiced by Sandy Fox if I'm not mistaken.
  • Doug Erholtz: He would definitely make a good Deere.
  • Xanthe Huynh, Erik Kimerer, Erica Mendez, and Sean Chiplock: Can we get these newer name Bang Zoom! voice actors in this game?
  • Robbie Daymond: Hoping he'll voice Subaki.
  • Lucien Dodge: I think he would make a good Foleo.

I hate to dash the hopes of Xander Mobus being Arthur in Fire Emblem Fates, but he just tweeted to me that he is not in the game: https://twitter.com/XanderMobusVO/status/693991974118928384

That's a shame, I could've sworn it was him and would've loved to have him in the game. I'd say that maybe he just can't announce his role yet, but I don't think he'd flat out deny it if that were the case.

That's a shame, I could've sworn it was him and would've loved to have him in the game. I'd say that maybe he just can't announce his role yet, but I don't think he'd flat out deny it if that were the case.

Yeah. I understand that there are NDAs for voice actors, but when Matthew Mercer confirmed he was Chrom to me back in 2013, he just played coy about it, he never outright denied it. Xander did say that he has full confidence in the English voice cast for Fates, though. He also said he appreciates that so many of us on here were hoping he was in the game.